Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Michael Owen

2»

Comments

• Options
    You'd be gutted to be in the 25 then told sorry we've signed Michael Owen

so you're out.
  • Options
    Crouch is probably used to it by now. He's always on the lookout for a Premiership team to be an ex-player of.
  • Options

Rate pullis so surprised by this as Owen has followed the Robbie Fowler living on reputation for years 'model' to a tee other than he has also managed to alienate the scousers by joining man u whereas fowler is still worshipped there. That must be worth a hell of a lot - knowing that when you are retired you will still be treated like a god in the place you live and grew up in.

True, but Owen is from Chester and doesn't have any particular affection for Liverpool other than having come through their youth system, he certainly isn't a "scally" like McManaman, Fowler etc.

In all honesty, I doubt Owen could care less about what the Scousers think about him.
  • Options
    Doesn't have affection? His old man played for Everton and came from Merseyside. Both McMannaman, and Fowler were Everton supporters as was Owen. Clearly you have no clue on northern geography. Chester is full of ex-scousers. He would have loved to go back to Liverpool. Rodgers is a fool not to sign him. Ok it might not work out, but it would certainly deflect some blame if he manages to play and is not good enough. I'd suspect he'd do better than Fowler's return.

Rodgers was awful at Reading, and didn't change his tactics, with a very talented team. He was also very lucky when he was at Watford, in that his 4-3-3 was utter shit and he was forced to change back to 4-4-2 through injuries. My Watford friend said he was an ideologue and was only saved by circumstance. He was fortunate that Swansea had evolve via Jackett and Martinez into a total football squad. He'll be out by the end of the season.
  • Options
    I'd rather have Fuller.
  • Options
    ColinTat said:

Doesn't have affection? His old man played for Everton and came from Merseyside. Both McMannaman, and Fowler were Everton supporters as was Owen. Clearly you have no clue on northern geography. Chester is full of ex-scousers. He would have loved to go back to Liverpool. Rodgers is a fool not to sign him. Ok it might not work out, but it would certainly deflect some blame if he manages to play and is not good enough. I'd suspect he'd do better than Fowler's return.

Rodgers was awful at Reading, and didn't change his tactics, with a very talented team. He was also very lucky when he was at Watford, in that his 4-3-3 was utter shit and he was forced to change back to 4-4-2 through injuries. My Watford friend said he was an ideologue and was only saved by circumstance. He was fortunate that Swansea had evolve via Jackett and Martinez into a total football squad. He'll be out by the end of the season.

I obviously meant that Owen has no apparent affection for Liverpool Football Club, rather than the city itself. The fact he was a boyhood Everton fan only confirms it.

Go ask any proper Liverpool fan about Owen, most of them think that he cared more about playing for England than for Liverpool.

My college friend works for the Liverpool Echo, he tells me that when Fowler and McManaman left there was a big outcry because the fans loved them as "theirs" whereas with Owen there was much less attachment to him.

Let's see how Owen goes at Stoke, given his inury record over the last 10 years I suspect Arsene Wenger will be proved right, "Great player.....but he gets too many injuries, he won't play more than 20 games per season."
  • Options
    It's a pay as you play deal too, so it's a win-win for Pulis - one of the most under-rated managers out there. Did wonders at The Gills...
  • Options
    I'd be very surprised if he does well there. One thing is, it would boost morale for the Stoke players at least, and make them a more attractive club to play for due to the arrival of big names.

Michael Owens football ended when he joined Manu only to sit on the bench.
  • Options
    I'd still have him in the England side. Best finisher around
  • Options

I still find it arrogant that he refuses to play in the championship

Very good point

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Why? It's not like he is screaming for the money. Fair play to the bloke for only wanting to play top level. He's one of a few who has earned that right