Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Mobile Upgrade Time

edited September 2012 in Not Sports Related
Time for my upgrade. Under no circumstances will I be buying an Apple Product so forget suggesting an iPhone.

Am an Android fan so will be sticking with that platform. Currently have an HTC Desire HD and like it a lot. Only downside is the poor battery life.

Have heard similar horror stories about the new HTC batteries.......so suggestions please.

New HTC or a Samsung S3.

Comments

• Options
    Get the HTC Desire X, due out 'late September'

http://www.clove.co.uk/htc-desire-x

It's what I am waiting for!
  • Options
    S3 is the best phone on the market hands down.
  • Options
    Got HTC One X today. Too soon to say if it's any good, but it certainly looks nice.
  • Options
    Took the plunge with an S3 the other day and it is absolutely superb! Had a 4S before and this thing is so much better.
  • Options
    S3 all the way if you don't want an iPhone (still the best phone on the market) but its huge!
  • Options
    S3 is brilliant. I couldn't justify it so went for a Galaxy Ace - that is still pretty good.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Htc one x is immense has it for 4 months now and no problems. Battery life doesn't seem to bad for such a large screen.

Shop around on line though. There are some great deals to be had that you are unlikely to get if you stick with your current supplier.

Got mine for £21.50 a month with £50 cash back after 3 months.
  • Options
    Vinnie V. said:

Htc one x is immense has it for 4 months now and no problems. Battery life doesn't seem to bad for such a large screen.

Shop around on line though. There are some great deals to be had that you are unlikely to get if you stick with your current supplier.

Do fancy the One X, however this is the first time someone hasn't slated the battery when talking about it. How often do you charge it?
  • Options
    Can't help you as I'm only on day 2, but it really is a joy. The reviews I read for all similar phones said you won't get much more than a day with everything on. I'd go for it.
  • Options

Vinnie V. said:

Do fancy the One X, however this is the first time someone hasn't slated the battery when talking about it. How often do you charge it?
    Depends, usually just charge it overnight with the occasional top up if it's had a lot of use.

A couple of updates have downloaded automatically and seem to have helped too.

When you first get your phone you'll cane the battery due to novelty value.

If yr a heavy user get a phone with a smaller screen as that is what drains it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oh and a friend has an S3 and charges it just about as often.

If you remember to turn off the net when your not using it helps too.
  • Options
    s3 is probs best phone on market atm
  • Options
    Juice defender is a useful app if you're having battery life issues.
  • Options
    Got juice defender on my current Desire HD and will reinstall. Still can't make up my mind.
  • Options
    Went from Desire to s3 last week. It is big but very ggod. When iplayer download goes android next week it will be invaluable for the commuting.

Good phone, great screen, good camera, big but very light. No issues with the phone memory like the desire as its 16gb plus card.

Get it, you won't be disappointed.
  • Options
    sticking with HTC Desire .. great phone
  • Options
    s3 all day long. Loving it, hands down the best phone in our office full of techies and now everyone upgrading is moving across. HTC was the big name in the office before the s3
  • Options
    I've got a HTC one s and I like it a lot. Battery life isn't great but then I do play a lot of games. The only problem is now and again the screen goes a bit screwy. Hoping the new android update will sort it out.
    If the s3 was out back then I probably would have gone with that instead.. looks the dog's.
  • Options

Juice defender is a useful app if you're having battery life issues.

Not often u get any decent advice on here ;-)

Downloaded after your recommendation EA.

My desire battery lasts longer than the usual 10mins now. Very good. Ta

• Options
    Got the S3 in the end. Personally prefer the HTC user interface, the Samsung UI feels a little cluttered and takes a lot more fiddling to get it to my liking. However, the S3 battery blows the HTC batteries away. Fair trade off.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Had an S3 for a few months now anyone got any decent android apps even better if there free
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    fatrob said:

Had an S3 for a few months now anyone got any decent android apps even better if there free

Dolphin web browser is a huge improvement on the browser that comes as standard.

Zedge. Huge range of additional ring and message tones.
  • Options
    Personally the first things I get on any device are Dolphin and the related bookmarks widget, skysports score centre, all the Angry Birds, facebook messenger, beautiful widgets app, go sms pro and FootballManagerHandheld 2012
  • Options
    Best apps I've found so far fatrob are Beautiful Widgets, Tasker & any of the various launchers (NOVA Launcher, Go Launcher are the best two I've come across). They essientially replace the TouchWiz controls and give you greater control on your phone layout.
  • Options
    I use Opera Mobile for browsing.

Use apps like the tube map, fotmob, google maps, evernote, pulse, imdb, shazam, pga tour, tweetcaster, sportstap, espn cricinfo, a fair amount.
  • Options
    Due to finances and the fact I don't use it much I'm downgrading from pay monthly to pay as you go. My original contract had expired and so the monthly contract continued on a rolling basis. I'm with Orange and phoned them up to cancel. They told me they need 30 days notice (which I gave them over the phone). After 30 days they will send a new sim card which I would need to activate immediately. My monthly contract would then be cancelled.

Has anyone had this experience before? Seems like they are simply trying to get another months money out of me.
  • Options
    That is standard
  • Options
    GET A SAMSUNG GALAXY S3
  • Options
    johnny73 said:

Due to finances and the fact I don't use it much I'm downgrading from pay monthly to pay as you go. My original contract had expired and so the monthly contract continued on a rolling basis. I'm with Orange and phoned them up to cancel. They told me they need 30 days notice (which I gave them over the phone). After 30 days they will send a new sim card which I would need to activate immediately. My monthly contract would then be cancelled.

Has anyone had this experience before? Seems like they are simply trying to get another months money out of me.

The vast majority of companies require 30 days notice when cancelling or changing a plan etc.

I want a S3 but can't afford it and the monthly plans are too expensive, might get a Sony Experia S
  • Options
    fatrob said:

That is standard

Thanks.