Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jackson at left back?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

Too slow for leftback. He'd be skinned alive facing a pacy winger.

Jacko is fine in CM - but not in combination with the one-paced Stevens and Hollands.
    We are so desperate for quick feet and a burst of pace in midfield.

And we have that man amongst us. Step forward .................... Bexley Dan!!!
  • Options
    Plaaayer said:

LenGlover said:

Plaaayer said:

Why don't we play the bloke we bloody bought to play left-back?!?

He was brought as a third division reserve not a second division first teamer.

The defence isn't the problem, as ever it's our powder puff midfield.
    So why not send him out on loan or let him go?
    Just because they play in defence doesnt mean they are not a creative option, I would have said without that wiggins created more goals for others than jackson did at left mid.

The whole idea that solly is sound at left back is true but it stifles our attacking intent bacuase as good as he is he is not going to go round the outside of his man
  • Options

I'd rather Jackson the left of midfield. He's the best we have here. I'm not sure Kerkar is good enough. Failing that, drop Hollands and play Jackson in the middle.

Only player we have who can beat a man
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Plaaayer said:

Why don't we play the bloke we bloody bought to play left-back?!?

He was brought as a third division reserve not a second division first teamer.

The defence isn't the problem, as ever it's our powder puff midfield.
    This is a simple question rather than a criticism of what you have said, but was Evina brought in as cover for Jackson originally, because he came in way before Wiggins did in the close season?

I just don't like playing players out of position which was always one of Curbs annoying traits. Powell has done this obviously with Solly, but during the game he keeps swapping over the left and right wingers. Does he do this to confuse the opposition, because so far it hasn't worked. Again Curbs used to do the same bizarre trick.

As i am coming round to the idea of having WIlson at RM, i'd put Evina at LB, Solly at RB, Wilson at RM and maybe rotate Kerkar and Green on LM.
  • Options
    Can't we just let Chris Powell suss things out, after all isn't that what we're paying him for?
  • Options
    Solly is the best left back we have at the club. But I would play Wiggins there if he was fit.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    On the solly at RB point, the game against col u at home last season really sticks in my mind that he was our best attacking player.

When a player plays in his natural position it gives him confidence.

As good as solly is, this is a step up from last season. It's all well and good Powell saying Solly can play anywhere but 3 months playin in the wrong position within a side losing games might damage his development.
  • Options
    No to Jackson left back, keep solly there , keep Wilson RB and make him pass the ball forward to green, instead of trying to be a right winger himself . If he was defending as he should green wouldn't have been on the byline defending for the last goal. Jackson on for 60 mins to keep the midfield tight and try to score from set pieces then either brad Pritchard or Danny Hollands to come on to keep the work rate in midfield up could nick a win .greens quality and early ball in the box could do it.
  • Options
    Can't agree Charltonoldboy you play your best player IN position i.e. Solly at RB. Play Evina at LB and move Wilson into midfield where his engine would be best used. As for JJ at LB I am sorry but he doesn't have the pace and would get skinned regularly.
  • Options
    jamescafc said:

I'd rather Jackson the left of midfield. He's the best we have here. I'm not sure Kerkar is good enough. Failing that, drop Hollands and play Jackson in the middle.

Only player we have who can beat a man
    Good point, although we have Waggy and Cook as well and one of those has been loaned out for some reason.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2012
    Solly is better attacking wise playing on the right, but he is not totally useless on the left and he did score at Blackpool. Solly is a better defender than Wilson but to be fair, Wilson is better going forwards. Playing Wilson, means you cann probably get away with playing Pritchard on the right who does help the midfield and provides energy.
  • Options
    On last night's evidence, daveaddick was spot on.