Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Paul Hart and Nathan Jones at Bromley Addicks on Weds 26th September 2012

2»

Comments

• Options
    I remember that evening well and was massively impressed by Jones. In fact, I said at the time that he would make an excellent Charlton manager, and recall being disappointed when he departed to Brighton some time later. I was chairing the meeting and asked Hart to give us a name to remember out of the young academy players. He was very reluctant and said that it was wrong to put pressure on youngsters when they are still learning their craft. Eventually, after we kept on at him, he said that there is one to watch who is a bit special, namely a 15-year-old called Joe Gomez. That was the first time I had heard his name.
    Did he say anything about his goalscoring ability?
  • Options
    SPIT is what they look for in young players Strength, pace, intelligence, technique?
    That's it. Both Paul and Hart made a big thing about the personalities of the young players and teaching them good habits, discipline and behaviour Hart mentioned how the buses are used to take young kids home to "challenged" areas. He said "you would have heard about the boy who was stabbed in Hackney" which personally I hadn't. Seems an academy player was attacked. They have now moved him, with his parents permission, out of the area. He's living with the family of another academy player and is nearly ready to start training again. Hart nearly signed for Charlton in 85. He came down to the Valley and spoke to Lennie. He was going to sign but Sheff Weds came in for him. He played for Weds v us the next season and we won "you wouldn't have won that if I'd be playing for you" was his comment.
    I know this post was from 2012 but who was the player?

Did he ever make it to pro level?
    Wasn’t it Junior Quitirna? May have spelled the surname incorrect
  • Options
    Quitirna is at Fleetwood, I think.

• Options
    Nathan Jones ? Is He back ?
    Yes 
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    MrOneLung said:
    Nathan Jones - he's been gone too long.
    Is that the first recorded use of that joke?  ;)
    It's the CL supreme joke.
    It's been gone too long.
  • Options
    Great news 
  • Options
    What can I say.

We all know Bromley Addicks are leaders and influencers but 12 years ahead of our time!
    Get them back to Bromley Addicks in September, and all the MODS will have to do is change the year date! 🙄