Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jackson at left back?

edited October 2012 in General Charlton
I remember he started off there when he first came in on loan. Powell obviously wants his skipper in the team but this level seems to be passing him by in midfield. Add in the reluctance to play a left back instead we're wasting Sollys talent there. Surely its something to consider and then we can move Wilson to RM?

Comments

• Options
    no way. Far too slow
  • Options
    he is too slow
  • Options
    I'd take any solution that allowed us to pick our best player in his best position.
  • Options
    Why don't we play the bloke we bloody bought to play left-back?!?
  • Options
    JJ is too slow and Evina too unrelaible - there you have it> Solly is doing well at left back and Wilson is doing well at right back. If people think that position is our problem, they are looking in the wrong places. Of course we miss Wiggins but it can't be helped.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Plaaayer said:

He was brought as a third division reserve not a second division first teamer.

The defence isn't the problem, as ever it's our powder puff midfield.
  • Options

JJ is too slow and Evina too unrelaible - there you have it> Solly is doing well at left back and Wilson is doing well at right back. If people think that position is our problem, they are looking in the wrong places. Of course we miss Wiggins but it can't be helped.

Spot on.
  • Options
    When Fuller went off I would have moved JJ to left back, Solly to right, Wilson to right mid and Pritchard central.
  • Options
    I'd rather Jackson the left of midfield. He's the best we have here. I'm not sure Kerkar is good enough. Failing that, drop Hollands and play Jackson in the middle.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Plaaayer said:

So why not send him out on loan or let him go?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Plaaayer said:

LenGlover said:

Plaaayer said:

So why not send him out on loan or let him go?
    That's a different question.

I assume that with Wiggins out and our alleged off field problems Powell will have little choice but to play him if Solly gets injured or suspended.
  • Options
    Because is Solly or Wilson got injured- we will need him.
  • Options
    Doubt it. If solly or Wilson gets injured jj will probably go left back.
  • Options
    Hopefully, we won't find out.
  • Options
    I'd stick him on the bench. He hasn't got what it takes.
  • Options
    not if we want him to move at any point
  • Options
    As others have said, full back really isn't a problem at the moment. No creativity, not many goals and Powell's belief that Pritchard is a right winger are all of much more concern to me.
  • Options
    edited October 2012

As others have said, full back really isn't a problem at the moment. No creativity, not many goals and Powell's belief that Pritchard is a right winger are all of much more concern to me.

FFS. How many times? Just because someone is asked to play on the right side of midfield does not mean anyone thinks he is a "winger". I don't see what's too difficult to undersatnd. He's got plenty of energy and is asked to do a job on the right. That's it.

• Options
    It's a concern to me that he is asked to play right midfield at all when we've just loaned out a right midfielder.
  • Options
    A right midfielder that is not good enough for this division.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    In your opinion
  • Options
    Didn't sound like he was fully fit on Saturday, but didn't he do well when moved back into central midfield before he got injured? With our current lack of goals, Jacko is one of the few you could rely upon to nick a few goals during the season. Also needed for free kicks and penalties, if we ever get awarded one.
  • Options

In your opinion

Yep. And, importantly, Chris Powell's too it would seem.
  • Options
    Obviously it's Powell's opinion, doesn't mean it's correct though does it. You only have to read the "if everyone was fit" thread to see some would even have Wagstaff in their first XI. I don't share that opinion, but i know i'd rather have Wagstaff in reserve to come on in the last 15-20 mins of a game than Pritchard.
  • Options

Obviously it's Powell's opinion, doesn't mean it's correct though does it.

Of course not - in the same way it doesn't mean that your opinion is correct either. Not sure where that's gets us though - or what any of it has to do with Jackson playing at left back.

On that point, I'd be inclined to give Evina a go and put Solly back where he belongs. We need the balance. If he's shite and fcuks up then we can always switch back - and at least we know one way or the other then. Whereas we ALL currently know that Solly is not as effective over there.

• Options
    Agreed but then what do you do with Wilson, who doesn't deserve to be dropped?
  • Options

Put him on the right "wing", of course!

• Options
    edited October 2012

play him right mid and Green left mid and let them swap over from time to time

I don't think JJ at left back will work at all, I'd rather see him in central midfield spraying the ball about like Stephens is meant to
  • Options

play him right mid and Green left mid and let them swap over from time to time

I think this is worth a go it would mean green acting out of position but hey ho. My concern would be Evina and Green being very vulnerable a a defensive unit.
  • Options
    Too slow for leftback. He'd be skinned alive facing a pacy winger.

Jacko is fine in CM - but not in combination with the one-paced Stevens and Hollands.
    We are so desperate for quick feet and a burst of pace in midfield.