Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Who was the better manager Lennie or Curbs?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Curbs. Without him look what happened.
  • Options

This thread has alerted me to the fact that Lennie, Curbs, Dowie, Reed and Pardew all managed us in the top flight. Clearly Parkinson's didn't manage it but if Powell hangs around long enough we could well have a situation where six of our last seven managers managed Charlton in the top division.

Just thought I'd point that out.

I suppose "managed" is one way of describing what Uncle Les was doing for those abysmal six weeks!
  • Options
    Curbs ... He developed the club as a whole and was a **** hair from getting us into Europe ...
  • Options
    Close but I'm siding with Lennie. Not just for keeping us up year in year out, but imagine if we hadn't gone up in 85-86 whilst playing at palace. We'd have had even lower crowds and IMO, would have gone bust.
  • Options
    Seed.
    Finished 2nd and 3rd in the top flight of English football.
    70,000 + crowds.
    3 consesecutive promotion seasons.
    Won the FA cup and lost an FA cup final.
    And had to contend with the 2nd World War.
    No contest Mr J Seed for me.

Steve.
  • Options
    Rodex said:

Seed.
    70,000 + crowds.

Steve.

Without doubt our best manager but that wasn't the question. Who's the runner up?
  • Options
    Lennie for me without him the club would have died, however different times different circumstances both great Charlton managers, neither really fulfilled their managerial potential afterwards
  • Options
    Fiiiiiish said:

Curbs. Without him look what happened.

I'm not convinced that Curb's didn't know that the writing was on the cards. He didn't exactly leave a great squad behind.

• Options
    johnny73 said:

Rodex said:

Seed.

70,000 + crowds.

Steve.

Without doubt our best manager but that wasn't the question. Who's the runner up?
    Walter Rayner is my runner up but my answer for the OP is

Llewellyn.

• Options
    Lennie has the Eagle on his chest and should be erased from the record books. If he manages them I will trip him up next time I see him in Locksbottom.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    masicat said:

Lennie has the Eagle on his chest and should be erased from the record books. If he manages them I will trip him up next time I see him in Locksbottom.

Well if we did not want him to accept other jobs, maybe we should have offered him one.