Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Swedish House Mafia

2»

Comments

• Options
    The non thinking man's 2 many dj's
  • Options
    A mate of mine had to dj before Calvin Harris a couple of years back , he plugged in his laptop and literally pressed play but still spent two hours twiddle knobs and pressing buttons as if he was djing .

There are still plenty of really good talented dj's out there but unfortunately there are a lot of the laptop brigade as well doing a good job of pretending.
  • Options
    david guetta admitted on jonathan ross that i got a feeling was the first track he played in a studio without his laptop and when he went to work on it with the black eyed peas he just plugged his laptop in because he wasnt sure about all the equipment, now look at him, one of the best djs in terms of success chartwise - you cant hear a song without it having david guetta related to it in some form it seems, and live he is amazing, and uses a bit more than a laptop now!
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    I've heard he is decent live but can't stand his music. He's a sell out.
  • Options
    I know someone that had loads of record companys interested in signing him about five years ago , offered all sorts of money and that he could have any of their artists sing on his tunes. He turned it all down and does his own thing which is very successful and he still has his integrity intact.
  • Options
    I often have the 'sell-out' discussion with my 'underground' DJ mates.

If you got a call saying would you remix the new, I dunno say Pitbull record for £50k, you'd take it right?

Fair play to those that do their own thing but I believe given the opportunity the absolute majority would swap it for exactly what Guetta has achieved.
  • Options
    DanDavis said:

I often have the 'sell-out' discussion with my 'underground' DJ mates.

If you got a call saying would you remix the new, I dunno say Pitbull record for £50k, you'd take it right?

Fair play to those that do their own thing but I believe given the opportunity the absolute majority would swap it for exactly what Guetta has achieved.

Well the mate I mentioned has been offered all sorts to do those sorts of things and refuses. There are other big name djs that will do those things but under an assumed name.