Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tennis - US Open

Comments

• Options

Rubbish. Football teams have bogey teams, for example, that doesn't mean that team is better as a whole.

And your point is....

• Options
    Murray is better than Berdych.
  • Options
    Back to a set all. The wind is making this a bit of a lottery - it's just thrown all the garden furniture onto the court and Murray probably would have won the first set if his hat hadn't blown off and allowed Berdych the chance to replay what would have been a lost point and break back.

Overall the wind is helping Murray though as Berdych can't hit it as hard as he usually would whereas Murray has the hands to compensate for the wind.
  • Options
    nadal owns federer for example
  • Options
    They've just shown a couple of graphics on the US coverage of Berdych's ball tosses - some of them are getting blown 3 to 4 feet backwards by the wind. They'd almost be better off serving underarm.
  • Options

charltonJ said:

If he cant , then he's looking to becoming World no 5 after this match.

Don't think that's right
    Maybe not in stats - but in everyones perception. If he cant beat Berdych, then that just adds another name to the list of Nadal,Federer,Djokovic that he cant beat in Grand Slams.

No
  • Options

Maybe... in the Cape Town Challenge, or the Mumbai Masters, or all the other second rate tournaments they play during the season however, he quite obviously has a big problem in the tournaments that matter.
    Dont get me wrong. i am cheering him on like anyone else, but he quite obviously has big tourno blues.
  • Options

Maybe... in the Cape Town Challenge, or the Mumbai Masters, or all the other second rate tournaments they play during the season however, he quite obviously has a big problem in the tournaments that matter.
    Dont get me wrong. i am cheering him on like anyone else, but he quite obviously has big tourno blues.
    I know, it's shocking only reaching 8 consecutive Grand Slam Quarter Finals and winning just one Olympic Gold Medal. He should hang his head in shame. Total let down and a disgrace to the Country's proud Tennis past.
  • Options

Utter garbage.

Anyway, have a look at the score now. Murray is ripping him a new one.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Whereas Berdych is really cleaning up those Grand Slams?
  • Options
    Hope he does this and rain delays other game less rest for winner . I think this is his biggest chance yet
  • Options
    Djokovic is playing well though.
  • Options

charltonJ said:

Don't think that's right
    Maybe not in stats - but in everyones perception. If he cant beat Berdych, then that just adds another name to the list of Nadal,Federer,Djokovic that he cant beat in Grand Slams.

What ? So by your expert analysis Berdych is better than Fed just because he beat him in a slam ? What utter nonsense, I highly doubt anyone who has a clue about tennis perceives Murray as being the fith best player in the world.

Murray has done well to keep his head on the game rather than get distracted by the conditions which seems to have happened to Berdych. Saying that some of Murrays return play has been exceptional. Forget about 5th, I think Murray is the best player in the world right now and he's going to win this slam.
  • Options
    nolly said:

Hope he does this and rain delays other game less rest for winner . I think this is his biggest chance yet

Agreed, he's got a big chance here. It's on his best surface and he'll only have to play 1 of the big 3 (assuming Djokovic gets through). Novak did look imperious the other night against Del Potro though - the big Argie played really well but there was just no way through. He was sending down bomb after bomb and Novak just kept getting back and he wasn't only getting his raquet on seemingly un-returnable balls he was sending them back with interest.

That's why Murray hasn't won a Slam yet - because Raffer, Feds and Novak are all bloody incredible. He's getting closer and closer each time though. That's what I like most about Murray, you can see constant improvements in his game and he clearly works incredibly hard between matches. He used to be a bit unfit - now he's a machine. He used to have weak serve - now it's a weapon. He used to drop out in the Qtrs or Semis - now he makes finals. He uses to lose finals in straight sets - last time out he was on top until the rain break. I'm confident he'll win soon, I would love it to be this weekend as it would top off a great sporting year for us Brits.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    se9addick said:

charltonJ said:

Don't think that's right

What ? So by your expert analysis Berdych is better than Fed just because he beat him in a slam ? What utter nonsense, I highly doubt anyone who has a clue about tennis perceives Murray as being the fith best player in the world.

Murray has done well to keep his head on the game rather than get distracted by the conditions which seems to have happened to Berdych. Saying that some of Murrays return play has been exceptional. Forget about 5th, I think Murray is the best player in the world right now and he's going to win this slam.
    You cant seriously tell me that you believe Murray is the 'best player in the world right now' ! ?
  • Options
    Right now, on current form, yes I do.

Either way I think he's closer to best than 5th!!
  • Options
    He's cruising now.
  • Options
    Nadal is crocked, Federer is near the end of his career. 'Right now' it's probably between him and Djokovic. I think Djokovic has dropped off a bit from his form of last year but seems to be back to his best in this tournament.
  • Options
    As exiled says, he's been unfortunate in that there have been 3 other incredible players around, and that in any other era, he would have been a champion.However, his record in Slams is close to Abysmal against those 3. I was just trying to emphasise that his Slam record against Berdych was also v poor. Its all very well getting to all these semi's and finals' (which is totally admirable), but , so far, he has lacked that something to take him over the line...continually.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oh don't get me wrong Djok, Nadal and Fed are still fantastic (never write Fed off!) I just think Murrays the best right now, as others have said this is possibly the best shot he'll get to win a slam so he needs to prove he's the best in the final.
  • Options
    one thing about ferrer he fights for everything,he will make even a 3 set loss to novak long
  • Options
    How is his Grand Slam record against Berdych very poor? They've only met once before!
  • Options
    hope i have not put mockers on this,broke back
  • Options

How is his Grand Slam record against Berdych very poor? They've only met once before!

Who won?

• Options
    I seriously can't believe that someone actually believes Murray would be 5th best in the world if he was to go out the semi final of the US open shortly after winning the Olympics and finishing runner up in Wimbledon. Murray is clearly in the top 4 and I believe there's a big gap between those 4 and the best of the rest no matter what happens in this Match.
  • Options

I seriously can't believe that someone actually believes Murray would be 5th best in the world if he was to go out the semi final of the US open shortly after winning the Olympics and finishing runner up in Wimbledon. Murray is clearly in the top 4 and I believe there's a big gap between those 4 and the best of the rest no matter what happens in this Match.

Perception, CJ, perception.

• Options
    Berdych. A one-off doesn't make his record against him 'very poor'.
  • Options

Ah, but your forgetting SA Addick perceives things others don't
  • Options
    edited September 2012

Does it make it 'very good'.?