Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Electrician Needed

Comments

• Options
    Football cliche dictates that San Marino will have one
  • Options
    Any purple smoke from his chimney?
  • Options
    He's done a David Blaine. He obviously felt he didn't need mine or robbo's help
  • Options
    was this resolved? @ShootersHillGuru
  • Options
    If you have not got it sorted, let me know.
    NIC REG electrician, live welling.
    Cheap rates for addick lifers.
  • Options
    Thanks to all who responded particularly to those of you that offered personal help. In the end a neighbour told me of another neighbour that was in fact an electrician. I think he felt obliged to help and it transpires that there was a fault on the downstairs ring main. He's coming on Saturday to fix it properly after rigging me up temporary power when I had none. Funny stuff this electrickery. Thanks one and all.
  • Options

a fault on the downstairs ring main.

A constant problem for me!! ;-)

• Options
    I need an electrician PDQ. The washing machine door won't open and the switch is jammed on with a smell of burning. Can anyone recommend one in the Bexley area please
  • Options
    Try automatica in Crayford, they came out really quickly when I had a problem with mine..
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Bigmac said:

Try automatica in Crayford, they came out really quickly when I had a problem with mine..

Is that the place you told me to buy a washing machine from until my sister told me you bought yours from there and it was nothing but trouble?

McMoist I'd make sure you turn it off at the switch if you haven't already. That at least will make it safe. Did you know that you can get a white goods engineer out from British Gas these days to repair washing machines?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    buckshee said:

Bigmac said:

Is that the place you told me to buy a washing machine from until my sister told me you bought yours from there and it was nothing but trouble?

McMoist I'd make sure you turn it off at the switch if you haven't already. That at least will make it safe. Did you know that you can get a white goods engineer out from British Gas these days to repair washing machines?
    The switch is frozen in the on position. That's why I think it's electrical. Want someone to look at that first before I get someone to look at the machine.
  • Options
    I hope you have pulled the plug from the socket ?
  • Options
    Ring glass half empty. Player might know if he's free but might be on a job. Ill inbox you matts number.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Switch the circuit off at the fuse board first. That's the safest thing to do. Sound like maybe a loose cable in the switch has been sparking. Hopefully you'll just need the switch replacing.

Which switch is stuck on? The one on the wall or the one on the machine?
  • Options
    buckshee said:

Switch the circuit off at the fuse board first. That's the safest thing to do. Sound like maybe a loose cable in the switch has been sparking. Hopefully you'll just need the switch replacing.

Which switch is stuck on? The one on the wall or the one on the machine?

The switch on the wall
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

Ring glass half empty. Player might know if he's free but might be on a job. Ill inbox you matts number.

He'll be poaching Plaayer's eggs at the moment and I think they're out choosing curtains today.
  • Options
    Can you pull he plug ?
  • Options
    Fairly certain it's the switch breaking down and overheating. Turn of ring at mains and remove screws to allow cables to be removed. Remove old socket and replace. If you can user screwdriver it's a DIY job. Don't forget the mains though.
  • Options
    I may well have been about to help but I'm in Rotherham all day.
  • Options
    @SHG it's an integrated washing machine and can't see the plug. I'm guessing its wired into the socket on the wall? The dishwasher doesn't work either so definitely the plug. Glass Half Empty is on the way so hopefully will be sorted sooner rather than later.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The machine will probably be connected straight into a flex outlet under the counter. I'm sure M will sort it.
  • Options
    While he's there, tell him I'm still waiting for him to come round and sort the wiring out in the garage and summer house!
  • Options

@SHG it's an integrated washing machine and can't see the plug. I'm guessing its wired into the socket on the wall? The dishwasher doesn't work either so definitely the plug. Glass Half Empty is on the way so hopefully will be sorted sooner rather than later.

There should be a switched spur at work-top level for each integrated appliance Moisty mate.
  • Options
    BIG_ROB said:

There should be a switched spur at work-top level for each integrated appliance Moisty mate.
    That means nothing to me. I thought spurs were something cowboys wore
  • Options

BIG_ROB said:

And electricians.
  • Options

BIG_ROB said:

Its like a light switch and they sometimes have a red light on them, they're meant to be there to make it easier to isolate each appliance. Normally at the same level as your kitchen double socket outlets......
  • Options
    BIG_ROB said:

BIG_ROB said:

Its like a light switch and they sometimes have a red light on them, they're meant to be there to make it easier to isolate each appliance. Normally at the same level as your kitchen double socket outlets......
    That's the switch that's frozen in the on position
  • Options

Curb_It said:

He'll be poaching Plaayer's eggs at the moment and I think they're out choosing curtains today.
    Just spotted Plaaayer outside John Lewis looking at his watch and tapping his foot, Someones in trouble Doyley ;)

• Options
    It's caused by the electricity arking and has basically Welded the switch in place leaving it stuck in the on position I'm an electrician and now live in Bexley but won't be back till around 1ish send me a message if you still need someone .
  • Options
    @smiffyboy thanks for the offer. Glass Half Empty is coming to have a look once he's finished his job in bandit country