Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cricket World Cup 20/20

Starts next week in Sri Lanka - England are the current World Champs, however, sub-continent conditions will be very tricky.

Who do you think will win?
India are favourites, with SA 2nd, and England are actually 7th favourites at best price of 9-1.

Myself, i'm gonna have a cheeky tenner each way on Windies.

Comments

• Options
    If Buttler plays like that every game we will walk it.
  • Options
    What an innings that was. !
  • Options
    has buttler solved the pietersen problem?
  • Options

Wow, no pressure then ?!
  • Options
    Will be putting a tenner on sri lanka, always perform in world cups
  • Options
    Pakistan are the dark horses. That's where my money will be.
  • Options
    Can't see how we're 7th favourites, but I actually can't call this one at all!
  • Options

Wow, no pressure then ?!
    His previous best was 13 from 7 other innings.....

• Options
    Going to have a few quid on Windies
  • Options
    Bump, or This, or That or The Other or some other Forum speak to get this going again considering the tourno starts tomorrah.
    Good warm up win for England today.
    Apparently the second round groups have been pre-seeded, and , regardless of where they finish(but assuming they do qualify), this is how the 2nd round groups will look...

England
    Windies
    NZ
    Sri Lanka

SA
    India
    Oz
    Pakistan

Top 2 from each group go through to semis.
    Dont know about you, but think we've drawn the long straw ! - The other group looks terrifying!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    2nd group looks like it'll be quality to watch, glad we're not in it
  • Options

Pakistan are the dark horses. That's where my money will be.

Agree with this, especially after seeing them chase a massive 186 to beat India earlier today
  • Options
    New Zealand for me @ 23 on Betfair with a saver on Sri Lanka @ 6.4
  • Options
    tough tournament to predict .. Sri or Pakistan ..... I'll go for .. Sri Lanka
  • Options
    Windies could surprise a few I reckon. 20/20 suits them. As a cricket fan, not just an England fan, I am genuinely pleased to see them challenging for competitions again
  • Options
    Could probably be a sub-continent side,India's bowling is a bit suspect, as is Sri Lanka's after Muralis retirement - however they have Malinga, probably the best 20/20 bowler in the world at the moment, and Pakistan have a lot of 'mystery' bowlers. Indias batting however, is probably the strongest in the tourno.

Looking forward to it immensely.
  • Options

Windies could surprise a few I reckon. 20/20 suits them. As a cricket fan, not just an England fan, I am genuinely pleased to see them challenging for competitions again

yep, great for the game of cricket. The decline of the game over there is incredibly sad
  • Options

yep, great for the game of cricket. The decline of the game over there is incredibly sad
    You say that, however, if you listen to Tony Cozier, he will tell you that there are more schoolkids playing cricket now than 20/30 years ago when Windies were at their peak - maybe its cyclical , as Australia are finding now?
  • Options
    Tourno starts today, with Sri Lanka v Zim.
    Good result for Ireland in the warm-ups yesterday - they beat Banglas by 9 runs.They could be the team to upset someone this year.Just like they did against England 4 years ago.
  • Options
    Zimbabwe fielding is hilarious to watch
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cant say much for their batting either.
  • Options
    Mendis 6 for 8. sri lanka win by 82 runs.
  • Options
    6 wickets for 8 runs ? - was that a typo?
  • Options
    had to double check but yep, 6 wickets for 8 runs in four overs. zimbabwe were poor though.
    the other mendis got 3 wickets for 24 runs.
  • Options
    Amazing , must be best performance in 20/20 surely.
  • Options
    found the best bowling record in a world cup 20/20 match...

5 for 6 runs - Umar Gul - New Zealand Vs Pakistan - 2009

so 1 extra wicket for 2 runs. does that make it better or not?
  • Options
    I would suggest it does make it better.
  • Options

found the best bowling record in a world cup 20/20 match...

5 for 6 runs - Umar Gul - New Zealand Vs Pakistan - 2009

so 1 extra wicket for 2 runs. does that make it better or not?

Yes bowling figures work by wickets taken.

So a bowler taking 6 wickets for 50 runs would be seen as better figures than say 5 wickets for 4 runs.

Incidentally Mendis is the only bowler to take 6 wickets in an international T20 game...and he's done it twice.
  • Options
    Ireland 44-4 0ff 9.4 v Aus.
  • Options
    Ireland 123-7 off 20.