Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

muse

muse, don't know how to catagarise them? only have one of their albums, absolution, which I really like but dont know how it sits with other albums of there's, best / worse?

I've never seen them perform, only seen the odd clip from you tube or tv and if they are as big as I think they seem (u2ish) I doubt I'd go to see them, as I don't really like big venues like the o2 or outdoor festivals?

how do other people rate them, how would you list their albums in order of preference and should I go and see them and just put up with my dislike of massive crowd stadiums because i really should get to see them before it's too late? me kicking the bucket, rather than them splitting up <?(%~}>

Comments

• Options
    Definitely go and see them live. As far as stage shows go, they even put the likes of Pink Floyd to shame.

Black Holes & Revelations and Origin of Symmetry are both must have albums. The Resistance is also very good. New album (The 2nd Law) comes out on October 1st.

In a British music scene where 'big' artists don't seem to happen anymore like they used to, I'd say Muse are the best thing to happen to British music since Oasis.
  • Options
    Origin of Symmetry
    absolution
    the others are not on my play lists
  • Options
    Very good live band
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    absolution was their last good album, just my opinion but they are one of those bands that are just known for being around a long time rather than stretching themselves musically different, a lot like U2 or Coldplay in that respect
  • Options
    They've just been added to the iTunes festival, so if you want a small venue (The Roundhouse) this will probably be the only chance to see them play a gig like this. Tickets are free, but you need to apply to win them.

Personally, I was a big fan of the first album - Showbiz and bought The Resistance, but then fell away for a long time. Really like the new single, Madness, and picking up on some of the albums I have missed in between now...and have applied for the iTunes gig too :)
  • Options
    Th stuff since black holes has been utter gash.
  • Options
    I've always thought the music was decent but not the lyrics.
  • Options
    Absolution
    Origin Of Symmetry
    Black Holes & Revelations

Amazing live band, even some of my mates who aren't in to their music at all were persuaded to come along to see them live & were blown away.

If you're not a fan of crowds I would suggest seeing one of their stadium/arena gigs from one of the seats. I know you still have the crowds when you arrive and leave but at least you won't get crushed during the gig!

• Options
    edited August 2012
    absolution i feel was there best album, followed by origin of symmentry.

i bought the black hole one, took it back. thought it was poor.

they look good live from bits ive seen on tv. always a huge venue though.

i catergraise them as just stadium rock. some used to say it was a bit emo.
  • Options
    Fantastic live band, probably the best currently. I agree, their music did start to tail off after Black Holes.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Great band and all of their albums are listenable, but Showbiz and Origin of Symmetry (their first two) are a cut above. Shame they seem to be moving towards being mainly a stadium rock band.
  • Options
    Well, they've only had one album come out since Black Holes....
  • Options
    Currently the best live band in the world (just my opinion ). Seen them 5 times. Cannot speak highly enough of them as a live act
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Well, they've only had one album come out since Black Holes....

You are right except for the fact they did that awful song for the olympics
  • Options
    arent they releasing a "dub step" album that is apparently really, really pants?
  • Options

arent they releasing a "dub step" album that is apparently really, really pants?

No. There's one track which is half dubstep influenced, and NME readers have got their knickers in a twist over it.

• Options
    thanks for the feedback fellas, i'm gonna check out the itunes and give a listen to the albums that most of you agreed on.
  • Options
    Absolution is an amazing album one of my all-time favourites. Stuff since Black Holes isn't all that in my opinion and i'm not a great lover of their new single..
  • Options
    Apparently they're one of the best live bands ever.
  • Options
    They are one of the best live bands ever.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Last year at Reading was amazing!
  • Options
    Seen them loads of times great band live!!
  • Options
    Seeing them at the O2 in October. What age range do you get at their gigs? Me, my bro, Mum and Dad are all going. Parents are mid 50's but very young at heart. They are worried they may be a tad out of place. Opinions anyone?!?
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Well I'm 50 and have seen Kasabian, Killers, Arctic Monkeys. Pete Doherty, Blur etc in the last 12 months. Yes I feel older than most, but so what. If you ever speak to anyone, they all say well done & hope they're still going to gigs when they're 50.
  • Options
    Cheers Covered. Yeah they've seen Kasabian too but thought this might be slightly 'worse'. I'm sure they'll love it.
  • Options
    Being older now and living out of the country, Muse had just passed me by (come to think of it, I do remember them winning the Brit Awards a couple of years back). When I watched the Olympic closing ceremony I just didn't hear who they were but I thought, wow, who are they?! Their slot was the easy highlight for me and I kept re-playing it. So, yes, I would say they are a superb live band. Don't know about their albums though.
  • Options
    Plug In Baby = Great track.

Everything else they've done = Utter gash.

The Olympics track = Self indulgent crap.

Just saying.
  • Options
    Cave is a great song. Showbiz is a great album. Saw them live in 2001 and they were great. not liked any thing they've done since so not bought anything or seen them.

not the best band I've seen live though.
  • Options
    I tend towards P_Air's opinion on Muse.
  • Options
    Salad said:

I tend towards P_Air's opinion on Muse.

Ditto.