Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Paul Hart and Nathan Jones at Bromley Addicks on Weds 26th September 2012

Two of the guardians of Charlton's future will be the guests at Bromley Addicks later this month.

Academy Director Paul Hart and U21 Professional Development Coach Nathan Jones will visit the independent supporters' group on Wednesday 26th September.

The meeting will be held at the Bromley Conservative Club in 27 Elmfield Road, 27 Elmfield Rd, BR1 1LZ and starts at 8.00 pm. The bar will be open from 6.30 pm

Fans will be able to question the two coaches on the up and coming players at Sparrows Lane, the training and recruitment methods employed, the new U21 league and EPP Set up as well as much much more.

Members only but Addicks can join on the night for £5 adults £3 seniors and students. U18s free.

There will also be a raffle of one of the shirts BA sponsored last season, perhaps Ben Hamer's.

Comments

• Options
    Should be an interesting one.
  • Options
    Have a good evening, Henry.

Paul, Steve Avory and a couple of Academy lads came to us last season and it was very interesting to hear what they had to say about all aspects of the Academy.
  • Options
    A legend from the 80s is in town next week and we are hoping he'll pop along for half an hour and say hi.

• Options
    Nathan Jones - he's been gone too long.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Only you, me and one other poster get that joke : - )

• Options
    Nathan Jones ? Is He back ?
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    I'm going to ask him how often he hears that joke and how annoying is it on a scale of 1 to 10
  • Options
    Showing our age.
  • Options
    Not me, I only remember the Bananarama cover. Never even heard of the Supreames, honest : - )
  • Options
    This Wednesday.

If you can't make the Trust meeting hoping that Razil will pop along to speak about the Trust and that Jim Melrose will say hi.

Plus the main guests Paul Hart and Nathan Jones.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sorry, been tolld Jim Melrose won't be able to make it now.
  • Options
    Struggling to get a babysitter, but still trying, i believe someone from the interim exec will be attending though
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    First Melrose and now you.: - )

Let us know who the A N Other is.

• Options
    I blame bromley casc and michael macintyres people for not getting their diaries together ;)
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Really looking forward to this. A lot has gone on since the last meeting in May and it will be interesting to hear some forthright views from Paul Hart. I have heard him speak a couple of times. He comes over as a nice guy who has a vast knowledge of the game and those within it. Should be entertaining!!
  • Options
    See you there DOC64

Tonights the Night
  • Options
    Rumours are that Essex Addick will be along to talk about the Supporters' Trust.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    No interbranch fisticuffs lads..

;)

Don't forget 'uncle' ken too..

Can we get blow by blow updates pls? Am looking after falconwood branch of toddler addicks tonight

Plenty of q's on the diamond shape too
  • Options
    Got a few completed membership forms for you Razil. I'll give them to Geoff on Saturday.

Zonal marking is great, Jones looks like he's still playing and came over very well. Hart does very good impressions of Clough and the ex-QPR owner Beratori (sp),

CL and BA contribution to mimibuses very very very appreciated. Buses used non-stop ferrying kids about. Paul is going to contact us about a project we've offered to support. More on that later.

SPIT is what they look for in young players.

• Options
    SPIT is what they look for in young players

Strength, pace, intelligence, technique?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I forgot zonal marking too
  • Options

SPIT is what they look for in young players

Strength, pace, intelligence, technique?

That's it.

Both Paul and Hart made a big thing about the personalities of the young players and teaching them good habits, discipline and behaviour

Hart mentioned how the buses are used to take young kids home to "challenged" areas. He said "you would have heard about the boy who was stabbed in Hackney" which personally I hadn't. Seems an academy player was attacked. They have now moved him, with his parents permission, out of the area. He's living with the family of another academy player and is nearly ready to start training again.

Hart nearly signed for Charlton in 85. He came down to the Valley and spoke to Lennie. He was going to sign but Sheff Weds came in for him. He played for Weds v us the next season and we won "you wouldn't have won that if I'd be playing for you" was his comment.

• Options
    edited September 2012
    Thanks for the feedback, Henry.

If Paul Hart had actually signed as a player, he would have been one of our Sellout nomads that Lennie guided to promotion that season.

Shocking news about the stabbing to our young player - wish him a speedy recovery.
  • Options
    Bump
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Is that the first recorded use of that joke?  ;)
  • Options
    edited February 6
    When I watched Gomez as an 18 year old at the usual Welling pre season friendly at right back he looked a great prospect then so me and Paul Hart were bang on the money 😉
  • Options
    SPIT is what they look for in young players Strength, pace, intelligence, technique?
    That's it. Both Paul and Hart made a big thing about the personalities of the young players and teaching them good habits, discipline and behaviour Hart mentioned how the buses are used to take young kids home to "challenged" areas. He said "you would have heard about the boy who was stabbed in Hackney" which personally I hadn't. Seems an academy player was attacked. They have now moved him, with his parents permission, out of the area. He's living with the family of another academy player and is nearly ready to start training again. Hart nearly signed for Charlton in 85. He came down to the Valley and spoke to Lennie. He was going to sign but Sheff Weds came in for him. He played for Weds v us the next season and we won "you wouldn't have won that if I'd be playing for you" was his comment.
    I know this post was from 2012 but who was the player?

Did he ever make it to pro level?
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Is that the first recorded use of that joke?  ;)
    It's the CL supreme joke.