Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Steve Kean Resigned tonight!

Comments

• Options
    I presume Eric Black is now in charge for tomorrow's game?
  • Options
    Has mentioned that he can's say much as it's in the hands of his lawyers. So is obviously looking for constructive dismissal case.
    Feel sorry for the guy as he seems to have been a deadman walking since taking over.
  • Options
    @sportingintel Steve Kean was (is??) at #rovers pre-match hotel in London. Eric Black expected to take charge for Charlton game on Saturday.
  • Options
    5-0 Blackburn
  • Options
    Brilliant timing, their players will be unsettled. The team would have been picked, the game-plan sorted out and they will be set-up against our set plays. It's a case of whether they are on it 100%. They might not be and we need to take advantage.
  • Options
    Just started a thread about this without noticing this one. Have to say the guy got a rough deal. As clueless as he seemingly is. And the amount spent on Rhodes and then to lose the manager seems a very odd move.
  • Options
    Tutt-Tutt said:

Brilliant timing, their players will be unsettled. The team would have been picked, the game-plan sorted out and they will be set-up against our set plays. It's a case of whether they are on it 100%. They might not be and we need to take advantage.

Personally I can't see any of that changing for tomorrow.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    I predict that they will beat us now..........echoes of 1998 when we went to Ewood after another managerial dismissal - they hadn't won in ages & they beat us 1-0 !!!

Also I believe Eric Black has a good record as a temp manager.
  • Options

I predict that they will beat us now..........echoes of 1998 when we went to Ewood after another managerial dismissal - they hadn't won in ages & they beat us 1-0 !!!

Also I believe Eric Black has a good record as a temp manager.

Golfie in pessimistic mood shock horror...

Eric Black's record as a temp manager: played two, lost two.

Got that one wrong as well...

• Options
    WSS said:

@sportingintel Steve Kean was (is??) at #rovers pre-match hotel in London. Eric Black expected to take charge for Charlton game on Saturday.

Kean definitely travelled down with the team today.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    WSSWSS
    edited September 2012
    The Blackburn Rovers Action Group statement read: "Following 654 days as manager, 373 days since the first protest, 74 matches, 37 defeats, one forfeit, one relegation, a third board of directors, three assistant managers and a community in mourning, today will go down as the day when Blackburn Rovers was liberated from the man who has brought a whole club's supporter base to their knees with tears.

"They have had thoughts of helplessness and pure anguish at what they have seen unfold at Blackburn Rovers since that ill-fated day he was appointed in December 2010.

"Never in the club's history has one man brought so much despair to the terraces and survived against all odds like Steve Kean has managed to - until today."
  • Options
    Lol!
  • Options
    Valley11 said:

5-0 Blackburn

Strange, I had a dream that we won 5 - 0.
  • Options
    Chickened out.
  • Options
    He's plucked off then.
  • Options
    I bet he cries fowl when they only offer chicken feed as compensation
  • Options
    Flew the coop before he got stuffed
  • Options
    the away lot will be well eggcitable beak-ause Kean has gone
  • Options
    Lets hope we're 5-0 up tomorrow , and the North Stand start singing .....One Steve Keen , there's only One Steve Keen....
  • Options
    I heard there'd been several breaches of discipline and they were going to throw the book, book, book at him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hmmm it's about what we do at the end of the day.
    They will have a caretaker manager, it's bad news for them on the pitch defiantly.
  • Options
    he is indeed not the 'cock o' the north'.
  • Options
    @bloodnut that'll be me then ;o)
  • Options
    Gotta feel sorry for all the Blackburn fans.

What on earth are they gonna sing about now?
  • Options
    The Venkys.
  • Options
    Birds of a feather I say
  • Options
    I really can't see anyone with a real football management/coaching pedigree being happy working under Shebby Singh and this was probably the last straw for Kean. If you have ever watched him on TV as a pundit you would know what I mean. I went to a function with other members of the ESPN/Star sports presenting team and they spent a lot of time taking the p!ss out of Shebby.

I am hoping that he will personally take charge of Blackburn today!
  • Options
    Team may band together under the Capt and play like demons. The sense of crisis and change might promote a go for it attitude that would scupper our rather slow side.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    RESIGN YESTERDAY EVENING! YA GONNA RESIGN YESTERDAY EVENING!
  • Options
    It weakens them for today's game .. their collective mind will be on other things