Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tennis - US Open

Comments

• Options
    Berdych has done well to make a game of this again - he looked dead and buried at the end of the 3rd set. Got to serve to stay in the match now - a real test of nerve with the swirling wind.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Berdych. A one-off doesn't make his record against him 'very poor'.

Ah, but your forgetting SA Addick perceives things others don't
    Oi. you're not allowed to gang up on me !!

• Options

Does it make it 'very good'.?

No. Your point being?

• Options

Does it make it 'very good'.?

No. Your point being?

I've already made my point NLN, keep up !

• Options
    Why does he always make it so tough?
  • Options
    Have to agree to disagree then!

P.S. You're wrong.
  • Options
    Just flicked over to watch this on Sky. The angle of the camera is doing my head in though.
  • Options
    Match point on his serve.

C'mon Andy!
  • Options
    So now he has won, where would you rank him in the world SA?
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    WHOOP! He's done it!

The kid clearly has plenty of big game bottle cos he could easily have crumbled in that tie-break.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ok, he;s now got a reasonable record in slams v Berdych !!!
    Well done Andy, lets do it tomorrow night and see if he can be the best player in the world at the moment. Cmon.
  • Options
    Good to see Andy keeping his cool under such difficult conditions.

Well done, young man!

Now for your first GS title !
  • Options
    Well done Andy!

Big win that.
  • Options
    Really hope he does it hope the other semi is a long one . He knows what he has to do he can't keep losing on finals
  • Options
    Get in!
  • Options
    Ferrer is a dogged fighter - lets hope its a long,long one - hey, lets even hope that Ferrer wins. I think Andy's Slam record v Ferrer is V good !!
  • Options
    nolly said:

Really hope he does it hope the other semi is a long one . He knows what he has to do he can't keep losing on finals

he won the last big final he played

• Options

nolly said:

he won the last big final he played

Which one?

• Options
    It's not a grand slam I think all tennis players strive for one of those .
  • Options
    Ah, you mean the Olympics - we've generally been talking about Slams.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Get in the Murray , hope he can win tomorrow?
  • Options
    Dont believe tennis should be in the Olympics , but thats another argument.
  • Options
    Well done Andy. Put the disappointment of the Moldova result behind him and got on with bidness.
  • Options
    Winning a gold in the Olympics is amazing but the slams are what they play for . I think this is his best chance his at his best now
  • Options
    nolly said:

It's not a grand slam I think all tennis players strive for one of those .

Do they really?

You said he couldn't keep losing in finals, I pointed out he'd won the last big final he played.

• Options

Dont believe tennis should be in the Olympics , but thats another argument.

Well you might not, but the players seem to love it. All the (fit) big players were there and Feds desperately wanted to win but Andy beat 'The Best Ever' fair and square.

Even if Murray never wins a Slam, he's a sportsman we can be proud of - he's talented, dedicated and professional. I don;t think anyone can question his drive and determination. Henman (who I was a fan of) definitely bottled chances in big tournaments against players he should beat, Murray pretty much only loses to the big 3 these day, in Slams, and there is zero shame in that.

• Options
    Oh turn it in will you were talking about tennis you complete bore
  • Options
    Next Olympics will be counted as an additional grand slam, so obviously the tennis players and governing body think the Olympics are as worthy as the slams
  • Options
    Exiled the next season is intresting as Nadal is fighting injury and federer is getting on. Novak looks a force but Murray bar maybe the French could push on
  • Options
    Didn't know that, randy . Thanks.