Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tennis - US Open

Comments

• Options
    He will probably lose to Ferrer in the final. LOL
  • Options
    nolly said:

Exiled the next season is intresting as Nadal is fighting injury and federer is getting on. Novak looks a force but Murray bar maybe the French could push on

Make you right there nolly. He's had to be patient and keep working hard but it just feels like his time is coming. If he can just get that first Slam I think he can win more and next season looks more open for him that it has for a long while. He needs that big career win to give him that belief because I think that's the last piece of the jig-saw for him. I think his strong start to the Wimbledon Final and then winning the Gold Medal in a 5 setter vs Feds has helped him here though - he looks a much calmer presence on court. Doubtless the ice cool Lendl has worked hard on this too.

If he can get his ranking up to 2nd that would be a big help too when it comes to which half of the Grand Slam draws he ends up in.
  • Options
    Fuck me ferrer ahead
  • Options
    Novak 5-1 down in the first set here. He's started very slowly and looks like he's going to have to play at least as long as Murray just has.
  • Options
    Whatever people say, Murray turned a corner with that Olympic title.
    Novak and Fed wanted that gold medal and Murray beat them both.
    In fact he pasted Fed on the day.
    Doesn't mean he'll win the US but he'll have greater belief and confidence than ever before.
    Hope he does it.
  • Options
    I think Lendl'a made a huge difference, I used to wonder how important coaches were in top class tennis, I think Lendl's shown me !
  • Options
    Play suspended , tornado coming!
  • Options
    Play suspended with Ferrer about to serve for the set! It's a fix I tell-ya!

Why didn't they play the matches simultaneously?
  • Options
    Mens final now to be played on Monday.

Good news for Murray I guess, although Novak looked in all sorts of trouble.
  • Options
    What bad luck !
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ferrer looked gutted
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Loved the picture at the end of Murray with James Bond and Alex Ferguson...

Studio being evacuated now due to the tornado!
  • Options
    Real shame they couldn't let Ferrer play his service game and seal the first set. You wouldn't rule out Djokovic coming out tomorrow and turning it around to win the first set.
  • Options
    He looked troubled by the wind more than the others, and he was playing on it, knowing that it was a leveller.Maybe thats why Murray won v Berdych,because the wind made it more of a leveller ??

( just a joke lads,just a joke !)
  • Options
    The way Djokovic is playing today, it wil be tough for Murray.
  • Options
    Djokovic is class, but so is Muzza.
  • Options
    was hoping for novak to have harder game
  • Options
    Murray is as good as he's ever been right now and Novak looks close to his very best too. Should be a cracking final.
  • Options
    anyone know what time it starts?
  • Options
    looks like 9pm but best check
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Serena beat azarenka from bbc :

Serena Williams showed incredible resolve to outlast Victoria Azarenka and secure her fourth US Open title.
    The 30-year-old lifted her 15th Grand Slam singles crown - and fourth in New York - with a 6-2 2-6 7-5 win in 138 minutes on Arthur Ashe Stadium.
    World number one Azarenka served for the match, but Williams broke in a run of four ruthless games to triumph.
    She became the first player aged over 30 to win the US Open women's singles since Martina Navratilova in 1987.
    "I honestly can't believe I won," said the American. "I was preparing my runner-up speech because she was playing so great."
    Azarenka wept into a towel at the end as her dream of becoming the first Belarusian to win the US Open ended in agonising fashion.
    "It's tough but Serena deserves to win," said the 23-year-old. "She showed what a true champion she is.
    "I'm honoured to stand with such a true champion here. I definitely gave it my all today, stepping out of this court I have no regrets."
    It was a dramatic end to an captivating encounter that suggests Williams remains the leading player in women's tennis and further cements her place among the legends of the sport.
    The win comes 13 years after her first US Open title in 1999 - the biggest span of success by a female singles player in the Open era.
    She is the fifth woman in the Open era to triumph four times in New York and now has a 15-4 win-loss record from her 19 major finals.
    The result looked a formality as Williams blasted her way through the 34-minute first set with two breaks of serve.
    An inch-perfect lob in game two drew applause from Azarenka, while a series of brutal winners in game eight epitomised her dominance.
    Having come from a set down to beat Maria Sharapova in the semi-finals, Azarenka knew she was capable of mounting a fightback.
    Hope arrived with a Williams double-fault early in set two, and the American was further distracted by a foot fault in game three.
    Azarenka had captured the momentum and she struck again for a 4-1 lead before comfortably levelling the contest.
    It was the first US Open women's final to go the distance since 1995 and breaks were exchanged in a nervy start to the decider.
    Azarenka made what seemed a decisive move when she punished an error-strewn Williams in game seven and held for 5-3.
    The crowd noise rose to deafening levels and it had contrasting effects - Williams growing in belief, Azarenka wilting.
    Williams produced a crunching forehand winner to put the set back on serve, levelled and then broke again when Azarenka netted.
    A flurry of ferocious serves moved the home favourite to within a game of glory, and she was able to celebrate when Azarenka fired long.
  • Options
    Azarenka choked, was serving for the match and blew it completely
  • Options
    Mike said:

Azarenka choked, was serving for the match and blew it completely

Here's hoping Murray does the business tonight, i'm going for a 3 sets to 2 win for Murray.
  • Options
    Murray up now!
  • Options
    Final has started, its so empty. Murray 40-0 up in the first game, about to break.

Stream: http://www.thefirstrow.eu/watch/139989/1/watch-djokovic-vs-murray,-arthur-ashe-stadium.html
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    He's Broken him!!!!!!! What a start!!!!!

COME ON ANDY!!!!!!!

And Novak has broken him straight back........... : (
  • Options
    Another three break points for Murray. Strange match of tennis so far.
  • Options
    come on murray
  • Options
    Think he is going to win.
  • Options
    A 54 shots rally, ridiculous but great defending by Novak.