Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The shootings in France

edited September 2012 in Not Sports Related
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-19499157

I have no idea how the police could not see a 4 year old girl was alive and hiding under the bodies in the car for over 8 hours after the car was discovered.

The whole thing is an appalling event, but I welled up a bit when I read this latest revelation.

Comments

• Options
    A tragedy for these young children and all concerned.
  • Options
    Just been reading about this, a friend of mine owns a holiday home in that area and has been posting pictures of Lake Annecy all summer.

Hard to believe that this sort of thing could happen in such a beautiful place.
  • Options
    One of my daughters spent a year at university not far from Lake Annecy and often went there at the weekends.

Tragic.
  • Options
    My parents live in France and the whole country is in a state of shock.
  • Options
    CharltonCharlie is in Annecy at the mo for the Alpine Challenge according to his Twitterings.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-19499157

I have no idea how the police could not see a 4 year old girl was alive and hiding under the bodies in the car for over 8 hours after the car was discovered.

The whole thing is an appalling event, but I welled up a bit when I read this latest revelation.

There are a number of reason why this poor, poor child was undiscovered for so long as per the link. The result is a horrible thing but had they gone crashing in maybe they'd have been destroying possible evidence and been equally criticised for that.

A truly shocking crime.
  • Options
    Drove through Annecy just a few weeks back, lovely looking place

so tragic

RIP
  • Options
    Agree with Bournemouth Addick.
    Reminds me a bit of the Drummonds in 1953. No motives, no clues, baffling.
  • Options
    The thought of that little girl hiding in the car with the bodies of (presumably) her parents and grandmother for 8 hours brought a tear to my eye, I'm not ashamed to admit.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Rizzo said:

The thought of that little girl hiding in the car with the bodies of (presumably) her parents and grandmother for 8 hours brought a tear to my eye, I'm not ashamed to admit.

I'm with you there. That poor child.
    The guillotine would be too good for the b.astard that did this.
  • Options
    BBC are now reporting all three adult were shot in the forehead "execution" style and they have also found Swedish & Iraq passports in the vehicle.

Something tells me this story has a long way to run.
  • Options
    agree, much more to this than meets the eye.
  • Options
    The family lived on the road behind me in Claygate, Surrey. So, so sad. let's hope that the injured girl pulls through.
  • Options
    This really is a bizarre case and one I fear we will never hear the full details of.

Hopefully the 4 year old can wipe it from her young mind and move on - but the 7 year old, if she survives, will have a hugely tough time of it.

Baffling story but one that really does tug on the heartstrings. Hope they find the murderers and they are treated with utter contempt.
  • Options
    A sad story but I can't help thinking that there are a few facts not yet known.
  • Options
    Was initially reported that the male in the car was a scientist, but this information has since been removed. Probably best not to speculate on here.

• Options
    Just got in from work. Shocked!

RIP
  • Options
    Good grief, they come from Claygate, where three of my best friends live. I'd be surprised if one of them and their families has not encountered the family involved.
  • Options
    Horrific story the poor little girl made me feel horrified when i heard

Rip
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Good grief, they come from Claygate, where three of my best friends live. I'd be surprised if one of them and their families has not encountered the family involved.

It is understood that the eldest daughter (injured but thankfully alive) goes to Claygate Primary School, the same school as my kids. If true the family will be known to many people in Claygate, it's a very close knit and sociable place.
  • Options

It is understood that the eldest daughter (injured but thankfully alive) goes to Claygate Primary School, the same school as my kids. If true the family will be known to many people in Claygate, it's a very close knit and sociable place.
    Cant believe so many Addicks live in Claygate - i lived in Hinchley Wood for 4 years til 2002.
  • Options
    Not a nice way to find out on this tragic forum, but it's good to know that I'm not the only Addicks fan in Claygate!!!!
  • Options
    Seems a professional hit seeing that the guy worked for a military supplier, and if so, these guys are probably in their home country already with Geneva Airport a short drive away. Very sad indeed for the two girls...
  • Options

Seems a professional hit seeing that the guy worked for a military supplier, and if so, these guys are probably in their home country already with Geneva Airport a short drive away. Very sad indeed for the two girls...

Let's just wait until a little more is known before coming out with groundless speculation please.
  • Options
    Just been reading through the stories on this, seems inconceivable that this is anything but a professional hit job.

It could be a Mossad job, but it seems a bit messy for them, they have been taking out the Iranian scientists in much more clinical fashion so might be some sort of privately backed job for reasons we will never know.
  • Options
    Shocking, one cannot comprehend what that poor little girl was going through, some heartless cold people in this world.

RIP
  • Options
    Ormston if it was a hit why leave the two kids alive and why beat of of them up ?
  • Options

Ormston if it was a hit why leave the two kids alive and why beat of of them up ?

From what I have read, the killer didn't realise the four year old was in the car and probably thought they had killed the other child anyway after shooting her.

The guy's nationality and occupation cause immediate suspicion to me, he's not exactly a Cockney bank clerk from Sidcup, is he?

An Iraqi man working in millitary aerospace, happens to get shot in the head in the middle of nowhere, doesn't quite add up for me but I agree there are things that make the whole thing look quite clumsily done for a pro hit.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    fattmatt said:

Not a nice way to find out on this tragic forum, but it's good to know that I'm not the only Addicks fan in Claygate!!!!

Well you might have guessed from my CL name... :-) There's quite a few of us....

Absolutely shocking, especially when the BBC reports that 'Claygate Primary School' is under police guard'. It's the kind of place where an 11-year-old prefect is normally sufficient as a guard.

A family holiday is normally one of the best times you can have....this is as sad as it gets