Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Reasons threads get closed

I have undertaken a not very lengthy, not very scientific, not very actual study of why threads get closed on here and can confirm the results as follows;

Politics 32%
Rangers/Celtic related issues 28%
Religion 20%
Standing at away games 10%
Other 10%

Comments

• why us?
  • Maybe Lancashire Lad can do a Statbank Closethreadometer to measure how many and why threads are closed?
  • How much of the other is sex?
  • nolly said:

why us?

Cos we're ere lad. There's no-one else. Just us.
  • How much of the other is sex?

Sex is a bit of the other.
  • Its sad that the Old Firm has such a grip on our community.

I think it is depressing the Elliott thread got highjacked .I opened the discussion on Friday following a Twitter feed to the Mirror article about an ex Charlton player who might come over to be Chairman ,yet the debate moved on to Paul's time at Celtic and alleged remarks he made about racism north of the border. Why ?
  • Richard J said:

Its sad that the Old Firm has such a grip on our community.

I think it is depressing the Elliott thread got highjacked .I opened the discussion on Friday following a Twitter feed to the Mirror article about an ex Charlton player who might come over to be Chairman ,yet the debate moved on to Paul's time at Celtic and alleged remarks he made about racism north of the border. Why ?

Sorry mate, but this isn't a thread for that - otherwise we'll just go round in circles again.
  • i like going round in circles. each circle gets more aggressive and irrational to the point of no one knows what the conversation started over.
  • I quite liked the fact it just vanished. Plus I got to be called a wanker.
  • SHG, you're a bloke aren't you? Are you really trying to tell us that you don't? :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Off_it said:

Richard J said:

Its sad that the Old Firm has such a grip on our community.

Sorry mate, but this isn't a thread for that - otherwise we'll just go round in circles again.

Don't want to go round in circles just talk about Charlton on a Charlton forum , I like the fact this community goes into other subjects ,I just wish people would be more respectful to each other .

• I quite liked the fact it just vanished. Plus I got to be called a wanker.

Stick around mate, the night is young!
    ;o)
  • It's the anticipation of the closure that I enjoy. Once certain characters turn up, you know it's only a matter of time. Do you think the same thing happens when they turn up at parties?

• Don't want to go round in circles just talk about Charlton on a Charlton forum , I like the fact this community goes into other subjects ,I just wish people would be more respectful to each other .

I'd agree with this, i had a thread pulled about 15 minutes after i started it in the week but posts abusing each other stick around.
  • A circle only has oneside.

• Don't want to go round in circles just talk about Charlton on a Charlton forum , I like the fact this community goes into other subjects ,I just wish people would be more respectful to each other .

I'd agree with this, i had a thread pulled about 15 minutes after i started it in the week but posts abusing each other stick around.

Can I just add that me being called a wanker has nothing to do with this abusing each other ;0

• edited October 2012
    A*****hole.

Hasn't it got an inside and and outside?
  • Ah, but the line separating the two is infinitely thin.

Travis?

• Sponsored links:

• There's 3 points to every triangle
  • I'd rather see posters 'yellow carded' than the threads themselves closed.
  • Addickted said:

I'd rather see posters 'yellow carded' than the threads themselves closed.

Too subjective.
  • Rangers/Celtic related issues 28%

it's just so boreoff.com weird that there's so many overly bothered about it on here
    they must have their own sites to spurt out all the chuffingtons that goes with the territory up there
  • I'll reopen the Elliott one tomorrow once I've taken out the rangers, celtic, racism, abuse etc. Just to subjective and taking it off at a tangent.
  • as soon as thatcher is mentioned in any thread it should be closed (even in political threads, over 20 years ago now, getting less and less relevant everyday) since some posters seem to have unquenchable thirst to splash bile all over their computer screens (on both sides, anti and pro) the thread spirals out of control.

So, yet again thatcher is the reason for all our problems ;)
  • ALIWIBBLE...correct
  • Off_it said:

I have undertaken a not very lengthy, not very scientific, not very actual study of why threads get closed on here and can confirm the results as follows;

Politics 32%
    Rangers/Celtic related issues 28%
    Religion 20%
    Standing at away games 10%
    Other 10%

Aren't the first 3 the same thing ?

• as soon as thatcher is mentioned in any thread it should be closed (even in political threads, over 20 years ago now, getting less and less relevant everyday) since some posters seem to have unquenchable thirst to splash bile all over their computer screens (on both sides, anti and pro) the thread spirals out of control.

So, yet again thatcher is the reason for all our problems ;)

Got my party outfit ready for Trafalgar square for the momentous day.
  • Bit disturbing that people would celebrate the death of an old lady...