Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Nottingham Forest vs Charlton - Saturday 1st September - Preview, Predictions, Teams, News & Views

Comments

• edited August 2012
    tough match again...........arn't they all though!!! Fancy 1-1 and a really tight match......but think we can nick the point.
  • Al Jezera Sport 3 are showing the match! There should be a stream for it somewhere, I'll stick it up on Saturday when I find it.
  • 2-1 to Forest. Andy Reid to cause us problems.
  • EastStand said:

Al Jezera Sport 3 are showing the match! There should be a stream for it somewhere, I'll stick it up on Saturday when I find it.

that is awesome is that a definite mate.
  • edited August 2012
    Golfie jnr is going to his first away game this season; having missed Brum due to his hols - he is predicting a 1-0 win to Forest

I, on the other hand, predict a 2-1 win.............to us !!!
  • Another draw. 0-0.
  • I'd like Cook to get 30 minutes to get at Halford who I think is a weak link.
  • Forest were on the box twice last week. Orthodox 4-4-2, lively in attack (Cox), and Reid still has a nice left foot to go with the spare tyre around his waist. In both matches they were poor in defence both collectively and individually. The Centre Backs were wide open (Collins/Halford & Collins/Ayala); both full backs struggled against passes in behind; Harding the left back can't defend 1v1; marking was poor on crosses; and Reid struggles when forced to track-back allowing the LB area to be over-loaded 2v1. If we get our FBs forward and get in crosses, as we did at Birmingham, we'll cause all manner of problems.

Lansbury will add more quality to their midfield, but Forest are clearly a team in transition and we are playing them at the right time. At least a point, all three if we play as well as we did at St Andrews.
  • I'd like Cook to get 30 minutes to get at Halford who I think is a weak link.

He seems to be playing centre half for forest.
  • Sponsored links:

• Hope for a 2-1 win to us.
  • cambi22 said:

EastStand said:

Al Jezera Sport 3 are showing the match! There should be a stream for it somewhere, I'll stick it up on Saturday when I find it.

that is awesome is that a definite mate.
    cambi22 said:
    Yep, they are showing it. Not a 100% cert there will be a stream, but the chances have gone up dramatically.
    If I find one I'll post it.
  • I'll be there with my forest supporting brother so sitting in the home stands! :/ I'm not that confident for this one but with Halford playing centre-back i could see BWP and Yann causing him a lot of problems. Having siad that i'm going for 2-2 with a late equalizer from Stephens ;-)
  • Tutt-Tutt said:

Forest were on the box twice last week. Orthodox 4-4-2, lively in attack (Cox), and Reid still has a nice left foot to go with the spare tyre around his waist. In both matches they were poor in defence both collectively and individually. The Centre Backs were wide open (Collins/Halford & Collins/Ayala); both full backs struggled against passes in behind; Harding the left back can't defend 1v1; marking was poor on crosses; and Reid struggles when forced to track-back allowing the LB area to be over-loaded 2v1. If we get our FBs forward and get in crosses, as we did at Birmingham, we'll cause all manner of problems.

Lansbury will add more quality to their midfield, but Forest are clearly a team in transition and we are playing them at the right time. At least a point, all three if we play as well as we did at St Andrews.

Agreed. Thought the same, but couldn't be bothered to post in detail.
  • Brum performance will mean three points. I think we will do it, makes the journey home so much sweeter.
  • In theory a very tough game but I suspect we will frustrate them and hopefully get a 2nd half winner from BWP
  • cambi22 said:
    Just think we could have a live stream thread to go with RM's fantastic commentary.

As for the match I've got a feeling we're going to sneak a 1-0 win with a Stephens rocket shot (prediction of goalscorer is subject to change in the next 24 hours).
  • green 4 stephens, pritchard moved inside, 2-1 forest
  • 1-2
    Cox, BWP Kermorgant

Wiggins (MOM)
  • Theyre weak at the back and for that ill think we will hurt them. On the other hand were immense in defence and can see us keeping a clean sheet.

Expect them to dominate the midfield but us to win 1 0
  • Sponsored links:

• Whoever scores first wins. I think we could frustrate them by staying tight and organized. Their creatives could find it difficult to break us down, get frustrated and we could win it in the second half.

If they score first and are winning at HT we'll find it a lot harder. They have the players to pick us off if we start chasing the game.
  • A 1-0 smash and grab to the addicks. Solly with the winner in the 89th min.
  • EastStand said:

Excellent news for me as I get this channel on my TV at home. Believe it or not I have a total of 53 different sports channels to choose from! Yes, half of them are in Arabic, but even so....
    Sadly I fully expect us to lose our first league game of the season at the City Ground. Could be 2-0 or even 3-0.
  • Excellent
  • DOWN THE OLD VALLEY!
  • 1-0 Charlton.
    A goal by a Stephen. Quinn that is, not Dale.
  • Charlton the draw specilists (3 from 4 so far) share 4 goals with the tricky trees.

Jackson 4
    Wilson 3
    Quinn 8 on the player ratings
  • Midfield will have to be sharper than it was v Hull if they are to stop Andy Reid running the game.

Expect Powell to go tight with no width again, but I'm confident Jacko and company (with or without Stephens) will move up a gear from last week's disappointing sluggishness and an improved midfield will be enough to ensure a 1-1 draw.

To get anything more than a point, the full-backs (who haven't quite hit last year's form yet) will also need to contribute more in terms of overlapping runs in order to compensate for the lack of width.
  • A lot of streams state they are showing games but dont actually show them.
  • Forest look to have some decent weapons going forward at this level (Reid, Cox) but vulnerable at the back so reckon a 2-2 is on the cards