Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tennis - US Open

Comments

• Options
    what was that about djokovic winning a bonus challenge and getting $500,000 extra? I imagine that cheered him up somewhat - if not, i know a loving home he can send it to :)
  • Options
    Fantastic! Woke up with a start. Felt the need to check the score. Wow! What an amazing summer its been!!!
  • Options
    Congrats Mr Murray, well done.
  • Options
    Hopefully the BBC can now stop hanging around Dunblane Tennis Club like an expetent pedo
  • Options

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!! He's done it. It only took 76 years.

that is one hell of a five-setter.

• Options
    edited September 2012
    Absolutely delighted for him!

He has proved himself as a consumate, hardworking, dedicated professional and fully deserves the mantle of Britain's first male Grand Slam winner in 76 years. It's my belief that he is capable of winning the Australian and Wimbledon tournaments too in the future having now broken the psychological barrier of losing in finals.

I freely admit to previously disliking him for surliness, bordering on ill manners particularly in comparison to the personable Tim Henman whom preceded him as longterm British number one.

As a British player I always supported him though and have gradually warmed to him over time to the extent that I was genuinely really pleased to see that he had won it having gone to bed at 2 sets all convinced that he would blow it yet again!

Sports Personality of the year is an impossible task this year. I can think of 5 or 6 all of whom have genuine claims to win it. On a purely personal level I think Murray narrowly gets my vote though.
  • Options
    Tough match but came through it like a champion.
  • Options

Hopefully the BBC can now stop hanging around Dunblane Tennis Club like an expetent pedo

I realise say this as someone who has more than once been on the wrong end of a verbal pasting for overstepping the mark - but that is an absolutely incredibly tasteless thing to say. Have a bit of decorum ffs.
  • Options
    I am another who normally just watches Wimbledon but I lasted the course last night and glad that Andy did not disappoint.

He is the first male British tennis player within my life time who I thought was capable of winning a grand slam.Personable he may have been but I always felt that Henman didn't quite cut it enough to win one of the big tournaments .

On top of his Gold and Silver I agree that he edges Sports personality of the year for me as well.

I now look forward to watching Laura Robson emerge to carry the mantle of Virginia Wade .
  • Options
    I made it through my day, very tired but still totally worth it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm gutted I couldn't stay awake to watch history being made, I only made it up to the end of the 3rd set my missus made it till the end, set the recorder up to record the bit I missed ... And it failed! Do you think they'll release a DVD of it?
  • Options
    if you have a Sky Go account there are highlights at skysports.com
  • Options
    A terrific final. I don't know how the top players do it so consistently; skillwise, the most difficult and arduous of games
  • Options
    Luckily the only bit I fell asleep during was the entire 3rd set and woke up just before the end of the 4th set so it was all good for me. Great win for Murray, couldn't find his watch though so I guess its swings and roundabouts.
  • Options

if you have a Sky Go account there are highlights at skysports.com

Cheers Randy!
  • Options
    Murray (gbr) vs Wawrinka (sui) tommorow ... really looking forward to this quaterfinal match
  • Options
    addick16 said:

Murray (gbr) vs Wawrinka (sui) tommorow ... really looking forward to this quaterfinal match

Does anyone know what time it's on , on Thursday?

• Options
    6.30 ish
  • Options
    DAYUM! Murray just got stomped.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    nadal fit is the player to beat
  • Options
    nolly said:

Agreed. I've never warmed to the arse picker but if he stays fit he'll dominate now Feds has gone. Djock and Murray both brilliant players but Nudger is on a different level to all but a handful of every player ever to play the game.
  • Options

nolly said:

Agreed. I've never warmed to the arse picker but if he stays fit he'll dominate now Feds has gone. Djock and Murray both brilliant players but Nudger is on a different level to all but a handful of every player ever to play the game.
    Hmmm still think Djocko can wipe the floor with anyone on his day, the man is an absolute machine
  • Options
    Bloody Jock ;-)
  • Options
    Been commented on before, but he has to improve his second serve. Powder puff stuff at the top level really.
  • Options
    Strange match from Murray, can't remember him playing that badly for a long time. Admittedly Wawrinka played really well but Murray looked way out of sorts.
  • Options

Strange match from Murray, can't remember him playing that badly for a long time. Admittedly Wawrinka played really well but Murray looked way out of sorts.

Yep I agree, so many simple shots missed he was subdued and almost resigned to losing when I turned it on at 3-2 on serve in the 2nd
  • Options
    It really was a most un_murray like performance. Didn't show any of his normal characteristics: couldn't believe what I was watching.
  • Options
    Murray said he couldn't motivate himself sufficiently, after having won Wimbledon.
  • Options
    Wawrinka now a set and a break up on Djokovic in the semi.