Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tennis - US Open

Comments

• Options
    RobbieT said:

Andy Roddick is through in his last ever tournament. Be great to see him get to the final.

would it? I think he's an arrogant tit.
  • Options
    Laura Robson has improved a heck of a lot since Wimbledon and the Olympics imo , didn't realise she is now borrowing Andy Murray's fitness coach to help her out, she will get better and better with age i think.

Andy Murray's up next tonight i believe.
  • Options
    Womens tennis is such a joke, fitness levels are on the whole so poor in relation to the men's game.

They should be made to play 5 sets same as the men's
  • Options
    Don't think any of the men are as fit as Anna Ivanovic!
  • Options
    edited September 2012

Laura Robson has improved a heck of a lot since Wimbledon and the Olympics imo , didn't realise she is now borrowing Andy Murray's fitness coach to help her out, she will get better and better with age i think.

Andy Murray's up next tonight i believe.

Isn't the fitness coach a Charlton supporter ?

• Options
    Yes i believe so.
  • Options
    Murray on SS now.
  • Options
    brilliant comeback!
  • Options
    Great recovery from Murray. Feds currently two love and a break in the third set down to Berdych.

Even if Feds comes through this it'll be in 5 sets. Looks like Murray might finally be starting to get a bit of luck. Really hope he can take advantage and finally win that elusive Slam.
  • Options
    Murray will win his semi, but Djokovic looks in imperious form......
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Said before this is his biggest chance yet
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Berdych is a bit of a beast, especially from the baseline - I wouldn't write him off too easily. AM will definitely know he's been in a match. On the other hand Murray is the best returner of serve around, so if anyone can bat those high speed serves and baseline shots back at Berdych it's him.
  • Options
    He was sevens to beat fed alone . Very good player . They both have advantage of more rest than the others who are at quarters
  • Options
    I just sense that Murray has "grown a pair" of late and hope that i'm right!
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    It's Berdych's best run at a Grand Slam since he was runner up at Wimbledon 3 or 4 years ago, I believe. He's a very solid player but I think his ranking is built largely on consistency more than brilliance.

Murray should beat him but it's far from a foregone conclusion and Murray will certainly be made to work for it. Murray does seem to believe in himself more these days though, I think Lendle has been a big help here as was Wimbledon/The Olympics - i.e. finally really producing his very best tennis with all that expectation right in his face.

He's definitely closed the gap to the big three and is, imho, pretty much their equal now in terms of talent and he's developing that mental fortitude and more positive attitude now. This US Open looks a big big chance for him, but I think he'll win a Slam in the next 18 months, even if he doesn't manage it this week.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

I just sense that Murray has "grown a pair" of late and hope that i'm right!

I kinda see what you mean but I think it's more that he used to believe that just his defensive play (which is excellent) was enough to get him to a grand slam title. Lendl seems to have got the message to him that he needs a few more weapons - his forehand in particular seems much stronger now and he's prepared to come to the net a bit more. Add those to character traits of keeping his temperament more in control and always retaining belief during the match make him a genuine contender.

But Berdych on his day is capable of beating any one of the top 4 - if he's at his best then Murray will need his A game as they say.

• Options
    good luck to murray, the lad's done good being that he is the greatest hardcourt returner ever and all that.

• Options
    I reckon Mr Murray should fly me over to America for this one , i saw Berdych lose at Wimbledon & the Olympics this year , he'd poop his pants if he saw me in the crowd!
  • Options

I reckon Mr Murray should fly me over to America for this one , i saw Berdych lose at Wimbledon & the Olympics this year , he'd poop his pants if he saw me in the crowd!

LOL

• Options

Having a whip round for your fare as we speak, MIA ...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Haha , i meant Andy , not Richard of course!
  • Options
    Chucking it down, tornado warnings too!
  • Options
    Cant believe how empty the court is - about 90 per cent empty. They'd be queuing around the corner at Wimbledon for a semi-final !
  • Options
    Can Murray do it?
  • Options
    If he cant , then he's looking to becoming World no 5 after this match.
  • Options
    Break up.
  • Options
    Back on serve.
  • Options

Don't think that's right
  • Options
    charltonJ said:

Don't think that's right
    Maybe not in stats - but in everyones perception. If he cant beat Berdych, then that just adds another name to the list of Nadal,Federer,Djokovic that he cant beat in Grand Slams.

• Options
    Rubbish. Football teams have bogey teams, for example, that doesn't mean that team is better as a whole.