Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Swedish House Mafia

edited October 2012 in Not Sports Related
Was wondering if anyone was going to their one last tour? also if anyone had or knew of spare tickets for amsterdam on the 7th.

thanks

Comments

• Options
    i would imagine a few will come up on facebook towards the end of the month mate. half of bexleyheath seems to be going, so there will be a lot of drop outs.

not a Swedish fan at all but they do put on a good show.
  • Options
    Going to the Toronto gig in Feb at the Sky Dome. Should be a little different to MKB
  • Options
    Their last tour? Didn't they only pop up about a year ago? Nothing like feeding crap to people listening to mong music in order to whip up a frenzy to sell out arenas
  • Options
    mong music?

it is a massive publicity stunt and theres noway people are buying into this splitting up bollocks. like i said, im not a fan, but they put on a good show and anybody thats seen them live will prob want to see them again, thats why its sold out.
  • Options
    I am of the opinion that these three were miles better before they teamed up to create this Swedish House mafia nonsense. Axwell when I firts saw him in 2006 was incredible, hate the stuff they do now all a bit meh for me.
  • Options
    Don't they just play a mix on a laptop?
  • Options
    JT said:

Don't even start me on the whole Laptop thing David Guetta & his lot are a disgrace to all DJ's playing off them things, drives me mental.

• Options
    Saw DJ Jazzy Jeff play off a laptop in Southport 2 years back, probably one of the greatest sets I've ever heard. Not sure why you think they are 'a disgrace'?

Witnessed one of the first Swedish House Mafia shows at Koko a few years back and they completely ruined the night for me by playing a remix of Abba (Voulez-vouz)- shocking.

But then saw them at the WMC in Miami and they completely tore the place apart...incredible!
  • Options
    Ketman said:

JT said:

Don't even start me on the whole Laptop thing David Guetta & his lot are a disgrace to all DJ's playing off them things, drives me mental.

would you not use ableton live then ketters?
  • Options

Ketman said:

JT said:

Nope mate...never ...laptop's are deffo no no
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ketman said:

Ketman said:

JT said:

Nope mate...never ...laptop's are deffo no no
    cant remember the last time i went to a dance event/ibiza/club and didnt see a top dj have one along with using decks
  • Options
    Defected this year Morales, Kid Creme & junior Jack all using decks no Laptop, Carl cox at sands no laptop, sun terrace at space on sunday no laptop, I know this cos I am a nosey wotsit and its the first thing I go up and look at. All Dj's round pool at Es vive each day no laptop, Only laptop I remember seeing this summer was in a couple of bars in west end that hardly counts though :-)
  • Options
    its the best way of storing all your WAV. file tunes instead of searching through CD's, i use serato personally. also Sven Vath (Owner of Cocoon, big techno label) uses vinyls still. mark knight uses memory sticks i think.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Ketman said:

Defected this year Morales, Kid Creme & junior Jack all using decks no Laptop, Carl cox at sands no laptop, sun terrace at space on sunday no laptop, I know this cos I am a nosey wotsit and its the first thing I go up and look at. All Dj's round pool at Es vive each day no laptop, Only laptop I remember seeing this summer was in a couple of bars in west end that hardly counts though :-)

you go to the wrong nights mate, plus they are even older than you! ;-)
  • Options
    Thats weird as I saw Morales in Miami this March and he was only playing off a laptop.....and he looked bored.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    @DanDavis what was WMC like mate? hearing that the yanks are really taking to dance music at the moment, so imagine the atmosphere was good. seen a few Above & Beyond vids of their set and it did look impressive.

would absolutely love to go, but i think if i can blag a break from the missus next year it will be a wkend at Tomorrowland.
  • Options
    I must be too old for this thread, its all gone over my head. Next they'll be telling us an Ipod is a musical instrument...oh for the good old days.
  • Options
    Ultra Music Festival in Miami is the last of the big things left for me to do I think. I get all the Live sets sent over to me each year, some good some not so. Cannot work out why yanks are finally embracing what they created in the first place best part of 25 years ago, although they are a strange bunch.
  • Options
    edited October 2012

I must be too old for this thread, its all gone over my head. Next they'll be telling us an Ipod is a musical instrument...oh for the good old days.

you sound like my old man.

my favourite DJ's Above & Beyond produce their own music as well as DJing others. One member can play the guitar and another can play the piano. some of the music they create is classical and they also write their own lyrics. they just choose to accompany it with banging beats that makes your chest pump and lighting that will blind you for a week, in a club full of pill heads.

• Options
    Hey Gary, WMC was my dream holiday and was lucky enough to do it for the first time in 2009 (flying from the UK) and then again this year (now living in the states).

Dance music has definitely exploded in the US over that time but Miami is kind of a bubble so the effect there was negligible.

With Miami you just have to go with it....yeah its over the top, pretty expensive if you don't know where to go.....but the vibe is amazing. The daytime pool parties are ridic and literally every hotel lobby or rooftop has something going on, most of which are free.

Think of a season worth of Ibiza crammed into 10 days in one city and you get a feel for the amount of things going on. If you get a chance, definitely do it!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    As someone who finds the whole idea of paying a DJ £1000s ridiculous in itself, the idea of paying someone to push a button on their laptop is beyond the pale. Why not take it the whole hog and e-mail the "set" to several clubs and sit at home raking in the dosh?
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    i think you're taking the laptop thing a bit too literally.

a lot of DJ's use their laptops to edit or effect the tune that they are playingon the decks, using special software. Some do use it to help mix which is effectively cheating.
  • Options
    lol VG I'm guessing I'm nothing like your old man...musical taste has little to do with age.
  • Options

As someone who finds the whole idea of paying a DJ £1000s ridiculous in itself, the idea of paying someone to push a button on their laptop is beyond the pale. Why not take it the whole hog and e-mail the "set" to several clubs and sit at home raking in the dosh?

The irony of this is that some no talent DJ is probably already thinking of doing this.

• Options
    Email just sent!
  • Options
    Its the opposite of mong music..

Saw Avicii drop Antidote vs greyhound in Ibiza, was the bollocks
    Just missed seeing Sebastian Ingrosso on our last day as well
  • Options
    Shit, I must be getting old, never even heard if them.
  • Options
    Getting?
  • Options

Shit, I must be getting old, never even heard if them.

Beat me to it.....................