Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Working a night shift...

edited October 2012 in Not Sports Related
It's 23:25. I'm at work until 7am. Anyone else working tonight please post... Or even if your up late....

The joys...

Comments

• My brother went to work this morning at 8. He is coming home tomorrow morning at 8. He is a mad man.
  • edited October 2012
    16:53 here in Alberta so I haven't even left work for the weekend yet.

Long weekend this weekedn though for Thanksgiving - going to pick up my 14 lb Turkey from a friend who has a Buffalo and Turkey Farm (weird mix I know) so the Missus and I will be eating Turkey for the next fortnight!
  • 16:53 here in Alberta so I haven't even left work for the weekend yet.

Long weekend this weekedn though for Thanksgiving - going to pick up my 14 lb Turkey from a friend who has a Buffalo and Turkey Farm (weird mix I know) so the Missus and I will be eating Turkey for the next fortnight!

Rub it in why don't you.
  • Just enjoying a beer or two Cray.

Cheers.
  • Just finished my shift at fun express - i do envy these people that have set days off they can look forward to - the joys of having a weekend!
  • Just finished my shift at fun express - i do envy these people that have set days off they can look forward to - the joys of having a weekend!

I don't like people who have weekend off, makes me feel bitter and evil.
  • edited October 2012

16:53 here in Alberta so I haven't even left work for the weekend yet.

Rub it in why don't you.

Well if it's any consolation I've probably got to go into work tomorrow to do all the stuff I didn't get done this week because I've been dealing with other people's problems all week.
  • Yep I'm in 10 till 7 right through the weekend so that should keep you happy no weekend for me either :-/
  • Up late - waiting for crickets highlights to come on at 1.30 . Used to do night shifts many years ago - could never get used to them after many years - especially when finishing at 7 on saturday morning and then having to be in for 7 on Monday morning - weekend totally lost trying to get back into the ;swing'
  • Sorry cray - not at work. Pissed up with off it.missus hates me. Sort of wish I was at work. Weirdly used to quite like doing the night shift - time and half!
  • Sponsored links:

• 4 bowman said:

Yep I'm in 10 till 7 right through the weekend so that should keep you happy no weekend for me either :-/

I'm on the same shift... Hmmm could it be?

• I just got home. I work 9-8 through friday and saturday night. Everyone else is out clubbing and getting bladdered.

Work is literally ruining my life.
  • could it be .....................a similar company
  • I was a night shift veteran at HMV... was a crazy nightmare, money was good though.
  • Understand how you feel mate. I worked night shifts for years and it really got to me.
    Hopefully you'll manage to get off them sometime.
    Until then, this sums it up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUcKeKt8C1k

• I was on the night shift last nifght midnight - 4 off tonight then back in Sunday midnight - 4.
  • edited October 2012
    Night shifts is a funny old existence. Now many years ago but 12 hour night shifts, Mon,Tue,Fri,Sat,Sun,Wed,Thu over a two week period then days, I did that for 5 long years. The only way I found that the body clock could deal with it was to fill in my off days with o/t funny enough. Best time going home in the morning when every fecker was on their way into work, downside traveling in when everyone was off out. Never saw the sun in winter for two weeks at a time and was permanently half conscious. In the summer I slept on a sunbed in the garden and if it rained mum would pop out and put a tarpaulin over me. A world ago.
  • edited October 2012
    I love night work. Systems and networks guys in IT often work late at night as it's the only time maintenance/improvement work can be done without bringing systems down. I've done it for donkeys' years now and enjoy it - I can usually do most of it from home, but if I have to go to the office/a data centre, the roads are quiet, I can put music on wherever I'm working without disturbing anyone else and work entirely to my schedule. What's not to love about that?

Soapy - that sounds brilliant - I wish I had someone to put a tarpaulin over me. I did the chip & pin rollout for Tesco aeons ago and it involved working round the country at Tesco stores overnight. In the summer I used to regularly get home at about 9 in the morning then kip in the garden. Woke up one morning to find I was absolutely soaked through - I think it had been raining that fine, misty rain for about an hour. Almost caught bloody pneumonia.
  • MattD said:

I just got home. I work 9-8 through friday and saturday night. Everyone else is out clubbing and getting bladdered.

Feel for you working them hours, hope your paid well.

I find the toughest part of doing nights is that middle of the night feeling, around 3 or 4am.. Hate it. Especially with my job dealing with people's problems all the time..
  • Gonna be some sweet sounds going down on the night shift.

Moans, groans and farts :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Davo55 said:

Gonna be some sweet sounds going down on the night shift.

Moans, groans and farts :-)

Moans? You going to be spanking the chariot whilst at work :-O
  • just starting the 2nd of three night shifts. don't find them too bad, less nutters on the road to get in the way.
  • I'm back in at 2200 tonight. Last one!!!
  • edited October 2012

MattD said:

I just got home. I work 9-8 through friday and saturday night. Everyone else is out clubbing and getting bladdered.

Feel for you working them hours, hope your paid well.

I find the toughest part of doing nights is that middle of the night feeling, around 3 or 4am.. Hate it. Especially with my job dealing with people's problems all the time..
    Rubbish pay, Sainsburys, just woke up, now to get ready and go in again..
    Its so boring I feel like it will end up dumbing me down/
    Not easy though, rushing about the whole time, given way more hours to complete than I have time for, then get absolutely annihilated if I dont finish.
  • I work the occasional night shift.
    The best part is going home at 7.30 just as everyone else is going to work.
  • strange im in tonight as well last one till wednesday :-))
  • Started at midnight just finishing shall be on my way home in 5 minutes.
  • just been out at carnage (northern crazy night out). i'll be impressed if any of you know what it is
  • just been out at carnage (northern crazy night out). i'll be impressed if any of you know what it is

Student?
  • I worked shifts for about 8 years. Hated every minute of it.
    Summer time, for me, was absolute hell trying to sleep after a night shift.
    Suits some people but I cant see how, dont see your family or friends at normal times.