Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Subs?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Yes and when the sub came on and lost the ball in the conditions and we lost the match....you could have made your next thread.WHY MAKE A SUB IN THOSE CONDITIONS!!!!!.....but all you managers know better than SCP,dont you?
  • Options
    Bring on a player, they slip on the surface and we concede a girl, awful plan.
  • Options
    He brought Taylor on at Birmingham who was blamed for losing the game , although Cook (apparently) in the same game set up a goal as a sub ....
    Against Leicester the subs were used as more of a time killer than anything and we continued to cling on to the game and I don't think any of the 3 offered much defensively wilson didn't look that good in his cameo and the other two are more offensive players .....
    Today sounds like we were clinging on to the game in tricky conditions and Powell was happy to stick with the point we had rather than give that up chasing the game with a Green or Cook substitution
    Last year mistakes weren't as likely to be punished and we were pissing the league , this year is safety, 50ish points, first and then we can be a bit gung ho ....
    You won't find anyone who wants us in the top flight more than me but also you won't find anyone who'd be more gutted if we dropped back into that pubshite league and I think Powells safety approach is the way forward , for now
    Looking at the bench offensively Green and Cook are the best attacking options available but defensively they wouls expose us compared to jj and pritch and we were playing a more narrow game.
    Kerkar on the limited I've seen looks a bit chuff and powell didn't wanna risk another Wilson mistake in the horrendous conditions and Taylor may have been too defensive a move at 0-0 .... Who knows I'm just guessing
    But safety first was Curbs's mantra and SCP looks to be heading that way , he clearly hasn't got the strength of squad he would have hoped for but that's what happens when moneys tight
    I know that without SCP and this squad we'd be a lot closer to League One than we will with him

If you've just read that load of shit you need help
  • Options
    Teams make changes for various reasons. Yesterday Jackson was so tired it could have cost us dear. That is why every other team in the entire country made a change at some stage. SCP is not above critisism, I expected Wilson for Jackson but it never happened.
  • Options
    He got us the point ... Well done Chris ....
  • Options
    The players that scp has brought in - with the exception of Fuller - would tend to be the development type who we can get into the system, develop and look to be starting later in the season. They would not make great impact substitutes.

I can definitely see that in the first few games scp wants to make a solid start, get points from a number of days so everyone builds belief. Get Fuller fit and the team confident in this league and I am sure he would be more expansive - a little bit, because his instincts seem to be pretty cautious.

Whichever way, it is working at the moment!
  • Options
    The reason why SCP didn't make any subs is because we don't have enough money to clean more than 11 kits.
  • Options
    He took some stick for bringing on Taylor at Birmingham. Maybe that influenced his thinking. Sounds like the conditions were very difficult and could have been difficult for newly introduced players to adapt to quickly.
  • Options
    Good arguments from both sides here.

For me personally if there was any game in which we were going to give Smith a run out it was yesterday. Don't get me wrong, it doesn't sound as if he is ready for this league, but as the game got destroyed by the rain and the waterlogged pitch a set piece looked like our best chance of a goal and maybe another big man up front could have helped the ball stick up top and helped us to create some pressure. Also with young players like himself and Cook, surely giving them a few minutes is fantastic for morale and lets them know they're valued assets.

Just my opinion, in SCP we trust.