Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Players Marks: Charlton 2-1 Leicester

Comments

• Options
    Hamer -7.5
    Solly -8
    Morrison -8
    Cort -8
    Wiggins -8
    Pritchard -8
    Hollands -7.5
    Stephens-6.5
    Jackson -7
    Kermorgant-8.5
    BWP-8.5

• Options
    Hamer 7.5
    Solly 7
    Morrison 8
    Cort 7
    Wiggins 7
    Pritchard 7.5
    Hollands 7.5
    Stephens 7.5
    Jackson 7
    Kermorgant 7.5
    BWP 8

• Options
    Splodge said:

Hamer 7
    Solly 8
    Morrison 8
    Cort 7
    Wiggins 7
    Pritchard 8
    Hollands 6
    Stephens 6
    Jackson 5
    Kermorgant 8
    BWP 8

Jackson looked totally off the pace and kept losing the ball. For me the game highlighted the need for another midfielder. We were very nearly punished for being dominated in midfield.

Jackson didn't look right after get got that ball in the face. I think it distracted him a bit.

• Options
    Hamer - 8.5 - A very confident, mature & commanding performance! Kept us alive in the 2nd half.
    Solly - 7.5 - Creative & solid. Did seem to allow Konchesky to get through & cross quite often in the 1st half, but fixed that for the 2nd.
    Morrison - 9 (MoM) - Wonderful composure and skill. Brilliant throughout.
    Cort - 8 - Very solid. Tracked back very fast at the first signs of a break, and marked well in the area.
    Wiggins - 7.5 - Very skillful, fast and determined. At times felt he took too many players on to try & keep possession.
    Pritchard - 8 - Seemed to be everywhere! Good passing game to push forwards - no hoofing it!
    Hollands - 7 - Good first half, with good distribution. Overrun a bit in the 2nd.
    Stephens - 6.5 - Solid in the first half. Mark off for losing his cool in the 2nd. Wasn't surprised when he was subbed.
    Jackson - 6.5 - Seemed 1/2 yard behind his normal pace. Did someone mention he took a knock?
    Kermorgant - 8 - Started a little shakily, but settled to be his usual, brilliant self! SO pleased with his goal!! Voice still sore from that.. :)
    BWP - 8.5 - Fantastic, tireless, near-faultless display thoughout! A constant threat in the 1st half, and forced a good save at the end of the 2nd.
  • Options
    Hamer 8
    Solly 6.5 For some reason I didnt think he was quite up to his normal standard positionally
    Morrison 9 MOM Awesome
    Cort 8 Some great headers and blocks
    Wiggins 7.5
    Pritchard 8 Love it when he runs at the opposition
    Hollands 8.5 Our most underated player.
    Stephens 7.5
    Jackson 6.5
    Kermorgant 8
    BWP 9
  • Options
    Hamer 8
    Solly 7.5
    Morrison 9 MOM
    Cort 8.5
    Wiggins 7.5
    Pritchard 8
    Hollands 8
    Stephens 7.5
    Jackson 7.5
    Kermorgant 8.5
    BWP 8.5
  • Options
    Hamer - 8
    Solly - 7
    Morrison - 9
    Cort - 8
    Wiggins - 8
    Pritchard - 7
    Hollands - 7
    Stephens - 8
    Jackson - 6
    Kermorgant - 8
    BWP - 9
  • Options

Hamer-9 coped well under pressure
    Solly-8 he's Chris solly, need I say anymore
    Morrison- 7.5 solid game, kept both beckford and nugent under wraps
    Cort-7/8 starting to become a favourite of mine with his consistency
    Wiggins-8 showed his pace at time even with a slight knock
    Pritchard-9 couldn't fault him but he doesn't get my MOM
    Hollands-8 held the play together well and spread the ball about throughout the game
    Stephens-8 showed his class as the game wore on with space emerging
    Jackson-9 gave it his all the whole game, almost had to be carried off he looked so knackered
    Kermorgant-9.5 showed that penalties aren't meant to determine careers as he slotted home his effort and the finger to the lips was a loud and clear message
    BWP-10 MOM never stopped running and a rasping effort which opened the doors to a great game

