Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

I used to enjoy CL

Comments

• Options
    Personally, I'd kick the crap out of most of you given the chance, especially that Henry fella.
  • Options
    DA9 said:

Personally, I'd kick the crap out of most of you given the chance, especially that Henry fella.

Come on then, outside!
  • Options
    1StevieG said:

DA9 said:

Come on then, outside!
    If I'm not there in 10, start without me
  • Options
    1StevieG said:

DA9 said:

Come on then, outside!
    We all know they're all pussies in Greenhithe..........................
  • Options
    I have to say that following several digs after posting something I'm posting a lot less now.

I used to feel as though this was a forum of like minded 'friends'. Now I view it as a hostile place where there are people just waiting to stick the knife in. For that reason I now don't bother to post as much.

I hope the change is not irreversible, but if it keeps going the way it has been I can see people giving up coming here permanently.
  • Options
    I reckon it pays to have skin as thick as a Rhino. Speaking as one who will always try for a discount in shops, even if buying a loaf of bread...and I love car buying if I'm ever involved, seeing the sales person with their script and stuff as a challenge, I reckon it helps not to be easily embarrassed or over sensitive.
    It is a good idea not to be personally abusive (love the sinner hate the sin kind of stuff) but it is also Ok to be assertive rather than confrontational.
    We all drop below ideal standards from time to time, but there is enough wit and humour on this site to compensate for any dark moments.
  • Options
    DA9 said:

1StevieG said:

DA9 said:

Come on then, outside!
    Can you two either get a room or at least visit the "lurve" thread.

• Options

I have to say that following several digs after posting something I'm posting a lot less now.

I used to feel as though this was a forum of like minded 'friends'. Now I view it as a hostile place where there are people just waiting to stick the knife in. For that reason I now don't bother to post as much.

I hope the change is not irreversible, but if it keeps going the way it has been I can see people giving up coming here permanently.

Don't let the debate stifling cyber bullies win!

You write your own blog so are very capable of defending your corner.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    I think I'm the same in person as I am on here I'm afraid. Well, I hope I am anyway..
  • Options
    My main previous experience with forums has been with political ones, and to a lesser extent music ones. I have to say that this is pretty mild and exactly the same discussions about people over-reacting and baiting.

It is in part the nature of the beast and only moderation can deal with it, though there are sites that get "moderated to death" as they become so boring no one bothers any more. So it's a delicate balance but some offence is inevitable.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

1StevieG said:

DA9 said:

Come on then, outside!
    We all know they're all pussies in Greenhithe..........................
    Mean streets
  • Options

DA9 said:

1StevieG said:

DA9 said:

Come on then, outside!
    Can you two either get a room or at least visit the "lurve" thread.
    :-)

• Options
    DA9 said:

Only cause me legs playing me up!

; )
  • Options
    Take abuse in your stride.

A lot more to life than worrying about some keyboard warrior slagging you off behind a computer.
  • Options
    I think I have been guilty of aggression at times too, but because I am a woman I'm not taken too seriously lol. I try and read every thread and get a balanced view before I post, however those that start getting racist I find it hard to control my anger at those people. Same in person though, my mouth has got me into trouble quite a few times.

Those of you that are in doubt though of the good hearted people we have on this forum read the autism, mental health, the hardest decision... threads. The RIP Threads, the get well soon threads, the looking for work thread etc etc. Football is a very passionate sport with very passionate fans, as a result people can let their emotions run wild and lose a bit of self control, that is probably to be expected on a football forum, particularly during a debate. My advice; keep posting, keep reading and keep being yourself, if you offend someone will tell you if they offend tell them. There is no other thread like this one for community spirit and compassion, you need to look past the occassional little digs, beside most wums end up banned sooner or later.
  • Options
    I reckon I'm a lot more mouthy on here than in person, where I creep around with my eyes down avoiding human interaction, terrified that some big rough type might pick on me.
  • Options
    You wouldn't want to stifle good debate, but I wish people would just be a bit more polite.

I can be blunt or sarcastic with people from time to time just like anyone else, so I wouldn't want to seem like I'm taking the moral high ground, but before I hit 'Post Comment' I try to count to 10 and think - would I say this if I knew the other posters real name and they were stood in front of me. If the answer is no, I don't post it. I think it's a reasonable expectation that a certain amount of civility should be maintained by everyone who uses the site and if you really must have 'personal' digs at someone, keep it to your inboxes.

I am however the kind of person that shys away from conflict so what I would say to someone's face will vary to other people!
  • Options
    I Love charlton

This Board is weird

But u also all Love charlton

Well Said those who live
  • Options
    And when u say weird... Those who make this Board Happen, this freedomw of Speech, Guys i Salute u. Its just intimidating for the newbie
  • Options
    Ex is the modicum of decency

Read the Töne of his Post. Someone Else Tell him he is Luverlee
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Some people look at the user names rather than the posts.
  • Options
    Rf10

He comes from tivoli

He is One and own pel-eeeeeee

Ricardo oh oh
  • Options

Ex is the modicum of decency

Read the Töne of his Post. Someone Else Tell him he is Luverlee

Lol, you can tell me yourself you know, I definitely won't be offended.

• Options
    Lol. Ur Post was beautiful. Pure love nö hate who can argue with that ?
  • Options
    SE10 said:

A lot more to life than worrying about some keyboard warrior slagging you off behind a computer.

Well said.... tosser ;)
  • Options
    Ill ASK a Question

When i was 11 i Went Soccer School in New Ethan

Curbs was there

Also there was some obskure Player Dave Mehmet

Are u him.? Im now 31 so that Would make u 45 or so. Just Out of interested dm
  • Options
    No not me, he is probably the worse player I've ever seen play for us!
  • Options
    Think Dave has been asked if he has been a few things. Usually by the pervert police ;o)
  • Options

SE10 said:

Well said.... tosser ;)
    Admin?! I'm offended!
  • Options
    Äh but he exists?