Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton vs. Blackburn | 29th September 2012 | Match Preview, Predictions, Teams, News & Views

Comments

• if or back 4 play up the pitch, we have a better chance.
  • 2-1 rovers
  • unchanged team, performance similar to that against Leicester, BWP scores, win 1-0 after 8 very nervous added minutes
  • COME ON YOU HADDOCK AND CHIP LOVERS!!!

3-1 haddocks.
  • Blackburn used a 4-2-3-1 system in their last match against Middlesbrough, with Murphy & Etuhu in Central midfield, Nuno Gomes in behind Rhodes at CF, Nunes on the left & Ribeiro on the right.
    They struggled against opponents using quick direct attacking play from midfield and showed a number of weaknesses. Robinson struggled on crosses and Blackburn struggled as a team on set plays. In open play, both full backs, Olsen & Orr, struggled in 1 v 1 situations and Givet at left centre back was vulnerable against passes played down the side, as occured on the first Boro goal. Etuhu & Murphy failed to protect the central defence when Boro attacked quickly through the central areas, leaving Dann & Givet exposed on a number of occasions.

In attacking play, both full backs got forward to join in the build up quickly, combining with Nunes & Ribeiro, to look for 2 v 1 situations. Nuno Gomes may be difficult to pick-up in the hole behind Rhodes, who operated at the point of the attack.

There are obviously a number of areas we can take advantage of, providing we get the greater share of possession in central midfield. CP reverted to a standard 4-4-2 at Ipswich, which improved upon the Diamond system of the previous 4 games. It will be interesting to see how he sets the team up for this one and deals with Nuno Gomes if he operates in a deep-lying position again. As WSS says in his excellent preview, a score draw looks on the cards.
  • Rhodes off for simulation in first 5 minutes. Fuller runs amok, wins 2 penalties.

3-0.
  • Off field nonsense will galvanise an already very strong (at this level) Rovers side. Hope I'm wrong but a 3-1 defeat seems likely.
  • a draw would be a major result for us
    can see there being a hatful of goals 2-5 to rovers
  • Blackburn have always been a bit of a "bogey" team for us. Stopped us making an immediate return to the old First division with a 4-3 home defeat in the 50s' on the last game of the season and then later beat us at Wembley 1-0 in the final of the old league cup. My first trip back to The Valley this week after about a year away so looking forward to us breaking the voodoo and collecting 3 points. 1-0 will do me.
  • and then later beat us at Wembley 1-0 in the final of the old league cup.

it was the 'full members cup' not sure if there was a sponsor at the time
  • Sponsored links:

• 2-1 Charlton Fuller Bwp
  • Yes, you are right. Thanks. Just remember it was a bitterly cold day and we lost in the last minutes. Very poor game and a long, long journey home.
  • A win for us would be a great birthday present for me too!
  • Tutt-Tutt said:

Blackburn used a 4-2-3-1 system in their last match against Middlesbrough, with Murphy & Etuhu in Central midfield, Nuno Gomes in behind Rhodes at CF, Nunes on the left & Ribeiro on the right.
    They struggled against opponents using quick direct attacking play from midfield and showed a number of weaknesses. Robinson struggled on crosses and Blackburn struggled as a team on set plays. In open play, both full backs, Olsen & Orr, struggled in 1 v 1 situations and Givet at left centre back was vulnerable against passes played down the side, as occured on the first Boro goal. Etuhu & Murphy failed to protect the central defence when Boro attacked quickly through the central areas, leaving Dann & Givet exposed on a number of occasions.

In attacking play, both full backs got forward to join in the build up quickly, combining with Nunes & Ribeiro, to look for 2 v 1 situations. Nuno Gomes may be difficult to pick-up in the hole behind Rhodes, who operated at the point of the attack.

There are obviously a number of areas we can take advantage of, providing we get the greater share of possession in central midfield. CP reverted to a standard 4-4-2 at Ipswich, which improved upon the Diamond system of the previous 4 games. It will be interesting to see how he sets the team up for this one and deals with Nuno Gomes if he operates in a deep-lying position again. As WSS says in his excellent preview, a score draw looks on the cards.

This sort of analysis really isn't standard football forum stuff, and I'm reall grateful to @Tutt-Tutt for his contributions.

If you are.going.Saturday, have a good read again of this excellent analysis, and have it in mind when viewing the game and posting your post match stuff.
  • 0-2 I'm afraid...
  • 2-1 addicks with Fuller on the mark again.....but we need a quick start and put them on the back foot so they are chasing the game....otherwise I fear we could find a reverse score.
  • 2-0 Blackburn
  • Tutt-Tutt said:

Blackburn used a 4-2-3-1 system in their last match against Middlesbrough, with Murphy & Etuhu in Central midfield, Nuno Gomes in behind Rhodes at CF, Nunes on the left & Ribeiro on the right.

This sort of analysis really isn't standard football forum stuff, and I'm reall grateful to @Tutt-Tutt for his contributions.

If you are.going.Saturday, have a good read again of this excellent analysis, and have it in mind when viewing the game and posting your post match stuff.
    Yes very interesting read. Is @Tut-Tut a football scout then?
  • 1 nil us. El Karkouri free kick late on
  • Sponsored links:

• Tutt-Tutt said:

I never knew Gary Neville was a Charlton fan!

Nice one Tutt Tutt.

Can't really call this one so I'll go for a 1-1
  • 1-3 blackburn. Can't see us getting anything from this game. Obviously hope I'm wrong.
  • Everyone seems to think there will be goals, so I will go for 0-0 as it might suit both teams
  • I think we will score, but we seem to concede soft goal(s). 1-2.
  • I can't see us winning this one.But I will go with a 2-2 draw.
  • Tutt-Tutt said:

Yeh, whatever. How many goals are gonna be scored and what colour underpants is the ref gonna wear? That's what I want to know.
  • Tutt-Tutt said:

Tutt Tutt - CAFC Head of opposition scouting
  • Yes, you are right. Thanks. Just remember it was a bitterly cold day and we lost in the last minutes. Very poor game and a long, long journey home.

I was there, after all it was the only time we would ever see Charlton at Wembley! I was so pleased Blackburn scored, i could not have faced another 30 minutes of the rubbish both sides served up on that day.
  • Il go for 1-1 with fingers crossed tightly
  • I'd be happy with a draw, Blackburn may have lost their last game, but it was their first defeat in the league, and they're 3rd.