Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Who lives nearest to the ground?

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2012
    I used to live in Elmers End, that was very near to a sceptic tank where a large number of paper bags gathered every other saturday

• Options

I live in the big screen. Can anyone beat that?

Are you a Crayfiiiiiiiiiiiiiish?
    OMG I'VE BEEN RUMBLED......

*Gets coat and runs!!!!!!!*
  • Options
    Blackheath too
  • Options
    I live in a cubical in the east stand toilets... the ladies obviously, I have some standards
  • Options
    Huskaris said:

Huskaris said:

Practically live on westcombe park train station so about a mile as the crow flies. Thought there would be a lot more people closer than this!!!

Is that in one those 'trendy flats', right by the station (only I viewed one of them in 2009).
    It is actually yeah!
    Which one did you view?
    To be honest I can't remember, It was quite nice though but the agent and bloke that owned it messed us about a bit so we didn't bother with it in the end, seem to think it was at ground level. In the end we ended up renting for a year in Lee before moving down to Hastings....hope you like living where you are...very handy for the trains...alot of Charlton fans would love to live there.
  • Options
    I'm probably one of the furthest away..........Manduarh, Western Australia..........10,000 moles or so away from the Valley!
  • Options
    Live on Charlton Lane, 0.5 miles according to AA route planner.
  • Options
    Lived at No.28 (or was it 27?) Floyd Road, now a marathon distance away in the wild's on Kent.

Speaking of marathons, when I bought my first flat up on Charlton Curch Lane I stupidly thought to myself "It's just round the corner. I don't need a moving van". And so began the longest day of my (and my best mate's) life, humping all my cr#p up that hill.

cost me more in beer and curry than the van would have been. Happy memories!
  • Options
    We used to dream of living in a sceptic tank...
  • Options
    I live in cubicle 3 of the toilets at the south end of the east stand but only in an alternative reality.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Lived in Delafield road for a short while.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    My mum once said to my dad ...'you spend so much time down there (meaning The Valley and Charlton dog track) we might as well move there'. But we never did.
    Since '56 when we left Abbey Wood been gradually drifting further away via Kent and Surrey from J2a of the M26 to J9 of the M25.
  • Options
    March51 said:

My mum once said to my dad ...'you spend so much time down there (meaning The Valley and Charlton dog track) we might as well move there'. But we never did.
    Since '56 when we left Abbey Wood been gradually drifting further away via Kent and Surrey from J2a of the M26 to J9 of the M25.

Dorking, March51 ?
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Just moved to Ashtead (nr. Leatherhead) from Reigate way, Fanny. Are you in this direction then?
  • Options

Surrey. Let me know if I win.

You win the "I'm surrounded by Nigels" award. Well done.

Dont I know it
  • Options
    Not me I am in carshalton
  • Options

Where in Surrey I'm Surrey

• Options
    edited October 2012

a well know lifer used to live a mile from sellout park ;-)

(but it WAS while we were playing home games there)
  • Options

a well know lifer used to live a mile from sellout park ;-)

(but it WAS while we were playing home games there)
    Ooh, the shame.

Not me. I live in Bermondsey. Would love to move closer though.
  • Options
    Barney close
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I'm probably one of the furthest away..........Manduarh, Western Australia..........10,000 moles or so away from the Valley!

So did you measure one standard mole and x it by 10,000 or did you actually lay down individual moles as you went from here to there? Sounds a bit low to me. Moles aren't that long, 6inches or so.
  • Options
    Ledge said:

Carshalton beeches
  • Options
    Uboat said:

The reason I ask is that last Friday, I was walking to the ground after parking the car and a bloke in his driveway said, 'Are Charlton playing tonight?' I thought, it weird that he lives a five minute walk from the ground and he says 'Charlton' instead of 'we'. Do people in the immediate location actually support the club? Does anyone in Floyd Road stroll out of their house at 2.50 and take their seat by kick off?

In Fever Pitch, Nick Hormby gets to live next to Highbury and finds no Arsenal supporters there...

I live in Golders Green, so claim the prize for leaving nearest Uboat
  • Options
    Ledge said:

Nigels
  • Options
    My aunt lives in Harvey Gardens, the Valley is like 100 metres from her house... and she hates football.
  • Options
    BIG UP FOR THE SURREY MASSIVE!
  • Options

Ledge said:

Carshalton beeches

I'm carshalton as well !! You must be that car I see with cafc badge in window
  • Options

Ledge said:

Nigels
    Up yours
  • Options
    Lived on the Old Woolwich Road next to the Antigalligan......now live in USA
  • Options
    Not me but family: Grandfather and great aunt grew up Woolwich Road opposite Eastmoor Street, Dad was born Woolwich Road (closer to the Anti) and after the Woolwich Road was widened my great aunt moved to Charlton Lane backing on to the East Terrace/Stand. All Addicks