• Options
    Hamer - 8
    Solly - 7
    Morrison - 8.5
    Cort - 8.5
    Wiggins - 7
    Pritchard - 7
    Hollands - 7.5
    Stephens - 7
    Jackson - 7
    Kermorgant - 8
    BWP - 8.5

• Options
    Hamer-7.5 - Keeps getting better
    Solly-6.5- tenacious but caught out a few times and got pushed back as the match went on
    Cort-7.5- A giant, almost nicked a goal too
    Morrison-7.5- did well against a great attack, although turned a couple of times
    Wiggins-7.5- solid at the back, some fantastic touches, would like to have seen him getting forward more
    Jackson-6 good first half, then faded badly. Too often marking space, out of position and making silly errors
    Hollands-7- back in form - we one the game in midfield
    Stephens-7- quality, the lower league Pirlo.
    Pritchard-8.5- filling in for Solly at RB one second then bursting up to LM to create a bit of movement for the throw. Added a bit more vim to the team when he moved inside for Wilson too.
    BWP- 6.5 - great finish, and was giving Morgan a torrid time, unfortunate to be penalised for a great tackle on De Laet
    Kermorgant -7- not the best that I've seen him but covered every blade, put himself on the line and got a goal

Ref: poor
    The Gaffer: needed the subs earlier. They regained the initiative when King and Nugent came on, as BWP and Jacko looked increasingly leggy they should have been swapped. That said, we beat one of the best sides that we'll play. The Nuge and Konch probable earn more than our squad.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hamer - 7.5 Goor positioning and handling underpressure
    Solly - 7 Got sucked in sometimes but recovered well.
    Morrison - 8 Strong and well timed tackles
    Cort - 7.5 Calm and looked a threat at set plays
    Wiggins - 7 Looked a little uncertain at times
    Pritchard - 7.5 Never flustered and got all round the pitch. Brought the ball forward well
    Hollands - 7 Worked hard in the middle
    Stephens - 7 Looked classy on the ball and got more tackles in than usual (but still room for improvement there)
    Jackson - 6.5 Started well and good in possession but exposed for pace when chasing
    Kermorgant - 8 Won a huge number of headers and that placed Leicester on the back foot. Linked up well with BWP
    BWP - 8.5 He worried their defence all night. Excellent control, pace and harrying. MOM
  • Options
    Hamer 7.5
    Solly 7
    Morrison 8.5
    Cort 8
    Wiggins 8
    Pritchard 7.5
    Hollands 7
    Stephens 6.5
    Jackson 6
    Kermorgant 7
    BWP 8.5
  • Options
    Hamer 7
    Solly 7.5
    Morrison 8.5
    Cort 7
    Wiggins 7.5
    Pritchard 8
    Hollands 7
    Stephens 7
    Jackson 7
    Kermorgant 8
    BWP 8

• Options
    Hamer-8
    Solly-8
    Morrison-8
    Cort-8
    Wiggins-8
    Pritchard-8.5
    Hollands-8
    Stephens-7.5
    Jackson-8
    Kermorgant-8.5
    BWP-8.5 MOM
  • Options
    Hamer 8
    Solly 7.5
    Morrison 8.5
    Cort 8
    Wiggins 7.5
    Pritchard 7.5
    Hollands 7
    Stephens 7
    Jackson 6
    Kermorgant 7
    BWP 9

• Options
    Hamer 8 - Thought his positioning was excellent yesterday and pulled off some good gathers at feet.
    Solly 7.5 - Did very well. Thought at first he might struggle against their winger, but he really grew as the game went on.
    Morrison 8 - Thought he was solid. Did nothing flash. Kept it simple and affective.
    Cort 7.5 - Same as Morrison, but i think Morro just edged it.
    Wiggins 7.5 - Like Solly he grew as the game wore on. Caught out a couple of times but nothing to damaging.
    Pritchard 7.5 - I thought he struggled towards the end, but i was still impressed with how he played.
    Hollands 8 - For me he was the rock in the middle. Tidied things up and moved the ball about well.
    Stephens 7.5 - Have to admit i am not a Stephens fan, but i think he played really well last night.
    Jackson 7 - Got caught out a lot in my opinion for pace and in possesion. However he does do good things.
    Kermorgant 9 - This guy was so up for this game. Deserved his goal.
    BWP 8 - Excellent finish for the goal. Looked dangerous. Tired towards the end, but we had no decent replacement for him. Fuller is not a bad alternative to bring on when he tires :-)

Powell 7.5 - I have to admit i wish he had freshened things up a little earlier, especially when Leicester stepped it up in the second half. But he had the same team as last year and had them playing well. Top man.

