Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ipswich v Charlton - Post match thread

Comments

• Options

On the plus side, for a side that's 18th, our goal difference of minus one is very good.

A darned sight better that Birmingham's which is plummeting fast as I type this. Barnsley will go above us with their huge win, but Brum go below us and we stay 18th. Excellent!
  • Options
    JT said:

Curbs finally to Ipswich?

Wouldn't bet against it

• Options
    I'm liking this thread :-)

Can anyone tell me what time SSN start showing the goals? Is that Goals express thing on SSN or the paid for channel?
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Peter_G said:

On the plus side, for a side that's 18th, our goal difference of minus one is very good.

A darned sight better that Birmingham's which is plummeting fast as I type this. Barnsley will go above us with their huge win, but Brum go below us and we stay 18th. Excellent!
    Threee ex-Charlton players in that Birmingham side, too!

Craig Davies , who has got four goals, seems to have been around forever and played for half the clubs in the league (many of them on loan).

An inspired signing by Barnsley (I know he got a few goals for them last year, too) - or a freak perfrormance never to be repeated?

• Options

Good and important result and sounded like the team were better organised with the needed changes made (obviously not counting Yann/Fuller).
    Hopefully another part of the learning curve for Chris Powell and for the players so we can continue towards survival.
  • Options
    just seen the goals on SSN..............great goal by Fuller - but Scotland;s goal got a big deflection so got to be an OG if Fuller's one at Forest doesn't count.
  • Options
    I predicted a nervy 1-2 with fuller and yann two out of three ain't bad

Could only get an update from red on here so really fantastic reports from red had me checking every few mins

Great result made up for the boys

Good to see Jacko moved in to the middle and fuller starting

Wilson sounded involved and done well from reports of some there

Defensively we sounded good and to only concede from a deflection
  • Options
    Couple of well taken goals - though God knows what BWP was doing jumping over the ball in the build-up to the first!

Their goal was just another one of them things that seem to be going against us this season.
  • Options
    Any dodgy refereeing decisions at todays match?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Off_it said:

Their goal was just another one of them things that seem to be going against us this season.

I think the 'hard-done by little Charlton' attitude does us no favours.

And it isn't actually true.

We deserved three pts v Birmingham. We were lucky Leicester didn't get an equaliser when they over-run us second half.

Lucky to get a point when outplayed by Hull, Perfectly good goal disallowed v Palace.

The 'luck' has evened out over the first seven games, as it always does. I'm more than happy with 18th at present and we can't blame refs. linos or bad luck that we're not higher. We are where we deserve to be and for a newly promoted side, it ain't bad.
  • Options
    but on officialing decisions we have had no luck
  • Options
    We also had a perfectly good goal disallowed V Hull.
  • Options
    Only decision I'd like to see again was Fuller being given offside late in the game. Would have been clean through and must say he looked level to me.
  • Options

Only decision I'd like to see again was Fuller being given offside late in the game. Would have been clean through and must say he looked level to me.

That is what the -proper- radio team on BBC London concluded too

• Options
    Thank you Henry!

Will the goals be on again at 8 on SSN?
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Oh what a day , 3 points for the Mighty Reds , had £20 on Fuller to score at 2-1 , 50 minute run while Charlton were playing , lost 8.5 pounds in weight this week , have run for 5 hours this week.
  • Options

and palace.
  • Options
    A well deserved win, fuller oozed class and worked hard as well, Morrison was immense www at the back, Ipswich were very ordinary...
  • Options

Don't forget the penalty we didn't get at Derby when the defender caught the ball.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Oh what a day , 3 points for the Mighty Reds , had £20 on Fuller to score at 2-1 , 50 minute run while Charlton were playing , lost 8.5 pounds in weight this week , have run for 5 hours this week.

now you can afford a right blinding set of bins !!!!!
  • Options
    Not much to add apart from well done to the boys.

Only posting to get the numbers up and prove henry wrong. ;-)
  • Options

Don't forget the penalty we didn't get at Derby when the defender caught the ball.
    Or the penalty Derby were gifted, when their player went to ground without a challenge.
  • Options
    Loving my away trips! Have only managed Birmingham and Ipswich (easy I guess, living in Norwich) but I have seen two really decent away performances. Questioned the JJ move into the middle at Hollands' expence but, for me, it worked. After he scored he really came into his own and looked solid. I read on here somewhere that Charlton were hanging on by the skin of their teeth at the end! As far as I am concerned, not the case. You can expect the home team to pile on pressure at the end but we still looked threatening on the break and missed a sitter (Green or Stephens?) to make it 1-3. Fuller looked class and Kerkar, although totally unorthodox, put a decent shift in and puts a decent cross in.

Centre halves looked solid (Scotland was a handful; strong as an ox) and Wilson is growing into the role. I feel sorry for Solly on the left and it certainly imbalances the team, especially when he gets pulled inside; however, he still had a great game.

A great confidence booster and proof that we can play a bit, albeit against a pile of pony suffolk outfit - the horse mascot(s) being quite apt.
  • Options
    I am chuffed that Jacko has moved into the middle and had a good game.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Back from a difficult day which, that said, went better than I thought it would to find out we won!

Well done to all the lads, especially Jacko who has taken some stick, and last but not least congratulations to East Stand on her degree!
  • Options

Not much to add apart from well done to the boys.

I see where you're coming from. Not much to add from me.

Fuller sounds like an inspired signing - let's hope we can keep him fit.

Also, sounds like CP picked the right team today.
  • Options

Could we get a view on Wilson from those who went? I believe he played out of position at left back and, from the commentary, it sounded largely like positive contributions.

Shaky start but grew into the game and was solid defensively and linked well with Green he played whole game at right back. Great defensive header in second half
  • Options

I think Henry has posted that particular challenge every time Charlton has won over the past four years.

Anyway, here's another one to up the tally.
  • Options
    Much needed win. Sounds like they all done well as a team.

Glad CP made the changes and played two wingers. Allowing Jacko to express himself in the middle. FINALLY.

I am so excited about Fuller. What an incredible signing that is.

Things look brighter now we're above Millwall and if we could get a win next week, it'll all look rosey again.