Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rhoys Wiggins Double Fracture - Out for 2 Months

Comments

• Options
    Very good news.

Was really excited to see Wiggins in the Championship as I felt he was one of our best players last season & thought he'd easily step up. Hopefully we'll see him by play by the start of Feb.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    His performance at Birmingham away on Day 1 was exceptionally good.

VIVA...VIVVVAAAAA RHOYS WIGGIIINNSSS
  • Options
    Im liking the idea of Wiggins/Evina partnership on one wing and Solly/Wilson partnership on the other but that could be football manager speak.
  • Options

Im liking the idea of Wiggins/Evina partnership on one wing and Solly/Wilson partnership on the other but that could be football manager speak.

Pritchard, Stephens and Captain JJ in the middle with Fuller or Kerm up top. I like it!
  • Options
    Must be playing Tottenham tomorrow.

Callum Harriott tweeted this:

Callumharriott ‏@Cally_messi
    Spurs tomo they better be ready ...
  • Options

Good news, although it may take a few weeks for him to get fully match fit.

I agree that Evina and Wiggins on the left could be very potent. Both have pace and both can defend. With Solly and Wilson on the right that could give us some real balance.

Not sure, they looked too similar in the FA Cup game v Carlisle(?) last season.
  • Options
    Come on scoham, you know cup games don't count : - )

I think it was one of Evina's few games TBH. If it was to work they would need to have a run of games together.
  • Options
    Over the moon with this. I've missed that boy so much, my 2nd place in player of the Season behind Kermogant last year.
  • Options
    Bring him back after the palace match don't want Zaha and Bolasie turning him inside out and ripping him a new one again , that was painful to watch

i think his best attribute is what he brings to us going forward but obviously gonna be a bit more limited on that side of things in this division but definitely one of my favourites
  • Options

Bring him back after the palace match don't want Zaha and Bolasie turning him inside out and ripping him a new one again , that was painful to watch

i think his best attribute is what he brings to us going forward but obviously gonna be a bit more limited on that side of things in this division but definitely one of my favourites

Luckily doubt that one or both of them will be in a Palace shirt by the time we play them.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Great that Rhoys is nearly ready, we have missed him so much. Not so sure about him or Ceddy at LM though, not convinced that is their natural position but certainly worth a try.
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

Great that Rhoys is nearly ready, we have missed him so much. Not so sure about him or Ceddy at LM though, not convinced that is their natural position but certainly worth a try.

Agree but I'd like to see more overlapping runs by Wiggins and with Cedric's defending abilities, It'd feel less exposed that side as JJ doesn't track back well and is more suited to the centre left midfield gap when Stevens leave...
  • Options
    Just spoke to mate who will probably play for Spurs today. All the first team squad are there training this morning with a game this afternoon. He's a right back so told him not to go in heavy on Rhoys when he comes bombing down the left!!
  • Options
    I've missed him more than most - we are his shirt sponsor!

But in truth I will be delighted to have him back - Evina could make a very tidy winger
  • Options
    Would be interesting to have Solly and Wilson on the right and Wiggins and Evina on the left - very interesting indeed!
  • Options
    It's currently 1 nil to Spurs after 15 mins. Obika with the goal.
  • Options

Davo55 said:

Agree but I'd like to see more overlapping runs by Wiggins and with Cedric's defending abilities, It'd feel less exposed that side as JJ doesn't track back well and is more suited to the centre left midfield gap when Stevens leave...
    JJ tracks back very well, indeed his defensive work enabled Wiggins to surge forward like he did last season.
  • Options

Would be interesting to have Solly and Wilson on the right and Wiggins and Evina on the left - very interesting indeed!

Curbs-esque. He used to like defensive Powell/Konchesky, Young/Kishishev combinations out wide. Would be a little more attacking and potentially very effective with our current 4...

• Options

Davo55 said:

JJ tracks back very well, indeed his defensive work enabled Wiggins to surge forward like he did last season.
    Agree. JJ is very good at that but his lack of pace does mean he can get exposed in this division.
  • Options

Davo55 said:

Agree. JJ is very good at that but his lack of pace does mean he can get exposed in this division.
    Yes i meant this.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Allows JJ to be inside where I feel he is more effective, next to Pritchard.
  • Options
    Stig said:
    The Official Site has really declined.

I know they've lost staff etc but even my 7 month old grandson would have enough nous to show the Charlton team!

Absolute rubbish!
  • Options
    For Len, the Charlton team was

starting line up
    GK Pope
    Back 4 r to l Osborne Ajayi Feely Wiggins
    Midfield r-l Cousins Jordan Green Bover
    Up Front Harriot Azeez

subs at 60 mins
    off Wiggins, Bover Green
    on Fox Pigott Harris
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

starting line up
    GK Pope
    Up Front Harriot Azeez

subs at 60 mins
    off Wiggins, Bover Green
    on Fox Pigott Harris

Thank Dick.
  • Options
    Why isn't Cousins playing in defence, surely his future is at RB, not in midfield?
  • Options

Why isn't Cousins playing in defence, surely his future is at RB, not in midfield?

To be the best you need to be a great defender and at least a good attacker. Part of his development I guess.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

dickplumb said:

starting line up
    GK Pope
    Up Front Harriot Azeez

subs at 60 mins
    off Wiggins, Bover Green
    on Fox Pigott Harris

Thank Dick.
    Harsh, he was only trying to help.
  • Options
    Plaaayer said:

LenGlover said:

dickplumb said:

starting line up
    GK Pope
    Up Front Harriot Azeez

subs at 60 mins
    off Wiggins, Bover Green
    on Fox Pigott Harris

Thank Dick.
    ha ha he didn't even credit me with the quote as it was me who listed this starting line up in another thread :)...cheeky Dick !

• Options
    madadd said:

Plaaayer said:

LenGlover said:

dickplumb said:

starting line up
    GK Pope
    Up Front Harriot Azeez

subs at 60 mins
    off Wiggins, Bover Green
    on Fox Pigott Harris

Thank Dick.
    ha ha he didn't even credit me with the quote as it was me who listed this starting line up in another thread :)...cheeky Dick !

I didn't know you were on commission,only tying to be helpful.