Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Is Wilfred Zaha Worth £10 Million?

Comments

• Options
    Think Zaha is a tremendous talent and has the chance to go on and br a top top player, as Harry would say.

Sadly his sale is likely to leave Palace in a very strong position.
  • Options
    In my humble opinion he is worth that sort of money. He looks too good for the division he is currently plying his trade in. Still a slight gamble as he is not quite the finished product, but top coaches at a Premiership club should sort that out.
  • Options
    10 million is a lot of money even for a premiership club. Having said that Zaha looks the real deal and I can see him going for something like that sort of money even if the final figure is only reached with bolt ons. I hope our board whoever it will be have the good business acumen to hold out for upwards of 3 million for Chris Solly because he too already looks a very very accomplished Championship player.
  • Options
    If someone is willing to pay 10million then he's worth it, if no one is then he's not.
  • Options
    I think he's an Arsenal type of player
  • Options
    wonder if the same level of talent playing in the French or Spanish second division is even half that asking price.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    No chance is he worth 10 million.
    A decent sum will be slapped on the table if the clubs mentioned above are sniffing around, but not that much.
    Financially palarse will benefit, but their team won't.
  • Options
    Jarman said:

No chance is he worth 10 million.
    A decent sum will be slapped on the table if the clubs mentioned above are sniffing around, but not that much.
    Financially palarse will benefit, but their team won't.

Of course the team will benefit even if not directly. If the money pays bills and other running costs then ultimately money that might not have been spent on the team will be available. We all hate Palace but let's not let that get in the way of reality.

• Options
    He signed a 4 or 5 year contract only recently so the £10m will be due to that I'm guessing.
  • Options
    He is worth what somebody is willing to pay for him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2012
    He's one of the few hot names that actually lived up to his billing when I've seen him at The Valley.

Can see him moving at a Top 4 side like Arsenal.
  • Options
    I have to say I thought he was superb against us. Admittedly Solly did a pretty decent job on him but he was absolutely electrifying to watch and there was a niticeable buzz about him.

Admittedly I saw him for one game but I must say that what I saw was pretty superb. Look how much Jenkinson has improved with Premier league coaching.......i'd say Zaha could be a world beater given the right coaching about when to pass.
  • Options
    Yes I believe he is.Am I right in saying that premiership squads need to have eight homegrown players in them.That makes it more of a sellers market?
  • Options

I'd say yes, he's looked pretty good this season and gave both our full backs the absolute runaround

He certainly did. Made Wiggins look two bob and there aren't too many wingers out there that could do that!
  • Options
    I saw Zaha last season and I thought he was quality then and wondered if he would get goals. Every now again you see a player who has quality aka, Bowyer, Parker, Gazza etc and he is. He holds the ball up well, dribbles, has pace, takes on players. I was talking to a palace supporting work colleague and we both agreed that he had no end product (then he gets 2 goals for palace) but I did suggest to him is it because he gets in to good positions and always looks to pass to a striker in the box... rather than take opportunities himself. I was suprised to still see him at Palace when he lined up against us as I thought we would have gone for about £5 millioin last year. Once he has the ball he is very hard to take the ball off him.
  • Options
    and the other player as someone already stated is Tom Ince who is loan at Blackpool.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Rudders22 said:

and the other player as someone already stated is Tom Ince who is loan at Blackpool.

He's not on loan
  • Options
    every time i've seen him, he's looked like a world beater and pretty much beat us on our own a mth ago so i'd say, in the current market, yes.
  • Options
    Creepy Cawley says on Twitter Palace won't accept less than £20m.....
  • Options

Creepy Cawley says on Twitter Palace won't accept less than £20m.....

Suspect they will.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    10 mill, how much must Green be worth?
  • Options

10 mill, how much must Green be worth?

a lot less than 10 mil
  • Options
    Yes he's worth £10mil if not a bit more.
  • Options
    How much did Blackpool pay for him? That would have been one player I would like us to have signed but out of our price range... Tom Ince that is....
  • Options
    He does seem like a real talent who has done well for a couple of seasons now.

Hopefully when the bloke does move its to a team that will play him..not just use him for the Under 21 squads and end back with somebody like Palace!
  • Options
    Could anyone photoshop this?!

• Options
    They still feel the need to put 'South London and proud' on there crappy ads as well as their shirts, joke of a club.
  • Options
    Zaha is a top prospect, I was 'impressed' that Palace kept hold of him in the summer, clearly they've persuaded him that shining in the Championship will get him a better move (and Palace a bigger fee), than moving to the PL to the first bidder (I was surprised that Moses went to Wigan for example). That suggests their finances are strong and they can fight for a decent price, sadly we were desperate when Shelvey left and got a pathetic price.

• Options

Nearly drove the car off the road last night when listening to the radio , they said Spurs were interested in signing Wilfred Zaha and he was worth in the region of £10 million , is he really all that , and is he really worth all that , or has he just got a very good agent?

I know its all about potential but he has 14 goals in 106 games.

Ashley Cole?
  • Options
    It's up to 20 million now, according to various news sources.