Thoroughly enjoyed last night. I have to admit Leicester played some great passing play and their counter attacking looked dangerous which we need to be wary of in this league. But performance is encouraging.

• Options
    Hamer 8
    Solly 8
    Morrison 8.5 - I bet Leicester are wondering why they let him go
    Cort 7.5
    Wiggins 8
    Pritchard 8 - Everyone debates who our best right midfielder is, waggy or green - I think we have found the answer.
    Hollands 8
    Stephens 7.5
    Jackson 7
    Kermorgant 8
    BWP 8.5 MOM - Certainly shut the guy up behind me when he scored.
  • Options
    Hamer 8
    Solly 8
    Morrison 9
    Cort 7
    Wiggins 7
    Pritchard 7
    Hollands 6
    Stephens 7
    Jackson 6
    Kermorgant 7
    BWP 8
  • Options
    Hamer 7
    Solly 7
    Morrison 8
    Cort 7.5
    Wiggins 7
    Pritchard 7.5
    Hollands 7
    Stephens 7
    Jackson 7
    Kermorgant 8
    BWP 9 Mom

• Options
    Hamer - 8
    Solly - 7.5
    Morrison - 8
    Cort - 8
    Wiggins - 7
    Pritchard - 8
    Hollands - 7.5
    Stephens - 6.5
    Jackson - 7
    Kermorgant -8.5
    BWP - 9 MOTM

Great performance all round really. Just think the midfield faded second half. We need Hughes back to fitness soon. The lads didn't stop against really strong opponents.

Took me Mrs to the game. Don't think she was expecting such noise in G block NU. She came out deaf haha (typical gooner I suppose)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hamer 8 did what he had to do very well, and gave me much more confidence than last season!
    Solly 7 caught out a couple of times, but usual 100% effort and great touchline run
    Morrison 9 superb
    Cort 7 v strong in the air, got done for pace a few times
    Wiggins 7 done for the goal, but otherwise solid
    Pritchard 7 first half MoM, but faded a lot in the second
    Hollands 7 kept going all night, though dead on his feet by the end
    Stephens 6 some lovely touches but over-run second half
    Jackson 6 as above - and nearly cost us badly - should have been subbed sooner
    Kermorgant 7 not as dominant in the air as last season, but well-taken goal and delighted for him
    BWP 9 our Duracell player - and v g goal
  • Options
    Hamer 8 - Quality
    Solly 8 - Wilson's gonna get splinters in his bum
    Morrison 9 - MoM. A rock with his well timed tackling, heading and distribution
    Cort 8 - Solid
    Wiggins 7.5 - Good, but he's played better
    Pritchard 8 - Excellent 1st half
    Hollands 8 - Sound as a pound
    Stephens 8.5 - Touches of real class and did a job on Beckford
    Jackson 7 - Seemed to be affected by the early knock.
    Kermorgant 8.5 - Powell's best signing?
    BWP 8.5 - Really well taken goal and a constant threat.
  • Options
    Hamer 8
    Solly 7.5
    Morrison 8.5
    Cort 8
    Wiggins 7.5
    Pritchard 8
    Hollands 7.5
    Stephens 7.5
    Jackson 7
    Kermorgant 8
    BWP 9 mom

