Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Nottingham Forest vs Charlton - Saturday 1st September - Preview, Predictions, Teams, News & Views

Comments

• Think I'll wait until I know if we have the same team as Hull before predicting anything
  • tough one to call ... going for 1-1
  • COME ON YOU HADDOCK AND CHIP LOVERS!!!

they do a lovely bit of chips and crackling up robins place which i know the lads love, so i got nothing but good vibes about this, a team with a belly full of the golden crunch on an away day can only be good news!

2-1 haddocks.
  • edited August 2012
    The earlyweek mauling from Wigan might have blown the Forest confidence or stiffened their resolve. I was suprised at how bad their defence played, especially Ayala.
    A hard one to predict. I'll be there and would love to see a 4-0 Addicks win .. more realistically though ..... Nottingham Forest 1 v CAFC 1
  • EastStand said:

Al Jezera Sport 3 are showing the match! There should be a stream for it somewhere, I'll stick it up on Saturday when I find it.

Excellent news for me as I get this channel on my TV at home. Believe it or not I have a total of 53 different sports channels to choose from! Yes, half of them are in Arabic, but even so....
    Sadly I fully expect us to lose our first league game of the season at the City Ground. Could be 2-0 or even 3-0.
    This channel isn't "free to air", right?
  • EastStand said:

Al Jezera Sport 3 are showing the match! There should be a stream for it somewhere, I'll stick it up on Saturday when I find it.

Excellent news for me as I get this channel on my TV at home. Believe it or not I have a total of 53 different sports channels to choose from! Yes, half of them are in Arabic, but even so....
    Sadly I fully expect us to lose our first league game of the season at the City Ground. Could be 2-0 or even 3-0.
    This channel isn't "free to air", right?
    No, you have to pay for Al Jazeera Sports as part of your monthly cable subscription. There are no free to air channels in Dubai; you need cable.
  • Valley11 said:

1-0 Charlton.
    A goal by a Stephen. Quinn that is, not Dale.

Er...That's very unlikely to happen now that he's gone to 'ull City

• anyone found any potential streams for tomorrow? is it ok to post them here?
  • JT said:

A lot of streams state they are showing games but dont actually show them.

If it's being shown on Tv there will be a stream. FACT.

2-1 to Addicks!
  • 1-0 forest and my worst case scenario bet will come in this weekend at 11/1

wins for forest, millwall and palace.
  • Sponsored links:

• Maybe we need a seperate stream thread tomorrow - first one to find it posts it on there and earns our gratitude.
  • Think we can get a 1-1 draw, would be more than happy with that
  • edited August 2012
    Just reported on local BBC TV news up here that Forest trying to buy two new players before deadline, one of them is Billy Sharp the other is from Donny Rovers but missed the name.....sorry
  • Coventry have signed David McGoldrick from Nottingham Forest on loan until 2 January.
  • A difficult one to call, as I haven't seen Forest and they are a team in transition. I'm expecting a tough game and would be very happy with a point.

Looking forward to seeing Andy Reid again. He is a very fine footballer may well prove to be the master of the midfield, although there has always been a question mark about his stamina and physical ability. If there wasn't, he'd be plying his trade in the Premiership.
  • Chances of Dale playing tomorrow? Any?
  • Just reported on local BBC TV news up here that Forest trying to buy two new players before deadline, one of them is Billy Sharp the other is from Donny Rovers but missed the name.....sorry

James Coppinger, Donny midfielder.
  • going by tweets I think Smith has gone with the squad so can't see Fuller or Haynes playing a part like it suggested on the o/s
  • Sponsored links:

• Is Waggy fit now? He'll replace Stephens in the matchday 18
  • Right now i would rip your arm off for a draw

Think this will be a huge test for us but i saw some areas where we can exploit them in the wide postitions against wigan

Hopefully pritch in the middle to cover for dale will allow cook to play

Can see chris going 5 in midfield tomorrow

We will either lose by 2 goals or win by 2

3 ~1 forest is my gut feeling
  • First defeat of the season 0-1.

Bet 365 has a stream for those with an account. Live on TV in Thailand for the very few people lucky enough to have GMM Sport One, (not me, long story).
  • First defeat of the season 0-1.

Bet 365 has a stream for those with an account. Live on TV in Thailand for the very few people lucky enough to have GMM Sport One, (not me, long story).

Don't think the bet365 stream will work
    in theUK ? Either way I'll be at the city ground and thanks to deciding a couple of months ago that future me wouldn't mind getting the coach from Victoria I have to leave in half an hour !
  • Up nice and early come on boys do us proud again
  • So did Stephens take a taxi to Nottingham last night - or is he going to spend the afternoon watching Sky Sports and cancelling all the bling he bought on-line yesterday in anticipation of premiership wages?
  • Even if he made it I don't think Powell will play him he probs changed tactics after Stephens stayed behind
  • First defeat of the season. 0-2.

I'm with @Clem_snide on this one, sorry

• Strong Forest side slightly disrupted by influx of new players not yet gelled together. Tough Charlton buoyed by their squad remaining intact through the transfer window and determined to show they won't roll over to the bigger spending clubs. 1-1, good addicks performance.
  • 2-1 Charlton. Stephens and Jacko with the goals