Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Subs?

edited August 2012 in General Charlton
Why on earth did we not make any??? 3 games in a week and the same team!

Comments

• Options
    doesn't trust his subs... and thats 3 games that have netted us 5 points against fancied teams... looks to me like he knows what he is doing..
  • Options
    if he left a fit fuller on the bench then that would be different... also the Hull subs struggled with the conditions when they came on... maybe he thought the same of ours ...
  • Options
    Powell doesn't like subs, think back to last season. He must have faith in his 1st 11. It's fair enough i suppose, but tbh i was struggling to understand how he kept on a knackered looking jackson.
  • Options
    We haven't invested enough in the squad. The subs are League One standard at best. Why would you use them for the Championship?

Blame the board.
  • Options
    ;-)
  • Options
    Better to have them on than players who are dead on their feet. Cook set up our goal at brum
  • Options
    When Powell does make a change it's normally with 5 minutes to go meaning the sub hasn't got enough time to make any impact.
  • Options
    Another factor was the weather ... one of the Hull Subs almost balls it up when BWP nipped in as he misjudged how saturated the pitch was...

Either way ... well happy with a point, big rest ... Forest next week... and get FULLER fit ASAP...
  • Options
    With the way hull were lined up we needed some width. We should have brought Cook and/or Green on to be an outlet on the wings and cause Hull some problems. Jackson was dead on his feet for most of the match so certainly should have been taken off
  • Options
    Why not stick it on the match thread?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    powell doesnt make too many changes but today it would of been hard for any sub to make an impact very scrappy second half due to them conditions
  • Options
    WSS said:

We haven't invested enough in the squad. The subs are League One standard at best. Why would you use them for the Championship?

Blame the board.

Sack the board !!!
  • Options
    edited August 2012

Why?
  • Options

Ego, I dare say...
  • Options

Ego, I dare say...
    What a bizarre thing to say? Why sink to personal insults? Uncalled for.

There's a match thread, people are discussing the game and the subs. Why start another thread when it's already being discussed on a thread that the OP has already posted on?

• Options
    It's hardly a big deal is it really
  • Options
    If it's subs you want ..............

• Options
    I thought he should have brought Pritch off but then looking at the bench I felt Green might have been caught out with the way the pitch was after the rain, and frankly Solly wasn't having his best afternoon. Wasn't a lot of change to be made in a game as scrappy and physical as that one.
  • Options

Ego, I dare say...
    What a bizarre thing to say? Why sink to personal insults? Uncalled for.

There's a match thread, people are discussing the game and the subs. Why start another thread when it's already being discussed on a thread that the OP has already posted on?

Wrong end of the stick here, I was referring to those who open new threads instead of putting it on the main thread...
  • Options
    Yes powell didn't make subs and I found this annoying , but have any of you ever won promotion with a team in the football league, I would feel powell is a better judge than any of us on here
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Powell clearly doesn't think there was anyone on the bench good enough to make a positive impact (which is a worry). And seeing as Hull were the better team second half he was probably thinking about saving a point rather than going for three.
  • Options
    Must admit I thought we were crying out for a sub in the last 15 mins. JJ was blowing out of his arris and I think Pritch could have done with a rest as well. Certainly thought Cook was well worth a bit of a run out, a fresh pair of legs or two on a very heavy and sodden surface couldn't have done any harm at all IMO.
  • Options
    What's the point of having a forum if every question is followed by if Powell didn't want to sub then blah Blah, don't get me wrong I love Powell and he is quality but people do make mistakes and today he
  • Options
    Played Jackson in 433 for most of the game and with the conditions as they were he needed fresh legs out here for sure!! He been saying all week not sure if the 3 games in a week will tire the players will they did for sure today! His first mistake in a long time today was
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    I am surprised Powell didn't make at least one change. But he must of had his reasons.
  • Options
    Yes and he was wrong this time
  • Options
    I think CP has been told that he should not use subs if at all possible as it would mean another kit to clean.
  • Options
    raddickle said:

I think CP has been told that he should not use subs if at all possible as it would mean another kit to clean.

Kit cleaning lady has threatened to go on strike , can't tak the risk
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Did he make a "mistake"?

I thought the hat went well with the rest of his attire.

• Options
    We weren't chasing the match - Chrissy was/is more than happy with 5 points from three games and wasn't going to take a risk. The only sub I thought he might make was Cook for JJ, but I can see why he wanted to keep JJ on the pitch as it was a tight game that could have come down to a quality moment from him.