Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Leeds v Charlton Post-Match News & Views 2012

Comments

• Options

Think it's because we haven't learned to play against teams that are resolute, hard working and well organised yet. The more 'attacking' teams (Leicester, Blackpool, Leeds) we seem to do well against but those that are more 'study' (Barnsley, Hull) we run out of ideas against. Hopefully experience in the league will hope us improve in this area.

Nail on the head
  • Options

Could someone please confirm where Dervite played? Was he a defensive midfielder or did we play 5 at the back?

Sat in front of the back 4 apparently.

• Options
    Good result - hopefully we can pull our home form up and we'll be fine.

Hope CP doesn't get in trouble for shouting at the ref in the first half.

Many thanks to all those providing updates.
  • Options

Apparently only around 17,500 at Elland Rd

Can't remember the last time I heard that low a number for a Leeds home league game!

Well done CP and the lads

Its low i know, but to be fair do they have a less appealing tuesday night home game all season??
  • Options
    It takes a brave man to make numerous changes.

One thing I'm sure of, had we lost tonight, SCP would have been absolutely slaughtered on here and elsewhere.

Well done lads, sounded a lot of character in that performance tonight.

And every single one of you who made the trip up there tonight, take a bow. Sounded like you represented the club brilliantly.
  • Options
    Well done lads proud of you all :) also thanks peeps for great match thead
  • Options
    Support sounded immense. Anyone know how many there? All quality anyway regardless of numbers
  • Options

One thing I'm sure of, had we lost tonight, SCP would have been absolutely slaughtered on here and elsewhere.

And every single one of you who made the trip up there tonight, take a bow. Sounded like you represented the club brilliantly.

I wouldn't have slaughtered him, as most of those changes were what I wanted! Seriously, SCP would have been slaughtered if he did nothing, as the status quo was clearly not working.
  • Options
    Great result but still only a point but a point more than I expected

Good to hear the handful that made it to Elland Road got right behind the team , although surely that's what you do if you're crazy enough to go up there midweek or down there if you're living in Newcastle

As Afka says that was a brave move by SCP with some of those changes , he who dares rodney he who dares

0% top 6 .....7th-12th 10% .....13th-21st 70% .... Relegation 20%
  • Options
    The major problem with us at the moment is that we are 'set up' nicely away from home with the 4-5-1 and are good at soaking and breaking out into attack - but we will find it hard to do that at home when the pressure is on us to attack.

Are we going to chop and change from 4-5-1 away to 4-4-2 at home? Its VERY tough to play 4-5-1 at home (unless you are playing genuine wingers) because its not a very aggressive tactic and you are buggered if you go a goal down.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A good point and pleasing to hear that people like Evina, Dervite and Hulse did well. With the injuries we currently have, we're going to have to dig deep into the squad.

Equally important, whatever our technical shortcomings ( and some of our players are, in truth, finding the higher level difficult ), there is clearly nothing wrong with the spirit and guts of the side.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Let's not underestimate the loss of Fuller. Both his all-around game and finishing.
  • Options

Apparently we didn;t even have to lose tonight for him to continue to be getting it in the neck from some quarters.

Pathetic really. But not surprising.
  • Options
    Just seen the goals. Seemed a fairly obvious foul for their goal - fella was all over the back of Cort.
  • Options
    Just got in. Full marks to Chris Powell. Evina was fine. Very comfortable on the ball. Wilson energetic and worked well with Solly who was his usual self in his rightful spot. Good display from Kerkar who was skilful and always a threat. Devite carried on where he left off at Blackpool and that slot is now his away from home. Hulse worked tirelessly. Hamer never had a proper save to make apart from the goal which tells you all you need to know about our defence Morro and Cort unpassable except when shoved in the back. But Hamer was commanding with corners and free kicks tonight. That leaves central midfield and it gives me no pleasure to say that the absence of Hollands and Stephens did us a big favour as for once our midfield outclassed the oppo - though to be fair Leeds were a poor outfit with no guile or class. Malaysian Addick was right about their limitations. Pritchard was excellent and my MOM as he showed up everywhere ankle -biting and harrying.

Ref was quick to get the yellow out. Very unlucky card for BWP!

Good shout for the fans. Leeds on a Tuesday is a hard call for most. The vocals were ever present throughout and judging by the goal celebrations the players appreciated it.
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Apparently we didn;t even have to lose tonight for him to continue to be getting it in the neck from some quarters.

I've seen that as well. Unbelievable.

• Options
    I haven't looked, but I can imagine which quarters those were.

How are Rangers doing, btw?
  • Options
    Off_it said:

you should stop visiting those weirdo sites Offy - only your self to blame :-)
  • Options
    If I was offered a point after the game on Saturday I would have bitten your hand off.

Excellent response after the poor quality of Saturday.

We need home form to pick up to guarentee our safety, but also away form to remain on the same level it is.

Well done Chrissy on shaking it up with the changes. Excellent bit of thinking.
  • Options
    wont be putting our game on saturday in any accumilators, no idea whats gonna happen
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just come back from Leeds and our performance was good. As some have said, WIlson was excellent and provided a good attacking threat and solly was magnificent as usual.

I believe we deserved the 3 points and was gutted when the final whistle went.

Still, a point away at Elland Road is a good point

COYR
  • Options
    In Chris we should trust.
  • Options
    Quality point ... Powelly has clocked his away tactics ... Home form not so much... Kept the faith ... Well done boys!
  • Options

match stats addicks first-:
    possession 51% - 49%
    shots on 3 - 4
    shots off 8 - 4
    corners 5 - 8

GOALS 1 - 1

Can't get a sheet of Bronco between us there, 1-1 seems a fair score line to me!
  • Options
    Great result. Powell made exactly the changes I wanted and also put in a big powerful midfielder (Dervite) something that I have wanted to see for a long time. A watershed moment in our season I believe. We will have to play differently at home, but having that strength in midfield, a big strong holding midfielder and a busy little terrier like Pritchard will make a huge difference to our season.
  • Options
    Good result. Said it before and will continue to do so - we are a better team without Stephens.
  • Options

Great result. Powell made exactly the changes I wanted and also put in a big powerful midfielder (Dervite) something that I have wanted to see for a long time. A watershed moment in our season I believe. We will have to play differently at home, but having that strength in midfield, a big strong holding midfielder and a busy little terrier like Pritchard will make a huge difference to our season.

Away from home, yes, although we would be a much more dangerous prospect with Fuller in the team.

I wonder if at home we are not getting caught between two stools and are between playing it long to Kermorgant/Fuller and trying to play through the middle?

With Hulse in the side it might be worth going more direct at home and trying to really batter people, like we did in the second half of last season, with BWP etc looking for scraps around the penalty box from Hulse's aerial power.

If we get our noses in front at home maybe we can then look to 'play' more but if we have to go direct to get results then that's all that matters for the time being.

Interesting Danny Green being dropped, probably because of his error in giving the goal away on Saturday.
  • Options

Good result. Said it before and will continue to do so - we are a better team without Stephens.

Agree. Stephens is a luxury we can't afford at the moment.
  • Options

This.
    The two dullards on Whippet FM pretty much slated our every move/ pass but were resigned to us nicking a win in the last 20 mins. Good effort to all. Same again on Saturday please!!!
  • Options
    Credit to SCP for being brave enough to change things when they aren't working. Solly at right back and Wilson on right wing is how we should be playing. Green isn't good enough. Evina at left back is right, too. Better to keep Solly in his correct position, play Wilson in his, and use a good young left back while Wiggins is injured. Evina will only get better by playing.