Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Electrician Needed

13»

Comments

• Options
    No worries mate
  • Options
    Smiffyboy - my dog has chewed through the lead on the washing machine , completely chewed it in 2 . I'm in Bexley . Is it something you could take a look at mate ? Urgent of course , can't have the mrs not doing any washing
  • Options
    Shag said:

Smiffyboy - my dog has chewed through the lead on the washing machine , completely chewed it in 2 . I'm in Bexley . Is it something you could take a look at mate ? Urgent of course , can't have the mrs not doing any washing

Shag, to repair your lead is as simple as putting a plug on, B&Q/Homebase sell small junction box's that you can join the cable back up with. Inside the box you will find 3 terminals, all you need to do is connect red to red, blue to blue and green to green.
  • Options
    Shag said:

Sent u a pm
  • Options
    Cheers Mike , still sounds as confusing as the takeover thread but I'll give it a go . If I don't post tomorrow I've been electrocuted .
  • Options
    Brown to brown , blue to blue and green/yellow to green yellow really. Also if you do use one of those plug in JBs then make sure the bit with the pins on is on the piece of cable coming from the washing machine as if it isn't and the plug pulls apart at any time then the pins will be live and very dangerous. I know this from a childhood experience (and yet I still decided to become a spark)
  • Options
    Shag said:

Cheers Mike , still sounds as confusing as the takeover thread but I'll give it a go . If I don't post tomorrow I've been electrocuted .

Lol, no pressure then
  • Options
    Shag said:

Smear some Vic's sinex on the new cable, so when he goes back to investigate the new cable it'll make his eyes water. Rather than his hair curl if he does chew it again. ;)

• Options
    I need a spark for a small job putting a new socket in the hallway (if poss) and changing a few switches. Teeny job for later next week as waiting for the switches to turn up.
    GHE is too busy at the moment.
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

I need a spark for a small job putting a new socket in the hallway (if poss) and changing a few switches. Teeny job for later next week as waiting for the switches to turn up.
    GHE is too busy at the moment.

Don't want to stir things B but if Ian's told you he can't do it, he's lying.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hi B, I can do that for you if you still need someone
  • Options
    I spoke to Matt myself.
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

I spoke to Matt myself.

I said Ian not Matt!
  • Options
    No idea what you're on about.

Anyway thanks am sorted.
    Love this site.

Now, anyone a glazier? Need side windows to the front door changed.
    No harm in asking.
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

Anyway thanks am sorted.
    Love this site.

No harm in asking.

I meant, get Ian to do it and don't take no for an answer! Actually, it wasn't that funny in the first place so ignore it!
  • Options

Curb_It said:

Anyway thanks am sorted.
    Love this site.

No harm in asking.

I meant, get Ian to do it and don't take no for an answer! Actually, it wasn't that funny in the first place so ignore it!
    Lol........I got it!
  • Options
    Everyone on this site got it including all the guests , except one