Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Nick Clegg is sorry

edited September 2012 in Not Sports Related
Don't know if this has been posted elsewhere but here's the brilliant autotune version of Nick Clegg's apology for raising tuition fees. As an example of self-serving insincerity the original video was almost beyond parody. But as parodies go, this one is a good 'un.

http://youtu.be/KUDjRZ30SNo

Comments

• Options
    hahahaha
  • Options
    That's the trouble with politicians. They just don't know when to shut the f*ck up.
  • Options
    Get no nonsense Farage in.
  • Options
    He gave his permission to the maker to put it on youtube....how kind of him!
  • Options
    Too late Nicky boy, once bitten twice shy.
  • Options
    Strange how he went against his own promise last year then finally makes an apology. Ok Nick, but what about changing the goverment's attitude to University fees then we might actually take your apology as genuine.

I suppose none of you will know this but UKIP is slowly taking over the Lib Dems in the polls so that kinda gives me one of the reason why Nick Clegg has suddenly made an apology.
  • Options

Get no nonsense Farage in.

Agreed

• Options
    That makes it all OK now then?
    The Libs will have to wait another 100 years for a chance to govern.
    Dirty dogs the lot of em
  • Options
    It's kind of astonishing really. It's not like anyone is going to change their mind because he's apologised. All he's doing is bringing it all back again. And what's worse he sounds incredibly insincere.
  • Options
    Jints said:

It's kind of astonishing really. It's not like anyone is going to change their mind because he's apologised. All he's doing is bringing it all back again. And what's worse he sounds incredibly insincere.

Because dozy politicians live in their own world of spin and appeasment of the press they all seem to think nowadays that an apology can somehow negate all their lies and fuckups. The public have sussed them out thank God.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    During the debates it was apparent to anyone with a brain that he was an insencere prick who was spouting a bunch of spin to try and hook votes. I've little sympathy with his disappointed supporters. To be fair he was up against two people who were doing the same thing.
  • Options
    I think the problem was the Lib Dem's have been able to get away with coming up with all kinds of sensible-sounding policies for decades, safe in the fact the'd never get to implement them. As soon as thier bluff is called and they actually form part of the government they crap themselves and they implode.

You know who Nick clegg reminds me of? Has anyone seen the film Road Trip? where there is that skinny little kid who thinks everyone now likes him when in fact he is being used for his car? That's him!We'll see if life imitates art and he shags Diane Abbott.
  • Options
    Being in government (almost) has pretty much destroyed the Lib Dems. I can't see them getting anywhere in the next general election and it's really just a question of where their voters migrate to that will determine the results. Sadly I think the electorate are actually stupid enough to vote Labour back in as the coalition has failed to sort out the mess that labour made. Short memories...
  • Options
    they all had a turn now, and all been crap. I really don't know if I'll vote, which is sad as people die in other countries simply to get that right.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    "Sensible sounding policies". What a ridiculous idea.... Who is to say they would not have worked? Can't believe anyone is sticking up for the two main parties Macca? They are all in it for themselves, and Clegg was happy to screw over his own party for five minutes of "power", and to give him a tiny bit of credit, maybe to try and push through the reforms to the voting system needed. Actually I can't believe anyone who has lived through both Thatcher and Blair ( which many of you haven't, I realise ) has any faith at all in any politician.

• Options
    cafckev said:

He gave his permission to the maker to put it on youtube....how kind of him!

Hes actually given permission for them to sell it through iTunes with all proceeds going to some children's charity. Considering the nature of it I think he's been quite good natured. To be honest, I'll always have a little bit of respect for people who can take the piss out of themselves

Anyway, f*ck main party politics, all shades of the same grey
  • Options
    McBobbin said:

they all had a turn now, and all been crap. I really don't know if I'll vote, which is sad as people die in other countries simply to get that right.

If you're not going to vote at least go and spoil your vote.
  • Options
    Part of me does feel a bit of smpathy. Absolute no win situation. The only way to get any sort of power was to get into bed with the tories everyone knew how that would work, Cameron cleverly dirties Clegg's big promise about fees by making him go back on them thus discrediting the Lib Dems. No he has actually come out and apologise he gets criticised for it, the same as if he hadn't apologised.

And before anyone says it I have never voted Lib Dem.
  • Options
    I wasn't sticking up for anyone algarve! bearing in mind how carp the politicans are, I'm surprised the country isn't in a worse state. they probably have a lot less power than they think.
  • Options

McBobbin said:

I'd spoil mine if I voted for Tory, LaB or Lib or indeed any other "knowitall but Donothing" busybody
    on there
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

McBobbin said:

I'd spoil mine if I voted for Tory, LaB or Lib or indeed any other "knowitall but Donothing" busybody
    on there
    I put a great big cross next to UKIP to make sure they definitely didn't get my vote (though I shall get my coat)
  • Options
    McBobbin said:

McBobbin said:

on there
    I put a great big cross next to UKIP to make sure they definitely didn't get my vote (though I shall get my coat)
    I think I heard that UKIP are currently beating Clegg and his cronies in the op polls.
  • Options
    Apparently this "song" is now being released as a charity single & is expected to top the charts.
  • Options
    The only reason he ever had a shot at power was the votes that his party won due to opposing tuition fees. To then support them made a bit of a mockery of democracy, surely politicians should be held to promises made in their party's manifesto? If not then how the hell do you know what you're voting for?
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    The Lib Dems broke their promise re tuition fees.

Labour and Conservatives both broke their promise re the European Constitution / Lisbon Treaty.

You get what you deserve if you vote for any of these parties again in my opinion.
  • Options

Actually I can't believe anyone who has lived through both Thatcher and Blair ( which many of you haven't, I realise ) has any faith at all in any politician.

so so true ... see you on 29th mate
  • Options
    Oh yes, a few bevvies to celebrate the birthday that night...
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

The Lib Dems broke their promise re tuition fees.

Labour and Conservatives both broke their promise re the European Constitution / Lisbon Treaty.

You get what you deserve if you vote for any of these parties again in my opinion.

And the Labour broke theirs regarding the smoking ban.
  • Options
    Now pay for my tuition and I'll start listening.
  • Options
    They need to sort universities out and not use as an extension of Thatchers plan to keep the youth unemployment down.Ive never heard a sensible thing come out of a Liberals mouth.