Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Reasons threads get closed

2»

Comments

• Options
    SE10 said:

Bit disturbing that people would celebrate the death of an old lady...

In any other situation you might have a case. But she took my milk away and I won't ever forgive her for that ;)
  • Options

as soon as thatcher is mentioned in any thread it should be closed (even in political threads, over 20 years ago now, getting less and less relevant everyday) since some posters seem to have unquenchable thirst to splash bile all over their computer screens (on both sides, anti and pro) the thread spirals out of control.

So, yet again thatcher is the reason for all our problems ;)

I make you right, i blame thatcher.
  • Options
    Paddy Power are giving odds on how long before this thread is closed.
  • Options

as soon as thatcher is mentioned in any thread it should be closed (even in political threads, over 20 years ago now, getting less and less relevant everyday) since some posters seem to have unquenchable thirst to splash bile all over their computer screens (on both sides, anti and pro) the thread spirals out of control.

I'd say that Thatcherite policies are getting more and more relevant every day.

Privatisation, deregulation, demutualisation, cyclic property prices, an uncertain energy supply, a concentration of jobs and economic growth in certain industries at the expense of others. Just a few off the top of my head but all impacted hugely by Maggie and all as relevant today in view of what's transpired as when the decisions were taken.

You're entitled to view her positively but now largely irrelevant to your life and that's fine, that's a view but not one I share. Threads get closed imo because not everyone is prepared to accept that others hold a different view and eventually the discussion stops and the insults start.

That and the place is running alive with saddos trolling and not everyone seems to spot them as early as others...
  • Options

Privatisation, deregulation, demutualisation, cyclic property prices, an uncertain energy supply, a concentration of jobs and economic growth in certain industries at the expense of others. Just a few off the top of my head but all impacted hugely by Maggie and all as relevant today in view of what's transpired as when the decisions were taken.

You're entitled to view her positively but now largely irrelevant to your life and that's fine, that's a view but not one I share. Threads get closed imo because not everyone is prepared to accept that others hold a different view and eventually the discussion stops and the insults start.

That and the place is running alive with saddos trolling and not everyone seems to spot them as early as others...
    I have a theory that its all down to when you were born and which set of useless politicians you first encountered. Mine were Harold Wilsons three day weekers and the winter of discontent. Others may have had the miners strike and the poll tax. It's all part of the ying and yang of life. It may help in our understanding to know that the same small government less tax versus big government more tax (or borrowing in our case) debates were going on 2500 years ago in China when Confucius first appeared.

• Options
    Loco said:

I have a theory that its all down to when you were born and which set of useless politicians you first encountered. Mine were Harold Wilsons three day weekers and the winter of discontent. Others may have had the miners strike and the poll tax. It's all part of the ying and yang of life. It may help in our understanding to know that the same small government less tax versus big government more tax (or borrowing in our case) debates were going on 2500 years ago in China when Confucius first appeared.

The Three Day week and 'Winter of Discontent' occurred during Heath's tenure with the Conservatives.

It doesn't matter who you vote for, the Government always gets in...

• Options
    Redskin said:

Loco said:

The Three Day week and 'Winter of Discontent' occurred during Heath's tenure with the Conservatives.

It doesn't matter who you vote for, the Government always gets in...

Three day week - yes. Winter of discontent - No; that was under Jim Callaghan and was one of the reasons the Conservatives got in. Remember "Labour Isn't Working...."
  • Options
    Off_it said:

nolly said:

why us?

Cos we're ere lad. There's no-one else. Just us.
    now button your tunic up..

very good ..made me chuckle your answer

• Options
    As faras I'm concerned, AFKA's the guvnor, and he does what he thinks fit. But even I am struggling to work out why this one has been closed
  • Options

As faras I'm concerned, AFKA's the guvnor, and he does what he thinks fit. But even I am struggling to work out why this one has been closed

THE worst crime of all on here - duplicate post! ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2012
    Saga Lout said:

THE worst crime of all on here - duplicate post! ;-)
    Ah..must have missed the other one...thanks

Edit..even when they are the first thread in the list...doh!

• Options
    @CatAddick
    You're quite right.