Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cristiano Ronaldo

2»

Comments

• Options
    Rooney did exactly the same thing a couple of years ago, then hey presto a nice pay rise and "I love playing here... never want to leave... best club in the world" style comments follow...
  • Options
    Sparrows you are correct. If someone offered me more money then I would take it. However, if you was on 100k a week basic salary with add ons, would you ask for a pay rise?
  • Options

I personally find it hugely insulting that a country that is on the verge of bankruptcy and is continually going cap in hand to the Germans for a bailout is paying footballers utterly obscene amounts of money.

I don't think the Spanish government are personally employing him...

True, but Spanish clubs owe a combined Eu752 million to the Spanish government in unpaid taxes.....

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/sam-wallace-spanish-clubs-unpaid-tax-bills-are-a-disgrace--and-a-warning-to-all-7576759.html

.....and yet still pay these crazy wages to footballers, imagine what ordinary Spaniards could have done with that money in the midst of their economic Armageddon?

Football getting away with it again.
  • Options
    Then the Spanish equivalent of HMRC should sue Real Madrid and the other clubs.

• Options
    Just another attempt for him to try and get what he wants, more money.

Who can forget claiming he was a "slave" at United to push for a move to Madrid.

Footballing ability is not in question but as a person he just makes it easy to heavily dislike him.
  • Options

Then the Spanish equivalent of HMRC should sue Real Madrid and the other clubs.

They would love to....... if they had not all been laid off because of the cutbacks......:)
  • Options
    Didn't a few years ago couple of Spainish bank agree to freeze the debt that Real owed, due to the size of the club and their status, but the club had to sell a small part of it training ground to pay some of the debt
  • Options
    cafc999 said:

Sparrows you are correct. If someone offered me more money then I would take it. However, if you was on 100k a week basic salary with add ons, would you ask for a pay rise?

Exactly, he is not being offered a pay rise, he is threatening to throw the toys out of the pram if he doesn't get one. Bit of a difference.

I am sure that top Spanish businessmen who "support" the big political parties are on equally excessive salaries, just as in the UK, it isn't just footballers.
  • Options
    cafc999 said:

I probably would if someone joined my team of a worse ability who was getting paid more than me....I only have experience of that at a much much lower level of salary, but I guess it still works that way the more you earn.

I did read however that Ronaldo was more upset with how Madrid have recently treated Kaka, supposedly one of his good friends. Perhaps Ronaldo is making a stand on moral grounds! (I did read that following Kaka's treatment it's now sorted & he said he was happy, but perhaps another reason for Ronaldo's behaviour)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    There isn't anyone better than Ronaldo in the Real Madrid team, so I don't really understand why he isn't the highest earner.

Would you be happy with a workmate who was doing a far worse job than you earning more?
  • Options

There isn't anyone better than Ronaldo in the Real Madrid team, so I don't really understand why he isn't the highest earner.

Would you be happy with a workmate who was doing a far worse job than you earning more?

Who's on more than Ronaldo ?
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Some people said above, just took their word for it.
  • Options

se9addick said:

Some people said above, just took their word for it.
    Oh right, I probably should have read before posting ! I would imagine all the big players at the big clubs would be on approximately the same amount but I'm just guessing.
  • Options

The club captain - Iker Casillas I'd expect to be on more.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    That is truly crazy.