Wilson n/a (under 30mins)
    Kerkar n/a
    cook n/a
  • Options
    Hamer 9 I was not always a fan last season ,but he looked the part last night ,maybe his eye op has helped
    Solly 8 Total commitment
    Morrison 8 Wanted to prove a point to Leicester and did
    Cort 8 He looks very comfortable in the CCC
    Wiggins 8 Manages to use his pace well when in trouble
    Pritchard 8 Coped well on the right as well as when brought inside
    Hollands 8 Kept going ,must be really fit as Cort and him played the full 120 minutes against Orient as well as Birmingham
    Stephens 8 Superb first half tired after 70 mins should have been subbed sooner
    Jackson 8 Similar to Stephens ,technically he is certainly at least a CCC player but he looked extremely tired towards the end
    Kermorgant 8 Glad he scored against his old club
    BWP 9 Best game I have seen him play ,certainly CCC standard judging by that performance
  • Options
    Hamer - 8
    Solly - 8
    Morrison - 9
    Cort - 8
    Wiggins - 8
    Pritchard - 9
    Hollands - 7
    Stephens - 7
    Jackson - 6
    Kermorgant - 8
    BWP - 8.5
  • Options
    Hamer - 8
    Solly - 7
    Morrison - 8
    Cort - 7.5
    Wiggins - 7
    Pritchard - 7.5
    Hollands - 7.5
    Stephens - 8.5
    Jackson - 7
    Kermorgant - 8.5
    BWP - 8.5
  • Options
    Hamer 8; Just like Birmingham away, Hamer was superb.
    Solly 8; Was strong and dealt with both wingers reasonably well. when Solly had the ball he was composed
    Morrison 8.5; The rock in defence, some great tackles and was just generally excellent, including his touches and THAT turn.
    Cort 8; Put his body on the line and was solid.
    Wiggins 8; Got forward well at times and showed he can do the ugly side of the game well too.
    Pritchard 8; From my seat, I am almost in line behind the home dugout, Pritchard was out of position often but was still very good.
    Hollands 8.5; Won a lot in the air and in the first half, was fantastic. Second half was difficult for anyone to get a foot hold.
    Stephens 8; Done very well in the first half but clearly got tired, some of the passing and composure however was excellent.
    Jackson 8; Covered Wiggins well and is a clear threat from his set pieces. Good performance but tired in the second half.
    Kermorgant 8.5; Ultimately scored the winner against his old side to silence them. Linked up with BWP very well.
    BWP 9.5; Easily man of the match, scored a great goal to get off the mark. Worked hard all game, like he always does, but last night, BWP was a class above.
  • Options
    Hamer - 8
    Solly - 7
    Morrison - 7.5
    Cort - 7
    Wiggins - 7
    Pritchard - 7.5
    Hollands - 7
    Stephens - 7
    Jackson - 7
    Kermorgant - 8
    BWP - 8.5

Wilson n/a (under 30mins)
    Kerkar n/a
    cook n/a
  • Options
    Hamer - 8.5, Very confident looking. Kept the three points safe when it looked like a point was all we would get.
    Solly - 7, Not his usual self, got caught out for pace a couple of times. The run near the end was brilliant though.
    Morrison - 9, Superb, not a lot more to say. The ref tried to help Leicester score allowing blatant fouls on him near the end.
    Cort - 8, Very solid, the more I see Leon the more I like his play. Could have scored from a corner.
    Wiggins - 7.5, played well agaainst a tricky winger. Tried to dribble out a few times and it did not work, but I hope he keeps on trying.
    Pritchard - 8, Superb first half, faded late on, but one of his best performances to date. first team regular.
    Hollands - 7.5, Won headers and tackled, Did not get forward enough, but that was because Leicester pinned us back second half.
    Stephens - 7, Good performance, but he has more in the tank. One great saving tackle in th second half.
    Jackson - 7, Not at his best, but still crossed and tackled. Pace an issue against teams with pace in abundance, Like Leicester.
    Kermorgant - 8.5, Monster in the air and played well on the deck, caused problems all night and scored a good goal.
    BWP - 9.5 (MOM), Ran his nuts off, scored, tracked back, tackled, hassled defenders, the near perfect performance (another goal would have got him a 10).

Wilson n/a (under 30mins) - Looked nervous, but more to come for sure.
    Kerkar n/a - Not sure about bringing him on to defend, more attacking option.
    cook n/a - Much needed injection of pace, could have come on earlier.
  • Options
    Hamer 8
    Solly 7
    Morrison 8.5
    Cort 7.5
    Wiggins 7
    Pritchard 8
    Hollands 7
    Stephens 6.5
    Jackson 6
    Kermorgant 7.5
    BWP 8.5

Midfielders' marks might seem harsh but we were overrun for much of the 2nd half