Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ipswich v Charlton - Post match thread

Comments

• Options
    Daylight robbery from Fuller. The defender just wasn't ready!!

3 points is 3 points and I'm very happy to gain them away from home. Makes up for the Palarse loss.
  • Options
    You've got to take Henry with a pinch of salt, don't quit on his account. I don't like the bloke either but such is life you can't get on with everyone
  • Options

Chill pill, Henry.

It was a very amiable and friendly joke with you and not at you, building on Tangoflash's jest.

''Insufferable''.Yes. Good jokey pun. I don't mind at all.

But sometimes you just need to stop being so damned up yourself and self-righteous for five mins and stop taking yourself so blessed seriously!

Sad.

Best post I've read on CL
  • Options
    That picture of the team celebrating is quite telling. With Fuller and Kerkar in the line up we are actually quite a big side. Stephens must be well over 6ft and seems to be still growing. Another thing of note is that Fuller looks lean and mean, what a difference to JFH !
  • Options
    Do not want to burst any ones bubble, but I was there and we beat a rubbish team, with the exception of there numbers 14 and 18 up front who gave us a lot of problems. If we play football as poor as that against Blackburn then the team will loose 3 nil. But at least we got 3pts and found a team worst than us, now need to find two others.
  • Options
    msomerton said:

Do not want to burst any ones bubble, but I was there and we beat a rubbish team, with the exception of there numbers 14 and 18 up front who gave us a lot of problems. If we play football as poor as that against Blackburn then the team will loose 3 nil. But at least we got 3pts and found a team worst than us, now need to find two others.

We should celebrate our victories as much as we smother ourselves in doom and gloom. Having read most if the thread I don't think any one is suggesting we have become world beaters over night but some including me were wondering where the next point was to come from and a good performance against any team is something to celebrate. We can get back to the usual doom and gloom if things don't turn out positive next week. Meanwhile LLLH

• Options

Great photo after we've just scored:

At first I thought it was a great photo, but then on closer inspection I fear it hints at a split in the 'dressing room'.
  • Options

much needed post to prove Henry wrong :)

+1

• Options
    Is Henry this weeks Wilson? Last weeks Jackson? etc
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    1 sour note from yesterday. There was a bloke stood in front of me, I would say he was mid to late 20's, who's language towards Wilson everytime he touched the ball was disgusting. Literally everytime Wilson touched the ball he would shout out "you f Ing useless c word" at the top of his voice!!! I don't mind a bit of bad language at football but why "fans" go to football to violently abuse their own team is beyond me!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thought the whole back 4 were great.i sat in the ipswich end behind the goal i got tickets through my work and the fans kept saying wish we had that morrison
  • Options

1 sour note from yesterday. There was a bloke stood in front of me, I would say he was mid to late 20's, who's language towards Wilson everytime he touched the ball was disgusting. Literally everytime Wilson touched the ball he would should out "you f Ing useless c word" at the top of his voice!!! I don't mind a bit of bad language at football but why "fans" go to football to violently abuse their own team is beyond me!!

That is just so depressing, why do these people even bother? What pleasure do they get from going to games?
  • Options

1 sour note from yesterday. There was a bloke stood in front of me, I would say he was mid to late 20's, who's language towards Wilson everytime he touched the ball was disgusting. Literally everytime Wilson touched the ball he would should out "you f Ing useless c word" at the top of his voice!!! I don't mind a bit of bad language at football but why "fans" go to football to violently abuse their own team is beyond me!!

That is just so depressing, why do these people even bother? What pleasure do they get from going to games?
    Apart from that I happen to think he is not a bad player, not boo boy material like Leon Clarke
  • Options
    Praise for Jackson on Ipswich forum for yesterdays display.

Looked a decent player today, basically ran the middle of the park for them, and is not only a playmaker, but he can tackle aswell! He is like a modern day Matt Holland!

That Hamer in goal look decent aswell, admittedly did not have much to do, but stopped everything that came his way.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Fuller's goal! A view from the away section, it's not my video but thought I'd post it here:

(looks great in 1080p and full screen, just a shame it's portrait rather than landscape)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bc_GiYgBZCM
  • Options
    delroofer said:

Even managed a fine bottle (small) of something white & chilled !

That wouldn't be milk then Fanny? ;0)
    Think you know me better than that, Del !
  • Options
    Back to the game...

