Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England tonight.

Has Olympic fervor put paid to interest in tonights game?

Comments

• Options
    i think its down to our boring showing at the Euros and it being at the start of the football season.

Will be right into it once the game starts.
  • Options
    Is there a game on then?

Paralympics plus a Diamond League meeting too much to compete with in my house.
  • Options
    Same here, BA

Really am not feeling too interested in this one.
  • Options
    Going out for a curry instead
  • Options
    Keep in mind that England more often than not win these games comfortably, even with weakened sides. I'll be watching.
  • Options
    We will win it in boring fashion, 2-0 with a goal from a centre back and late on from Defoe, but overall it will be a boring, shit game, so I'll be going to the cinema instead
  • Options
    Is it on ITV or Sky?
  • Options
    ITV

I'll be watching, England/Ireland/Italy treble @ 3/1
  • Options
    i hope we win it by more than one as ive got dough on it.

If its England, im interested.
  • Options

If its England and a competitive fixture im interested.

THIS
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Couldn't give a monkeys to be honest.
  • Options
    thanks for posting though
  • Options
    I'm interested. It's world cup qualifier , so it's important.

Friendlies i couldn't care less about.

( Terry to score anytime 9-1 on Betfair).
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Would be down the pub if I wasnt working
    Going on Tuesday as well

and San Marino
  • Options
    It's England, I am a football fan. Of course I am interested, I always am when my national team plays.
  • Options
    Oh now that explains why Spurs arent playing this weekend.
    Was wondering like lol.
  • Options

To be honest I was going to go into a long diatribe about how I used to go to all the home games at Wembley for years and that it used to mean absolutely loads to me watching every single game (watching Rob Lee make his debut was fantastic, even though he wasn't with us at the time). Had proper pride in the England team back then (early 90's) but feel absolutely nothing for them any more.

I genuinely believe that many people's support has moved firmly to club over country in recent years, mine has massively.

Anyway, fully aware it's not the thread for this and my post was irrelevant and didn't convey what I meant to say. For you boys that still care, fair play, I did once just not any more.
  • Options
    red_murph said:

To be honest I was going to go into a long diatribe about how I used to go to all the home games at Wembley for years and that it used to mean absolutely loads to me watching every single game (watching Rob Lee make his debut was fantastic, even though he wasn't with us at the time). Had proper pride in the England team back then (early 90's) but feel absolutely nothing for them any more.

I genuinely believe that many people's support has moved firmly to club over country in recent years, mine has massively.

Anyway, fully aware it's not the thread for this and my post was irrelevant and didn't convey what I meant to say. For you boys that still care, fair play, I did once just not any more.
    It's Robert Lee!

Again irrelevant and not the thread for this but to Charlton fans he was always Robert!
  • Options
    This will soon become a 'taking threads away from their original subject' thing Len ;0)

I'll go with your Robert thing though, certainly remember singing 'Robert Lee' a lot but when he started playing for us I was only nine or ten so you might have to forgive me that one fella.
  • Options
    This is a terrible admission but I forgot it was on.I have a Roast dinner on the go so will just put a few drinks in the fridge and watch a totally underwhelming 1-0 win with the winner coming from Judas.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

LOL

I'll be going down the pub to watch - don't think I'll ever shed a little tear for 'em again like 73, 90 & 98
  • Options
    Never realised it was a qualifier.

Any excuse for a.pub visit
  • Options
    We're 3rd in the world .... can't wait for this.
  • Options
    Another boring england game with a goal bundled in at a corner and a few other scrappy goals.
  • Options
    poor midfield
  • Options
    gerrard and lampard.why.
  • Options
    If I had a bet I'd do Moldova to score first and England to win 1-4, can anyone tell me the odds on that please?
  • Options
    Has anyone read 'Playing the Moldovans at tennis'? Great book and makes you want to support Moldova (apart from tonight, obviously).
  • Options
    Thought that was a very harsh pen
  • Options
    Loldova