Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England tonight.

2»

Comments

• Options
    Lol-d'oh-va
  • Options
    Pleasantly surprised, playing good football so far
  • Options
    Latest Score : Luxembourg 1 Portugal 0 !!
  • Options
    think they was like 33/1 as well lol
  • Options
    We should be 5 or 6 up by now. I can see this being a cricket score.
  • Options
    3-0. probably be 8 moldova are dreadful
  • Options
    Cleverley looks a good prospect. I'm impressed.
  • Options
    Have given up on England recently but pleased to read that they're 3 up already.
  • Options

Never realised it was a qualifier.

Any excuse for a.pub visit

If only...
  • Options
    Moldova look like the whipping boys of this group.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Surely that's gotta be San Marino?

• Options
    Don't you just hate it when superior teams take their foot of the gas instead of going out and stuffing teams.

i want to see 6 or 7 nil thrashings , not comfortable 3 or 4 nil wins where the best players are taken off.
  • Options

Surely that's gotta be San Marino?

San Marino are the whipping boys whipping boys. :-0
  • Options
    5-0 now.
  • Options
    Good football in the first half, took of all our flair in the second and ended up with a boring match. Walcott and Welbeck still look fairly poor to me.
  • Options
    I was happy with 5-0 @20/1
  • Options
    Well, England win AMD pub visit successfully accomplished. Winning
  • Options
    I don't really understand why we have to play these games. Who benefits? Surely, Moldova should enter a qualifying tournament with San Marino, Liechtenstein and the like. Competent 5-0 win but hardly competitive football.
  • Options
    Loldova
  • Options
    Roldova?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2012
    Decent performance I thought, if a bit sloppy in places. Impressive support, that's not an easy place to get to. Would like to hear from The Organiser, did you actually make it, buddy, or did Lufthansa shaft you?
    Liked the close up at the end of people watching from the balconies of the flats that tower over the ground (we call them "panelaks" across CEE because they are built on some crummy panel system). It seemed that one apartment had been taken over by England fans
  • Options
    A decent performance against a very poor Moldovan team, and remember Moldova aren't a San Marino, they are a 'proper' country with a population of 3.5m (Croatia have only 4.4m as a comparison)

Their current team put up a poor showing, maybe they're better tennis players than the ones in Tony Hawk's book!
  • Options

Decent performance I thought, if a bit sloppy in places. Impressive support, that's not an easy place to get to. Would like to hear from The Organiser, did you actually make it, buddy, or did Lufthansa shaft you?
    Liked the close up at the end of people watching from the balconies of the flats that tower over the ground (we call them "panelaks" across CEE because they are built on some crummy panel system). It seemed that one apartment had been taken over by England fans

Hi Prague,

We made it fine in the end mate. I say fine because the strike did not effect our flight at all in the end, however traffic nearly ruined us. Never got to the airport so close to my flight departure time - the arse was going a bit!

Was a great trip - Bucharest was simply the best eastern european City I have visited. The nightlife is quality - could not believe how packed, lively and what a buzz there was, even on Wed & Thur nights. Was cheap as chips - one night our tab had 4 G & T's, 4 Vodka cokes and two beers - just under £12!!!

Weather was mid 30's and blue sky the whole time and the women matched anything I have ever seen anywhere! Sawe the 2nd biggest building in the World which did not actually look that impressive!!

On to the day of the game. Up at 6am (on a hangover) dreading the supposed 8hr coach journey, which of course took over 11 hours!! Thank god that 1. the coach was not dry and 2. the driver gave in and un-locked the toilet - did not feel like 11hrs. Felt sorry for the lad on our coach who did 8 hours on off the coach journey, only to not be let in Moldova and having to get an 8 hour public bus back to Bucharest!!

Only had a few hours in Moldova before the game, so a few cheap beers then off to the ground. Biggest crush i've ever been involved in getting in - the police lost control several times. 1 entrance for 10k fans!!!! Was not the nicest, esp being so close to some panicked baton holding coppers!! Easy to get in England end without tickets - I could barely see anything inside the ground due to the massively OTT ob presence in-front of our end, combined with me being virtically challenged!! :) Seemed like a convincing win!!

Then 10 hour coach journey back to Bucharest, quick breaky, then off for two flights home!!! After no sleep in 42 hours I have slept most of today!!

Bring on Poland :)