Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Who killed JFK?

1235»

Comments

• Options

Its not always about what to gain but more about revenge

1. for bay of pigs
    2. looking into their activities
    3. Nothing. They were blamed to tie Oswald into it
    4. As above
    5. As you say, the presidency.

Yeah something I didn't bring up is Oliver Stone's theory that JFK was killed so the military industrial complex could expand the Vietnam War. While war is excellent business in this country, and Vietnam was something the CIA waa convinced was the best big battle ground for the Cold War from the '50s, that's kind of it. Everything else is circumstantial.

Again, that Fury over the Bay of Pigs, and how Kennedy handled the Cuban Missile Crisis raged strong amongst those who wanted to go into Cuba again. Yes, there were a lot of people in the general Intel community who felt he handled the Cuban Missile Crisis poorly, ans that the US should have conducted a first strike and invaded Cuba. We now know there were missiles that were fully operational that we didn't know about and had we done that a nuclear strike in the US would have been an almost certainty, leading to potential nuclear Armageddon.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

1. for bay of pigs
    4. As above

Yeah something I didn't bring up is Oliver Stone's theory that JFK was killed so the military industrial complex could expand the Vietnam War. While war is excellent business in this country, and Vietnam was something the CIA waa convinced was the best big battle ground for the Cold War from the '50s, that's kind of it. Everything else is circumstantial.

Again, that Fury over the Bay of Pigs, and how Kennedy handled the Cuban Missile Crisis raged strong amongst those who wanted to go into Cuba again. Yes, there were a lot of people in the general Intel community who felt he handled the Cuban Missile Crisis poorly, ans that the US should have conducted a first strike and invaded Cuba. We now know there were missiles that were fully operational that we didn't know about and had we done that a nuclear strike in the US would have been an almost certainty, leading to potential nuclear Armageddon.
    13 days (again staring Kevin Costner) is brilliant for showing how close we came to all being nuked.
  • Options
    There was a doc on a few months back that made a very good case for the head shot coming from a CIA agent accidentally as he drew his gun after the initial (non fatal) shot. It's the most compelling argument I've heard, and explains a lot about the subsequent cover up.

I'll see if I can find it.
  • Options
    Sounds like Quincy Jones knows!! :wink:
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:

Sounds like Quincy Jones knows!! :wink:

Thought this entire threadbump was for this!
  • Options
    rikofold said:

There was a doc on a few months back that made a very good case for the head shot coming from a CIA agent accidentally as he drew his gun after the initial (non fatal) shot. It's the most compelling argument I've heard, and explains a lot about the subsequent cover up.

I saw that too & found it highly unlikely - more obfuscation & "muddying the water"
  • Options
    Might start a book on which thread will conclude first...this one or the takeover.
  • Options
    There's no cover up. It's impossible for everyone involved to keep quiet.
  • Options

That is what I have trouble with too. However, having read a few books on it & seen various films & documentaries I can safely say that Oswald was not a "lone nut " gunman who just decided one day to shoot the President when he was in town. I have no idea who was behind it but Oswald did not act alone.
  • Options

1. for bay of pigs
    4. As above

I find the notion of revenge too hard to swallow.
    Even accepting that the level of anger etc within the CIA was that extreme over the bay of pigs.
    The notion that somebody within the organisation would take the decision to kill their president over it. Not only that but he/she would have had to conspire with others to make it happen; then to decide to do it openly, publicly and in a situation fraught with potential mishaps and imponderables.
    Then to keep it covered up. Not to mention the whole can of worms of their role with any future president and who runs the country etc.
    As to the mob? I don't doubt they have great power and influence, but if it became known they were behind the killing of the president I think surely a line would have been crossed that would invoke massive retribution.
    I am not saying that I believe LHO acted alone, merely that I am yet to be convinced otherwise.
    I accept though that I am not well read on the subject
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2018

That's the thing though, there have been far more deathbed confessions than there could have been shooters. There's a guy named James Files who was a low level players in the Chicago mafia who has a lengthy confession on YouTube that some people swear by, but which I and the people I respect in the field think is total bullshit.

You also have David Phillips confessing to certain parts on his deathbed, there's the famous E. Howard Hunt confession from Rolling Stone. The problem with the latter is that he mysteriously forgot to include his own name, which is weird.

Lastly, a subpoena to testify before the House Select Committee on Assassinations turned out to be incredibly deadly. It strangely killed Roselli, De Morenscheldt (sp, a White Russian and Intel operative and Oswald's best friend in Dallas) David Morales, and one of the job bosses (I think Giancana).
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    rikofold said:

When you say CIA do you by chance mean Secret Service? The theory that I think it was Agent Hickey fires the head shot?
  • Options
    Was it Yvette Fielding, Mark Curry and Eddie Large?