Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wolverhampton W V Charlton Ath|27 October 2012|Preview, News, Views & Line Ups

edited October 2012 in General Charlton
The introduction.

You'd think the players didn't like playing at the Valley so different have performances, and results, in SE7 proved compared to those on the road.

Whether that is coincidence, the nature of the opposition faced so far, the make up of the squad or just its manager's mentality we shall see as the season progresses but there is no doubt that we look more likely away from home and the points total backs that up.

A much improved performance at Elland Road has restored the confidence of some fans and has hopefully done the same for the players. Now can we build on that and take three points at one of the title contenders?

The Opposition

Relegated last season, Wolves lived up to their favourites billing early on but have had a miserable October so far. Defeats to Dougie Freeman's Red and Blue Army (snigger, snigger) and Huddersfield as well as a draw with Dougie Freeman's Blue and White Army (LOL) have seen the Old Gold slip to 6th. And only a win over managerless Blackburn has kept them that high.

They can still boast a number of classy players and retain the Addicks' old nemesis (Your so) Sylvain Ebanks-Banks. Doyle and Sigurdson are also dangerous forwards but try not to be too shocked to see former Addick Frank Nouble playing at such a high level. Carl Ikeme is another loanee who could make an appearance.

The Line Up

Preview Towers will be amazed if the 4 - 5- 1 used at Leeds isn't retained and more than likely with the same players. Dorian Dervite is set to become the new Semedo as a centre half moved into a defensive midfield role to give us a more solid centre. All he needs now is a song.

Ceddy Evina made what for many was a long overdue start allowing Solly and Wilson to link up on the right.

The only question marks will be over Stephens or Pritchard and Hulse or BWP. The answer is surely don't change a winning drawing team

The Prediction

Another tight game and another draw. 0 - 0

Hamer
Solly Cort Morrison Evina
Dervite
Wilson Pritchard Jackson Kerker
Hulse

Comments

• Options
    Dervite oh,oh, oh, oh

Dervite oh, oh.oh

He comes from Gallic Gaul

He doesn't like Millwall

While I'm at it:

Championship wonder HULSE! (to the tune of Champion the wonder horse)

If I had a HAMER I'd HAMER in the morning I'd HAMER in the evening I'd HAMER all day (to the tune of if I had a hammer)

SHHHH, SHHHH It's LEON COURT (as opposed to silence in court)

Oh Lawrie we love you oh Lawrie we do ( to the tune of Tell Laura I love her)

Might need a bit of work but I've never pretended to be Lennon and Mc Cartney

:-)
  • Options
    Probably need to sticky this one.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    About time
  • Options
    Pritchard for me, great performance and would be injustice if he lost his place, and as we will probably be the 4-1-4-1 formation then hulse fits nicely into that role, bwp on as fresh legs to nick a goal at the end
  • Options
    Tuesdays lineup changes had some expected, some unexpected, and a forced last-minute change. It seems like SCP had actually logged onto CL just to satisfy our callings with the evina lb, solly rb, wilson rm changes..... What caught me off guard was the introduction into the lineup of Dorian Devrite for Hollands (not to say hollands had not been struggling) and Hulse prefferred over BWP. I wouldnt be surprised if more changes are instore for this sats visit up to wolves ...

i predict a 2-1 Addicks Win - goals from Jacko n Cort
    hamer, solly, cort, morro, evina, wilson, hollands, devrite, jackson, kerkar, bwp
  • Options
    Same team as Tues. It just makes sense.