Thought we played well and controlled the game for long periods, stand out players for me were Morrison and Fuller but the midfield looked a much better shape and if Kerkar can improve his crossing then I think he will do well.

Not getting over excited as Ipswich were as poor on the day as any side we will play this season, and I for one will never moan about The Valley atmosphere again, barely a peep out of them, hardly celebrated the goal and just when you thought it would be a difficult last half hour with the crowd behind them, they went even quieter.

Good day out and good support from the thousand or so addicks, think I may have got thhe away bug again..
  • Options
    Can't say Wilson has won me over yet. Punts it long too often for one thing. Committed though..

Morrison and Fuller were awesome but I was most impressed with central midfield.. Jackson & Stephens were terrific, ran the show and broke up play. Kerkar did well too tho looks like he's needs more experience.

Ipswich have some decent players but aren't together as a team like CAFC. People have said we need to improve to beat Blackburn, but did you see them Fri night against Boro? They were awful and will need to improve to have a chance against us!
  • Options

Fuller's goal! A view from the away section, it's not my video but thought I'd post it here:

(looks great in 1080p and full screen, just a shame it's portrait rather than landscape)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bc_GiYgBZCM

Fantastic !
  • Options
    I thought Wilson did ok yesterday.

The thing for me though is that Solly is so much better, and the work he does on the right, getting forward etc he just doesnt do as effectively on the left. I thought Wilson would be a much more offensive player than he is but at times yesterday he was 40 yards behind Danny Green.

Clearly Powell doesnt rate Evina though so have to trust him that this is the best solution.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Off_it said:

I make you right. I've got a grand riding on it.
    ;o)
    What?
  • Options
    BIG_ROB said:

Off_it said:

;o)
    What?
    One

• Options
    BIG_ROB said:

BIG_ROB said:

Off_it said:

;o)
    What?
    One

Thousand

• Options
    BIG_ROB said:

BIG_ROB said:

BIG_ROB said:

Off_it said:

;o)
    What?
    One

Thousand

pound?

• Options
    BIG_ROB said:

BIG_ROB said:

BIG_ROB said:

BIG_ROB said:

Off_it said:

;o)
    What?
    One

Thousand

pound?

Wow!
  • Options
    Can someone do a count on the posts in winning and losing post match threads...we've just had a fantastic season and are only a few points away from our best finish in 5 years... positive criticism is one thing but digging posters and players out not very useful...
    I see people saying Ipswich not the strongest opposition... all the more reason to be happy we picked up the 3 points...

Not far to go to beat 198 on the Derby Thread! (unless Henry starts adding to that one!)
  • Options
    Da Da Da Dum Dum Da Da

*Whistles
  • Options
    I wasn't there but we'll done to all the lads! Nice to see Powell go 442! Really pleased for JJ I thought he should have been dropped! Great to see Powell moving him inside to utilise his skills better ! Also a word of praise to Wilson sounds like he had a better game! Fuller spounds like a great bit of business by Powell and the club! This leaves Powell with a problem for next week! If Yann is fit will he go on the bench or in for BWP? Nice problem to have I guess!
  • Options

I thought Wilson did ok yesterday.

The thing for me though is that Solly is so much better, and the work he does on the right, getting forward etc he just doesnt do as effectively on the left. I thought Wilson would be a much more offensive player than he is but at times yesterday he was 40 yards behind Danny Green.

Clearly Powell doesnt rate Evina though so have to trust him that this is the best solution.

I would put that down to his being predominantly a midfielder who can (but at a stretch) play full back. Too worried about being caught upfield so hangs around too far back, but if he did start bombing forward may not have the natural defensive nous to cover for any errors. A natural full back like Solly or Wiggins has much better judgement about when to get forward and when to hang back and it shows.
  • Options
    I think Wilson's a player still developing. When he was first with us he was all pace and not a lot else and his release wasn't that much of a surprise, even though it disappointed me at the time. Since then he's had a lot of time to try and develop his game at a much lower level, and now I think he'll benefit from a higher standard of coaching. He's worked very hard to get to this point and I think over the course of the season we'll see a more confident and complete player. All the natural attributes are there, the facilities are there and he seems to have the right attitude towards hard work and improving so I reckon we'll be very pleased with him by the end of te season, assuming he continues to get a decent amount of game time