Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rhoys Wiggins Double Fracture - Out for 2 Months

Comments

• Options
    Oh no, what's happened ?
  • Options
    A massive loss for us
  • Options
    Let's hope Evina is back soon, it's his big chance to get a decent run of games
  • Options
    Be surprised if he plays for us again tbh. Gutted as thought he would be our best player this year
  • Options
    Mike said:

Be surprised if he plays for us again tbh. Gutted as thought he would be our best player this year

really? bit OTT surely
  • Options
    It's Mike. Frankly that's an optimistic comment for him
  • Options
    or you take what CP said today on OS...

“Ceddy is closer [to a return] than Rhoys. Rhoys’ was a major injury and we’re just taking our time with things. Ceddy is back out on the grass and has done a little bit of training with us, but not much, and hopefully in a week or two he’ll be available again.”
  • Options
    Mike said:

Why do you think he will never play for us again then Mike? Do you think it's a career ending injury?

Personally I think he will be back at some point this season. It will take as long as it takes.

• Options

“Ceddy is closer [to a return] than Rhoys. Rhoys’ was a major injury and we’re just taking our time with things. Ceddy is back out on the grass and has done a little bit of training with us, but not much, and hopefully in a week or two he’ll be available again.”

Unusual for a man like CP to condone drugs and allow his players to use them, even soft ones
  • Options
    cfgs said:

Unusual for a man like CP to condone drugs and allow his players to use them, even soft ones
    If it was good enough for Bowyer, it's good enough for Ceddy...........
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hope Ceddy is fit asap! obviously would be better to have wiggins fit, but hope he can come back in good time and doesnt lose it as i do think he is one of the best LB in the league and would definately not look out of place in the Premier
  • Options
    What can really go wrong with a metatarsal? It is not like a ligament or muscle strain. Once its healed its healed I would have thought.
  • Options
    Hoping we still have Dan the Left back man, but no news from the OS on that
  • Options
    If Wiggins is going to be out for a month or more, I'd like to see us address the left side by bringing in a left winger or left sided midfielder to play in front of either Seaborne or Evina. A solid defensive left back and a good winger could make us even stronger on the left than a combination of Wiggins/Kerkar.
  • Options
    Has Seaborne been extended - If so - we are ok there with Evina close to a return. If not we need to address urgently. We need Solly at RB where he will link up really well with Wilson.
  • Options

What can really go wrong with a metatarsal? It is not like a ligament or muscle strain. Once its healed its healed I would have thought.

Depends how well he stayed off of it - if he's walking around with a limp, he could easily have pulled another muscle or something.

• Options

If Wiggins is going to be out for a month or more, I'd like to see us address the left side by bringing in a left winger or left sided midfielder to play in front of either Seaborne or Evina. A solid defensive left back and a good winger could make us even stronger on the left than a combination of Wiggins/Kerkar.

Jerome Thomas
  • Options
    Mike said:

The sun has got his hat on, hip hip hip hooray!
  • Options
    Rhoys Wiggins will not be fit until after the transfer window has shut that is why scp is not rushing him. why get him fit to potentially be sold in jan when we can have him fit and playing for us for the end of season promotion push.
  • Options

Rhoys Wiggins will not be fit until after the transfer window has shut that is why scp is not rushing him. why get him fit to potentially be sold in jan when we can have him fit and playing for us for the end of season promotion push.

Wiggins may be a good player, but unlike the likes of Solly and Morrison, thanks to his injury, is unproven at Championship level, let along higher, so I can't see why someone would have bought him in January anyway.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good point -Though, I think he has the attributes whih mean that it is a good bet that he will be effective at this level and possibly the Premiership. Nobody buys injured players though so that is one blessing.
  • Options
    Anyone who was at Birmingham on the first game of the season saw exactly why Wiggins has the ability to be a top player in this league.

Viva.....VIVA - RHOYS WIGGINS.
  • Options

Don't buy a word of this, what if he was fit a month ago? Powell wouldn't have played him at all until Feb just in case someone wanted to buy him? He doesn't want his first choice left back to play for 4 months, severely hampering the side as we have no fit left backs now, just so he can play in a 'promotion push'?
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Don't buy a word of this, what if he was fit a month ago? Powell wouldn't have played him at all until Feb just in case someone wanted to buy him? He doesn't want his first choice left back to play for 4 months, severely hampering the side as we have no fit left backs now, just so he can play in a 'promotion push'?
    Agree. In any case who will want to buy him after a serious injury without him proving beyond doubt that he is completely recovered and playing well again. He will return when he is good and ready. Hopefully it will be in the midst of a promotion push.

• Options
    ah but he wasnt fit a month ago,and anyway it is just my opinion
  • Options
    Hopefully they are giving wiggins plenty of milk, that was david nugents secret to coming back from a metatarsal minjury within 8 weeks, worked for me too though it took me 3 months!
  • Options

Irrelevant, you still think Powell doesn't want his first choice left back fit for the most important part of the season just in case someone wants to buy him, and seeing as his last game before he got injured he was turned inside out by Zaha about 4 times, I doubt he's on too many radars right now...
  • Options
    the christmas programme is a very tough time for anyone that has been out for a while to come back but i understand your point of view and your reasons sam
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Irrelevant, you still think Powell doesn't want his first choice left back fit for the most important part of the season just in case someone wants to buy him, and seeing as his last game before he got injured he was turned inside out by Zaha about 4 times, I doubt he's on too many radars right now...
    He won't be on many radars because he's injured, nothing to do with 15 mins against Zaha.

• Options

Quite true. That's why Powell has been talking about his rotation policy.
    He's planning on playing a rerserve team until February in case any clubs try to buy the 1st team players :-)