Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cristiano Ronaldo

Apparently making noises in Spain that he's not happy. Real Madrid must be prepared to let him go as they have made public the buyout clause in his contract. They say he can leave Madrid if anyone is prepared to pay.......wait for it......€1Billion!

Comments

• Options
    step up tj
  • Options
    If we all donate a bit we might make it... in the end
  • Options
    Got me hand down the back of the settee now!
  • Options
    only £1billion???
    Leave off, thats kebab money.
  • Options
    Thing is, if he's unhappy, where the f*ck does he think he'll go?
  • Options
    The only place he can get more dough tham Madrid would be in China or with one of the Russian teams owned by the Oligarchs.

Unless Man City decide they want to really put one over on United or Roman Abrahmovich decides he wants a slice.
  • Options
    Let me the first to admit that I've always been happy to be cynical wherever Ronaldo is concerned. However, if the guy is genuinely depressed (like some reports suggest), I genuinely feel for the guy. Makes me laugh when people say "but he's got this, that and the other, how can he be depressed?"

Irrelevant.

• Options
    He said it had nothing to do with personal life though. So he just wants more money.
  • Options
    The problem is apparently a "professional" one. According to SSN two new signings are on more money than him. So unless Mourinho gets the tin-tack in the next few days, expect greedy bo**ocks to be offered a contract extension in the next few days.
  • Options
    Little prick.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Rumour is that Irish giants Riverdance FC are poised to make a bid. Chairman Michael Flatley says he's the missing peice in his team......................................
  • Options
    Shame he's missed the Olympics he could have joined the Portuguese diving team.
  • Options
    Guillem Balague was saying how he's 'upset' because he isn't the the top earner in the world. What an absolute plum.
  • Options
    to be fair, if i was the best footballer in the world, i would probably want to win the Prem, La Liga, Serie A and maybe a couple of others to experience life in different countries and win all there is to win. Not sure if that is Ronaldo's motivating factor though - prob just a pay rise as said above.
  • Options

The problem is apparently a "professional" one. According to SSN two new signings are on more money than him. So unless Mourinho gets the tin-tack in the next few days, expect greedy bo**ocks to be offered a contract extension in the next few days.

Who's on more cash than Ronaldo at Real? Find that amazing!
  • Options
    Probably Modric and someone like Casillas
  • Options
    It makes me laugh when you hear footballers who are on thousands and sometimes hundreds of thousands of pounds every week complain that they want more money. I mean, what can you not buy when you 'earn' 100k a week to warrant a pay rise?
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    a boeing 747
  • Options
    Spanish tax is set to change soon, and Ronaldo will go from paying 23% tax to 52%.

• Options

Spanish tax is set to change soon, and Ronaldo will go from paying 23% tax to 52%.

Hearing that has just put a huge smile on my face.

I personally find it hugely insulting that a country that is on the verge of bankruptcy and is continually going cap in hand to the Germans for a bailout is paying footballers utterly obscene amounts of money.

I am pretty sure the Germans would be sympathetic to this view too!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cafc999 said:

It makes me laugh when you hear footballers who are on thousands and sometimes hundreds of thousands of pounds every week complain that they want more money. I mean, what can you not buy when you 'earn' 100k a week to warrant a pay rise?

Would you refuse more money if you could get it? It all looks obscene from our viewpoint, but I guess when you're in that world you just get used to it and want the money rolling in, especially if Modric has rolled up on more money.
  • Options
    I find it hard to criticize them too much for it. It happens very regularly, across countries - so there's got to be a reason as to why they react in the way they do? They probably know no better.

Ronaldo doesn't "need" the money, but it could very well be a status issue.

I went to the Bernabeu stadium tour three years ago, and as part of their presentation they actually take great pride in saying that they pay the best money to the best players. With that sort of club culture, Ronaldo is clearly going to notice it if two arrivals turn up earning more.
  • Options
    I find it impossible to believe that they are paying Modric more than Ronaldo.

Modric came from Spurs - one of the lowest payers of the English "big clubs" so I can't see him going to Real on mega money.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

I find it hard to criticize them too much for it. It happens very regularly, across countries - so there's got to be a reason as to why they react in the way they do? They probably know no better.

Ronaldo doesn't "need" the money, but it could very well be a status issue.

I went to the Bernabeu stadium tour three years ago, and as part of their presentation they actually take great pride in saying that they pay the best money to the best players. With that sort of club culture, Ronaldo is clearly going to notice it if two arrivals turn up earning more.

Must make you sick as a Real Madrid fan seeing someone earning what he's on & still have the hump!

Although 150 goals in 149 games probably means you'll suffer it!
  • Options
    I personally find it hugely insulting that a country that is on the verge of bankruptcy and is continually going cap in hand to the Germans for a bailout is paying footballers utterly obscene amounts of money.

I don't think the Spanish government are personally employing him...
  • Options
    Can't see anyone being able to afford either a transfer fee or his wages except perhaps Man City. Would he go there ?
  • Options

Ronaldo might not be able to adjust to life in Madrid. I dont think hat Madrid as a City is not noted for its tolerance towards homosexuals and doesnt boast of a thriving gay scene.

Why would you make a comment like that. ?

• Options

Ronaldo might not be able to adjust to life in Madrid. I dont think hat Madrid as a City is not noted for its tolerance towards homosexuals and doesnt boast of a thriving gay scene.

You have first hand experience of this?