Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The shootings in France

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2012
    Having seen a website that gave specific information about this matter shut down this afternoon, I don't think that it's a good idea for too many theories to be aired here.
  • Options
    PaulCAFC said:

Having seen a website that gave specific information about this matter shut down this afternoon, I don't think that it's a good idea for too many theories to be aired here.

Good point. Which site was that?

Have to bear in mind that others were shot who it seems were unconnected to the occupants of the car.

• Options
    I lived in Claygate for a few years until recently but moved to Cobham so I could be closer to Scott Parker (and Ray Wilkins)
  • Options
    PaulCAFC said:

I don't think Jack Bauer & CTU are going to crash through the door of anyone from here for a few pie in the sky theories/thinking out loud.

Bit different if it turns out that Nolly is actually a Mossad agent and reveals all. That may see the site in trouble.
  • Options

PaulCAFC said:

I
    Bit different if it turns out that Nolly is actually a Mossad agent and reveals all. That may see the site in trouble.
    More likely an estate agent.
  • Options
    Bit of an odd one this...I mean in one aspect it's clearly the work of ruthless, high end, professional killers. Multiple clean headshots through glass suggest a team of skilled assassins as opposed to a single gunman....but then very amateurish `tidying up' by failing to silence one daughter and to even detect the other one.
    These such squads aim to get rid of everyone for the obvious reasons of possible future identification but if family members of the intended target can also be hit in the process then all the better cos this is seen as a further warning to their enemies.
  • Options
    What shocked me most, strangely enough, was not the killing / execution, but that whoever did it would brutally beat up a child before shooting her.

How the hell do the police get a catatonic 4 year old give them any useful information.
  • Options
    Today the the victim's house is crawling with the press, and the Police are searching the house. Looks like they suspect something other than a robbery gone wrong.
  • Options
    Mention at the moment that there was a big argument between the father and his brother over inheritance money, which the Police are investigating.
  • Options
    Police have been reported as saying brother has made himself known to UK police & police have emphasised that this is just a line of inquiry. We need to be careful before we condemn the brother.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Bit of an odd one this...I mean in one aspect it's clearly the work of ruthless, high end, professional killers. Multiple clean headshots through glass suggest a team of skilled assassins as opposed to a single gunman....but then very amateurish `tidying up' by failing to silence one daughter and to even detect the other one.
    These such squads aim to get rid of everyone for the obvious reasons of possible future identification but if family members of the intended target can also be hit in the process then all the better cos this is seen as a further warning to their enemies.

My thoughts exactly.
  • Options
    Found a possible IED in the house/garden
  • Options
    Bomb disposal experts on the scene now...
  • Options
    You have to ask why this would have happened to strangers- being in the wrong place at the wrong time. It just doesn't make sense to me- the sort of thing that the family could have inadvertantly interupted wouldn't happen in a clearly public place when you would have thought there would have been many alternatives. Whoever did it, knew their target and got in and out at speed- hence there being survivors. The poor cyclist would have happened to stumble on the scene. Not sure the child survivors will be helpful though, but looking for the motive will probably point out the evil person behind it.
  • Options
    SE10 said:

Yes, the surrounding area has been evacuated.
  • Options

Out of interest where do you hear/read that the head shots were carried out through the glass?
  • Options

Out of interest where do you hear/read that the head shots were carried out through the glass?
    The Times reported that the doomed driver of the car made a great effort to escape from the scene, tyre tracks, skid marks, earth thrown up indicates this .. the driver was halted in his/her efforts by being shot through the windscreen, hence the large number of shell cases recovered but bullets were not found in the bodies of the dead.
  • Options
    Thanks Lincs.
  • Options

SE10 said:

Bloody hell - in Claygate ?
  • Options
    The bomb disposal team have now left. But the area remains cordoned off, due to some contents found in the house.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2012
    IED stand for (I assume its a bomb of some sort)

Irritating electrical device?
  • Options
    Incendiary explosive device. But if there was one, it wasn't live as the bomb squad have now left.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    se9addick said:

SE10 said:

Bloody hell - in Claygate ?
    The Middle East comes to leafy Surrey with all its plots, feuds and merciless vendettas
  • Options
    Improvised Explosive Device.
  • Options
    Improvised Explosive Device
  • Options

Incendiary explosive device. But if there was one, it wasn't live as the bomb squad have now left.

I think it is Improvised Explosive Device; but I'm splitting hairs!
  • Options
    Impressive Eating Disorder
  • Options
    it's a trap .. there's 2 of em !!
  • Options

It was reported in the paper that one reason the doors weren't opened for ages, and the little girl found, was that the windows had holes in them but had not shattered all together. They wanted to preserve the scene so waited for forensics.
  • Options
    PL54 said:

It was reported in the paper that one reason the doors weren't opened for ages, and the little girl found, was that the windows had holes in them but had not shattered all together. They wanted to preserve the scene so waited for forensics.
    There are photo's online (BBC I think) and you can clearly see holes in the glass.