Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Spitting

I think spitting is disgusting anyway and totally unnecessary, but I was disgusted to see David De Gea spit 3 times whilst the teams were waiting to go out on the pitch at Anfield today. Whilst I don't condone it, at least spitting on grass will allow it to soak into the grass, but on a hard floor, someone else has to clear it up. I bet he wouldn't spit on his own kitchen floor, or maybe he would! Players need to learn that they are role models and this does not set a good example at all.

Comments

• Options
    Don't know how it's going to be stopped. I'm just surprised that a TB epidemic hasn't occurred yet. The worst thing though is young girls seem to be doing it in the street. Very fetching or do I mean wretching!.
  • Options
    I blame the Everton player FLEMini........
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Dont do it myself, but manage to get by without caring if others do
  • Options
    There's no excuse before the game. During it i can understand, get tht dry spit build up and u don't really wanna swallow it.
  • Options
    They do things differently in Spain !!
  • Options
    Do they do it differently in Denmark too??

It's actually Lindegaard in goal today & I did see him spit once on the floor while they were in the tunnel...hope there was a spittoon there, but pretty disgusting if not.
  • Options
    MattD said:

Dont do it myself, but manage to get by without caring if others do

I'm with you, but don't like being a victim of friendly fire!
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:

Do they do it differently in Denmark too??

It's actually Lindegaard in goal today & I did see him spit once on the floor while they were in the tunnel...hope there was a spittoon there, but pretty disgusting if not.

I thought the Danes were so hygenic .. until I went to Copenhagen
  • Options

I think spitting is disgusting anyway and totally unnecessary, but I was disgusted to see David De Gea spit 3 times whilst the teams were waiting to go out on the pitch at Anfield today. Whilst I don't condone it, at least spitting on grass will allow it to soak into the grass, but on a hard floor, someone else has to clear it up. I bet he wouldn't spit on his own kitchen floor, or maybe he would! Players need to learn that they are role models and this does not set a good example at all.

I'm glad someone posted this. Was watching in disbelief on the tv. Some poor bastard has to clean that up, complete lack of disrespect from Lindegaard.
  • Options
    Wouldn't have happened in the olympics blah blah blah ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    On the pitch sure. Otherwise it's mank and there's no reason.
  • Options
    Sorry, didn't realise it was Lindegaard, so apologies to De Gea. It was still absolutely disgusting and Man Utd should fine him for such appalling behaviour.
  • Options
    I have no problems with players spitting during the 90 mins - anyone who has played football knows that you get a build up of flem & either have to spit or blow your nose.................anywhere else then its a disgusting thing to do (esp if its before the match & not on grass)
  • Options
    Why can't it be swallowed?
  • Options
    Haha

You should see What it's like in china

Could drive an Englishman nuts

Spitting in restaurants and all sorts...

Walking down the street with shoelaces touching floor will inevitably lead to spit covered laces

Plus there is the accompanying sound

Have seriously been considering some kind of study into the phenomenon... liiiike, am sure most spitting is not physiological... there is a huge psychological dimension. I wonder How this differs between cultures
  • Options

Cos it's like bubbly dry saliva but your throat and mouth is dry so it's difficult to swallow. Don't like spitting but when playin sometimes you need to do it.

*cue sexual innuendos
  • Options
    oh alright then
    The worst thing though is young girls seem to be doing it in the street.
    you should ask if they spit or swallow
  • Options
    I blame Bob Carolgees meself! The man is the devil!

• Options

Cos it's like bubbly dry saliva but your throat and mouth is dry so it's difficult to swallow. Don't like spitting but when playin sometimes you need to do it.

*cue sexual innuendos
    no comment.
  • Options
    Filthy primitive habit. I remember seeing Billy Davies constantly spitting in the technical area... foul! In some ways we've gone back to medieval times!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Filthy primitive habit. I remember seeing Billy Davies constantly spitting in the technical area... foul! In some ways we've gone back to medieval times!

Better that than Phil Neal picking his hooter and eating it!
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Understandable although unedifying for players in the heat of a match.

No excuse whatsoever off the pitch though.

What's wrong with a handkerchief or tissue?
  • Options
    I hold my hands up. I am a spitter
  • Options
    Don't like doing it in public, but when running i always find myself gobbing on the pavement.
  • Options
    Anyone had the pleasure of the oh so lovely hocking it up in south east Asia-it is just grim!
  • Options
    I'm glad someone brought this up!, I think its disgusting,some players will spit 3 -4 times.or its 2 fingers on bridge of nose and blow.I can remember standing down the front at the valley as a school boy watching Stanley Mathews,certainly don't remember seeing the bad habits of today...perhaps it shouldn't be shown shown in clase up on the box,doesn't do the player any favors. Don't remember seeing much of that during the England girls matches.
  • Options
    Disgusting habit in public, no matter what. Love the way they blow their noses with their fingers then slap hands with the sub as they come off! Yuch!
  • Options
    When people start hawking up their lungs in public, I'm prett relieved when they spit it on the floor. It's when you see them swallow it that makes me wretch.
  • Options

Haha

You should see What it's like in china

Could drive an Englishman nuts

Spitting in restaurants and all sorts...

Walking down the street with shoelaces touching floor will inevitably lead to spit covered laces

Plus there is the accompanying sound

Have seriously been considering some kind of study into the phenomenon... liiiike, am sure most spitting is not physiological... there is a huge psychological dimension. I wonder How this differs between cultures

Sounds like a few people would have heart attacks if they came to China.

The worst I've seen so far was an older chap pinch one of his nostrils and snot all over a (pretty decent) restaurants floor, no one said a word.

If you can walk 10mins down the road without hearing someone spit it's either 2am or you're very, very lucky. I wonder how SARS managed to spread to quickly....
  • Options
    Spitting is understandable on the pitch, but the 'snot rocket's' are gross. Saw one get caught in the wind once and end up down another players leg!