2-0 to the Addicks...Hulse and Wilson with the goals.
  • Options
    Agree with same team as Tues. Why not! 1-2 Addicks.
  • Options
    I'll be amazed, and to be honest disappointed, if Chris doesn't stick with the same formation and side. I suspect he has been reluctantly forced into playing a lone striuker as whenever he has done it away from home before he often reverts back to the failed 442 at home. In my view, given the players at his disposal,he has to stick with 451 for the rest ofthe season and if he does I predict we'll stay up. Reverting back to 442 and we'll lose midfield,
    revert to long ball and slip down the league.
  • Options
    Yep, an unchanged side but a fine 2-1 win to the Addicks. Come on you Reds!
  • Options
    Wolves will be desperate not to drop any more points at home this month and the Ebanks-Blake factor is worrying. Its not a happy hunting ground despite the 4-0 in the Prem. Were we good or were Leeds bad? Bit of both maybe? Just cannot see past a plucky 2-1 defeat.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Another low-scoring draw.
  • Options
    2-1 to the reds... Crowd boo... Dervite fires up the away support ... Everyone goes home in a Cadillac... F*** Yeah!!!
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Another tight match with the addicks scraping a draw at best , no doubt it'll be the refs fault as well when we don't win
    I'm pretty certain we'll get more points at home than away , how many times have we finished the season with more points away from home ??

2-1 to the wanderers
  • Options
    You have a chance in every game in this division so a win isn't impossible. Think wolves will beat us in this one though
  • Options
    this will be my only away game this till after the new year, back to oz in a couple of weeks so I'm hoping for a 2-2 draw, or we will nick it 3-2. I'm also hoping we sick with the same formation and team, maybe throw bwp on a little earlier than tuesdays game. with d.d playing infront of our back four, it naturally pushes our centre midfield up the park a bit more. this in turn helps with getting bodies in the box when we attack and supporting the lone front man. there is no reason why this cannot work at home as well.

looking forward to making the trip!
  • Options
    Always fairly confident going away from home. Said we would get a point up at Leeds and we came close to winning it. Im predicting a 1-1 draw with our goal coming from jackson
  • Options
    One of those that should be a defeat on paper but if we stick to the gameplan might nick another point.

Think they might have too much quality up front on the day so think maybe a 2-1 defeat.

Just as long as the travelling hordes sing Len's Hamer song, brilliant.
  • Options
    If we play a similar team to the Leeds game then I think our defence can cope but will our midfield and attack manage to fashion any chances. Set plays will be our main chance of scoring and I hope for a draw at best.
    At least Steve Bull isn't playing - he always seemed to score against us.
  • Options
    Blimey - Leeds games about 75% predicted a loss. A 1-1 draw later, and 75% predict a win away at Wolves. All I know is I would be delighted with a point, and who know, maybe we could repeat Blackpool and get a surprise 3 points. Just looked at the quality in their squad, and I just cant see us winning. Think our Leeds formation could give us a chance though.

The Championship is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're going to get.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Anything other than a loss would be absolutely awesome. Won't be a goal fest but if I'm pushed for a prediction then 1 - 0 to Wolves.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2012

The Championship is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're going to get.

unless you buy a box of maltesers.
  • Options
    same team. same score.
  • Options
    away win.
  • Options

unless you buy a box of maltesers.
    as everyone knows they are not chocolates.

"Chocolates?"
    "No, Maltesers."

• Options
    1-1 again
  • Options
    2 0 win for us, Wilson opener in the first half before a nervy second half ending with a BWP goal, to secure the points.
  • Options
    Sylvain Ebanks-Banks will score.
  • Options
    COME ON YOU HADDOCK AND CHIP LOVERS!!!

2-1 screamer from cort, smashed in from 3 yards, el classico centre defender pile driver after a goal mouth scramble lasting 3 minutes (proper old skool)... second goal nothing to shout about really, wilson with a clean strike from 20 yards out top corner.

the goal mouth scramble (LOVE THEM).
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Stick with the same team that started against Leeds on Tuesday night. The reason we've been so inconsistent in this division so far is that Powell has been forced into changes most weeks.

Sako for me is the key playere here. We need to keep a close eye on him and not let him shoot. He can hit the target from any angle and I see him as a future Premier League player. We also need to make sure we don't give away any silly freek kicks around the area with this lot.

Teams make the top six in this league if they can string a few results together, which no one is really doing consistently yet. It took Leicester a while and now look at them. I believe if we can keep within touching distance of the playoffs, then we can make a real charge for those positions when Yann, Fuller and Wiggins are all back. COYR!