Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

BWP Or Fuller?

Comments

• Options
    Off_it said:

Off_it said:

I had 11 Fullers not long ago. Was pissed.

...that awkward moment when you awake from another drunken gangbang.

All been there mate.

You WERE there. Arrived with Michael Barrymore and a load of plastic sheeting, if I remember rightly.
    This.
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Off_it said:

All been there mate.

You WERE there. Arrived with Michael Barrymore and a load of plastic sheeting, if I remember rightly.
    Yep, I left pretty sharpish after he tried to strike it lucky.

• Options

Off_it said:

Off_it said:

All been there mate.

Yep, I left pretty sharpish after he tried to strike it lucky.

Did he ask you if you were "awright up the back?"
  • Options
    Couldnt hear through the gimp mask so havent got a danny.

Good times.
  • Options
    I think Bradleys work rate and effort, in the first 2 games this season, was based on the fact that he knew fuller was arriving.. He didnt move nearly that much last season when we walked the league
  • Options
    Bradley and Yann have got the shirt ..... its down to Fuller to fight for it
  • Options
    By Christmas front two will be Haynes and Fuller.
  • Options
    Use Fuller off the bench. When fit if BWP or Yann aren't playing well give him a chance.

Same for all players. They've got to earn their place and keep it. If someone gets a chance and improves the team they keep it. Yann and Cort did it last season, while Pritchard is getting a chance on the right.
  • Options
    SuperYann said:

I think Bradleys work rate and effort, in the first 2 games this season, was based on the fact that he knew fuller was arriving.. He didnt move nearly that much last season when we walked the league

This forum is all about opinions & you are entitled to yours but in my opinion you are talking absolute tosh!! BWP has always worked hard for the team. For some reason some people choose not to see it
  • Options

Can I at least wait until I've actually seen Fuller play in a Charlton shirt?

As I have said, i ment an on form fuller.

If you get an on form Fuller there will not even be a competition and he'll be the first name on the sheet every week. If he was 23, fit as a fiddle and a model pro he'd be worth in the region of 20-25 million. And yes i do say that with a straight face. He won't be what he was and he won't have the frightening pace of old but he'll still be strong, he'll still have great control of the ball and if he has the same mobility he had before the achilles injury he'll still scare the shit out of second rate defenders in the championship.

We definitely didn't get the best out of him this last 12 months for various reasons. A few niggles, problems with Pulis and obviously the main reason being we spent 10 million on Crouch who took his natural position. He was tried wide left a couple of times but he doesn't have the engine to chase up and down the wing all day. He's very good mates with Usain Bolt and i imagine he'd struggle aswell. Fuller's a sprinter and needs to do his work in bursts when it hurts the most so he's wasted out wide. He has to be right up top and the ball needs to be to feet. We used to pump it long down the channels and his immense pace would get him there but that's unlikely to still be there so you'll have to be a bit cuter. If you can manage that and also get support in and around him i can't see him being anything other than a successful signing. If his knees or achilles goes tomorrow or Chris Powell doesn't treat him with kid gloves then it won't be. I really hope it works out and my fingers are crossed for you. I so want him to do well it hurts lol.

I'm sure i'll probably be quite a regular visitor on here over the coming months ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'd like to see Fuller given a run out in one of the forthcoming Johnstones Paint or League Cup games.......
  • Options
    BWP ran his heart out last night, some people were criticising his commitment and effort last year. Nobody can say such things after last night. BWP will fight to keep his place, Fuller will be fed up and of sitting on the bench and will look to start by scoring goals. All I know is, we got a frightening strike force and both of them will play their part.
  • Options
    Macronate said:

definitely Fuller. BWP is lazy , has an atrocious one v one record and only got 22 goals last year out of 3,097,854 chances.

Lol!
  • Options
    Why not together? Fuller could play the Yann role when he's subbed of?

But lets see what he's like first before we make decisions.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    I love the thought of Fuller fully fit and ten years younger. Will he be able to cut the mustard if reasonably fit? Yes I think he will. Will he be first choice every game, no I don't think he has been signed for that reason. Its a long season and we need strength in depth. We have four quality strikers all with different qualities in BWP, Yann, DH and RF. I think SCP will shuffle the pack more this season picking teams to match the opposition. Having four strikers, two of which can be on the bench at any time is a real bonus.
  • Options
    Can't see Fuller playing many full games, his role likely to be as an impact sub
  • Options
    Fuller & Clarke up front together could be an interesting combination , like Dempsey & Makepeace.
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

Can't see Fuller playing many full games, his role likely to be as an impact sub

Disagree. Maybe initially but I'm sure he didn't come to beach warm in the Championship.

• Options

Fuller as an impact sub.

Agree, last half an hour when we need to try something different.
  • Options

stonemuse said:

Disagree. Maybe initially but I'm sure he didn't come to beach warm in the Championship.

Especially not in London ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Life's good as a charlton fan when you get to ask yourself that question ... 2/3 years ago it was, Burton, McLeod and Mooney! How times have changed!
  • Options
    Macronate said:

definitely Fuller. BWP is lazy , has an atrocious one v one record and only got 22 goals last year out of 3,097,854 chances.

You have the right to your opinion .. and I have the right to tell you that yours is wrong and that you're bloody clueless!!
  • Options

Macronate said:

You have the right to your opinion .. and I have the right to tell you that yours is wrong and that you're bloody clueless!!
    I think there was ironic humour at the heart of Macronate's post.

• Options
    Humour is for the jokes thread. Only doom and gloom on here if you don't mind.
  • Options

stonemuse said:

Lol
  • Options
    edited August 2012

Players play differently for other clubs

Jermaine beckford looked poor last night but looked quality at Leeds in the third division
    Andy Carroll looked better at Newcastle in the championship then Liverpool

;-)
  • Options
    BWP is fractionally worst then 1 in 2, and if he took the pens, he'll be even better then that.

Fuller off the bench for the foreseeable future
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

stonemuse said:

Lol
    I was referring to the new beach down by the O2. ;0)

• Options
    can't see Kermorgant losing his place anytime soon. Makes things happen
  • Options

Macronate said:

I think there was ironic humour at the heart of Macronate's post.

You can just never tell ... Some of the stuff people say! And I guess mine was one of those stupid comments haha!