Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Steve Kean Resigned tonight!

13»

Comments

• Options
    Their fans will be up for it much more and communicate it to the team. I suppose Eric Black will take charge, and the players will also be up for showing whoever what they can do.
    We were two divisions apart last season so I think the resignation/sacking of Kean is better for them than for us because they still have some players with premiership nous.
    I hope we approach this game as difficult and tough, and compete in all areas...if we get sidetracked by Murphy, or that awful ref, we will lose focus...we need to arrive at the Valley today on buisness.
  • Options
    SCP up to 34th in the manager longevity list now.
  • Options
    I think Seth calls it right - it's going to be a tough game, but then I thought it would be tough before Kean went.
  • Options
    Our lot were shellshocked when Curbs announced his departure, ironically before a home game against Blackburn, perhaps the same will happen to them.

Doubt it though!
  • Options
    WSS said:

The Blackburn Rovers Action Group statement read: "Following 654 days as manager, 373 days since the first protest, 74 matches, 37 defeats, one forfeit, one relegation, a third board of directors, three assistant managers and a community in mourning, today will go down as the day when Blackburn Rovers was liberated from the man who has brought a whole club's supporter base to their knees with tears.

"They have had thoughts of helplessness and pure anguish at what they have seen unfold at Blackburn Rovers since that ill-fated day he was appointed in December 2010.

"Never in the club's history has one man brought so much despair to the terraces and survived against all odds like Steve Kean has managed to - until today."

That's completely ridiculous. To blame it all on one man is just too easy. The whole club is a basket case.
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

SCP up to 34th in the manager longevity list now.

Currently eight managers (including Blackburn's vacancy) who've been on the list for 31 days or less.
  • Options
    It looks as if Kean will, indeed, be going for constructive dismissal. The Guardian says it is understood that the Venkys ( presumably through that renowned football guru, Shebby Singh), were seeking to influence team selecting for today's game. Kean will be in a better negotiating position ( and on the higher moral ground ) than if he simply awaited the boot tonight or in the next week or two.

It will lift their fans - not that there will be too many here - and I doubt that it will affect things that much on the field.

I was looking forward to the full comedic circus coming to the Valley, so it's a bit of a shame that a little of the drama will be lost. I see that Murphy is a doubt.
  • Options
    He's applied for the Blackpool job
  • Options
    Seriously, he just needs to go and find something that he is good at. His reputation in Football is beyond repair.
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:

He's applied for the Blackpool job

the job no-one seems to want. Even Karl Robinson said no.