Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

BWP Or Fuller?

Comments

• Options
    BWP by a country mile
  • Options
    LCFC_FOX said:

BWP by a country mile

Can he do shit like this? I'll have to keep an eye out for him ;-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlk3wOTk4fs
  • Options
    One goal, I don't rate Ricardo Fuller. OK he mite score some but I think BWP is better.
  • Options
    Well i shall expect to see some big offers come in for him soon then as Ric is a very special player. Time will tell if he can get fit and back to his best but if you don't rate him you've obviously seen very little of him. Think about how many Stoke fans have signed up the last couple of days just to tell you what a player you could be getting. Take a look at the Stoke forums and read what people have to say about him. Then take a moment to consider that maybe, just maybe, you've seen very little of him and you've no idea what you're getting. If BWP was better than Fuller there's no way he'd be in the Championship at Charlton. He's in his prime and he'd be at the top level. Fuller's career has been blighted by injuries and he has a temperament that most managers prefer to avoid but when he's fit he is without doubt a Premier League player and a bloody good one at that. If like BWP, Fuller was 27, fit and model professional he would be worth 15-20 million in today's market, Bradley is a solid championship striker but he's not worth anywhere near that.

The good news is Fuller has matured and he doesn't get into as much trouble as he used to but the bad news is he isn't 27 anymore and had a recent nasty achilles injury to go with his fragile knees. Then again, if he was he wouldn't be where he is now ;-)

As for "One goal", there's plenty more ;-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TV4bXyl4uM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJyekBPa7Gk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JLEjGuNX9M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXciKdUuYrI

You might even remember this one ;-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtXoaEIohcQ
  • Options
    was a leicester fan pal who said he was better. You'd be daft to say BWP is better than someone who has looked good at premieship level. It's great to have them both on board, look forward to see Fuller playing but as it is at the moment after our first two games, Kermo and BWP have to stay up top for now.
  • Options
    Fuller will probably need a month before he's ready for full games anyway. Easing him in gently will be perfect for all parties i think.
  • Options

Fuller will probably need a month before he's ready for full games anyway. Easing him in gently will be perfect for all parties i think.

Yes agreed...

I for one am really excited about Fuller joining us. Prem quality and experience that we desperately need. Lets hope we can get him fit and firing as soon as possible
  • Options
    No wonder he wanted to get away.

These stoke fans are bloody nuts!

#restrainingorder.

;-)
  • Options
    It's not even debateable. A fit Fuller is way better than both BWP & Yann. He tore up The Championship & The Prem on occasions. BWP & Yann haven't.

However, when will he be fit ?

At 32 he obviously isn't as good as he was & after 3 dislocated shoulder injuries & an achilles operation, in the last few years, how good can he still be ? (Remember John Fortune post achilles op).

Personally, I think it may work out really well, as both BWP & Fuller would struggle to play a full 90 mins, in every game this season, so whoever starts can be subbed & replaced.

Yann, is also likely to get injured, need a rest, so if the 3 stay fit, I think they can share the 2 strikers positions quite well.
  • Options
    bwp!!! i reckon he can do it at this level
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Don't forget Haynes.....assume he is injured at the moment.
  • Options
    Think Haynes is sitting in 4th choice for up top, probably get some time out wide though.

Thought we experimented with a 4-3-3 in pre season, could it be that Yann, BWP and Fuller will play together?
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Solly----Cort----Morrison----Wiggins

-----------Hollands------------

-----Stephens-------Jackson-----

-----------Kermorgant---------

--------Fuller--------Bwp-----

Boom
  • Options
    Hamer.
    Solly Cort Morro Wigg.
  • Options
    There's no doubt that if Fuller can get back to full fitness he will be the best striker in the Championship, let alone the Charlton squad. It's a hell of a big "if" though.

If he does, I'd love us to play 4-3-3. With Kermo's flick ons to either BWP or Fuller, we scaring the pants off defences up and down the country.
  • Options
    A message to any Stoke fans out there..............

Just wondered when he was released and if he was involved in any pre-season training/ friendlies for you?

I assume not as most players are released at the end of the season, but sometimes not (Kermorgant being a prime example).
  • Options
    Dizzle said:

Boom

more like doom
  • Options
    Dizzle said:

Boom

Would replace JJ with Pritchard based on what I saw on Tuesday, that team above is going to need pace and energy! Am sure JJ picked up a knock early on vs. Leicester but am still concerned his pace, or lack of it, will be an issue in The Championship.
  • Options
    don't think the fact that we have a new decent striker warrants a change to the formation ... if anything we could have done the same with Hayes playing behind BWP and Kerm last season.

Fuller will get his chance off the bench and if he takes it then he'll get a place in the team - just like Kerm did
  • Options

Just out of curiosity, Who would you rather se up front with Kermorgant? BWP, Or Fuller?

Until he's injured or off form and we're not scoring at all BWP no brainer
    Is Fuller anywhere near to being match fit??
    Playing Ricardo with either Bradley or Kermit is gonna require new methods for everybody else - so unrealistic to expect to seem him starting anytime soon unless there's injuries or some clown referee creates a suspension. We beat Leicester largely because our starting 11 picked up where they left off in May, Leicester are still integrating several new players, that and Leicester shot straight at Hamer on 3 or 4 occasions. Off topic but how good must Vardy have looked in the Conference? No wonder Fleetwood walked it. £1M bargain
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think we could do a 4-3-1-2 with Yann in the hole with two fronts men playing off his flicks...

Hamer; Solly, Morro, Cort, Wiggs; Pritchard, Stevo/Hollands, Jacko; Yann; BWP, Fuller.

Bit narrow yes, but we coped with the Leics' speedy wingers...
  • Options
    Mrbacon said:

some people were criticising his commitment and effort last year. Nobody can say such things after last night

should not have been saying it last year cause it was bollocks then

• Options
    I reckon Fuller may well play as a one up front on the occasions we play that formation away from home. I think he is better suited to that than either of Yann or BWP.
  • Options
    This is a wonderful dilemma to have.
  • Options

I think we could do a 4-3-1-2 with Yann in the hole with two fronts men playing off his flicks...

Hamer; Solly, Morro, Cort, Wiggs; Pritchard, Stevo/Hollands, Jacko; Yann; BWP, Fuller.

Bit narrow yes, but we coped with the Leics' speedy wingers...

out of interest when was the last time we saw the signing of a single player resulting in the change to that teams formation

No need to switch to play all 3 ... we can just be happy that we will in time have more competition for places

Hoping for all 3 strikers to play is nothing short of a knee-jerk reaction
    - without logic and a complete non-starter
    .... IMHO !!
  • Options
    It has already been tested out in friendlies...
  • Options

It has already been tested out in friendlies...

and when it came to the first real game ... we reverted back to the tried and tested 4-4-2

friendlies are there for fitness

• Options
    Dizzle said:

Boom

You need wingers with the likes of Fuller and Kermorgant in the box.
  • Options
    Didn't we have all this when we signed Pawell Abbot?
  • Options
    yer, and you remember his goal against Swindon