Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Liverpool v Man United: Shelvey just sent off

A tad harsh to say the least. Liverpool were well on top.

Comments

• Options
    In live, I immediately thought it was a red, no complaints. Slow mo from the low angle and I think it was harsh
  • Options
    Game spoilt now.
  • Options
    I have no particular affection for either team, but I was hoping Liverpool would stuff Man U. Shame for Shelvey - I agree - harsh.
  • Options
    @AFKA

Yes, I thought the same.
  • Options
    Same ... Thought straight red in slo mo looked harsh...
  • Options
    Ridiculous decision. A strong challenge, no more.
  • Options
    And he had a go at ferguson as he went off...
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Never a red. In any other game but this derby it'd been a yellow.
  • Options
    I assume we negotiated a clause in his contract that we'd receive a payment when he received his first red card so I'm quite happy
  • Options
    Considering Evra hacked down Sterling and didn't even get a yellow minutes earlier. Joke decision.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    he wasn;t a happy bunny...........
  • Options
    Agreed, was harsh. Not sure he needed to dive in like that though. I immediately thought red but with benefit of the replay a yellow, unfortunately the ref doesn't have the benefit of that, pretty sure he'd hold his hands up after seeing it again.
  • Options
    wonder what he said to fergie, made himself look at tit there
  • Options
    Great punditry from Neville there, both players out of control, both should meet the same punishment
  • Options
    Neville says Evans should have got a red. From replay his foot bounces off Evans foot making it look worse than it was.
  • Options
    Don't think it was a red but was really stupid regardless.
  • Options
    Both reds for me
  • Options
    Could have easily been a red for both players, but go in like Shelvey did and you risk being sent off. Can be no criticism of the ref in those circumstances imo. Liverpool have looked good in that half, will be interesting to see how they set up for the remainder of the match now.
  • Options
    And shelves has already made contact with the ball by that point ...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Gerard just scored. Nice one.
  • Options
    what was the goal like any good?
  • Options
    Excellent, on the edge of the box in the middle, fired into the left corner.
    Rafael just scored a great equaliser.
  • Options
    I do love another Shelvey thread...................

;-)
  • Options
    and i missed em both. Turned to channel 409 and so saw incident then lost picture and now got a clear picture
  • Options
    If anyone should get a red its Evans in my opinion
  • Options
    Yet another one where video technology may have lead to a different outcome. If they want to rule out that kind of tackle then they have to insist that you can only make a tackle whilst standing.
  • Options
    should have been two yellows and a 'calming' speech from Halsey .. once again one of the season's classics has been spoilt
  • Options
    He sent off our very own Stevie Brown as I recall for a similar challenge at the Valley one night, was it Southampton?
  • Options
    Just gave MU a penalty which on the replay looks soft. A weird one as he looks to fall before the challenge comes in.
    Also turned down a penalty appeal for Evans on Suarez that looked like a pen.